New Dissidia Arcade Game (NT)

Ryuman

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Pointlessname, Pointer
Man, I'm not really feeling all that excited at the moment. I wish I was, but you gotta give me a proper story mode!

Tashasaurous

Tash for Short
AKA
Sailor Moon, Mini Moon, Hotaru, Cardcaptor Sakura, Meilin, Xion, Kairi, Aqua, Tifa, Aerith, Yuffie, Elena, Misty, May, Dawn, Casey, Fiona, Ellie
I suspect he's interested in a storyline (or multiple storylines).

We'll, we still seem to be getting that. Just not specifically divided up between characters in single tracks.

Well, I'm with him on that one when it comes to a storyline. While I am still half excited for the game and quite surprised that it's coming out sooner than I thought-even though January being the release month for Dissidia NT was in the back of my mind being the thing even though I doubted it but still surprised that the thought was right-the game itself is kind of like the Super Smash Bros franchise with only one game having a storyline mode(Brawl).

Also, I heard that the more you play in the adventure more, the more story cutscenes you'll unlock no matter which character you're using. However that works with this game.

Dawnbreaker

~The Other Side of Fear~
Well, I put in for the pre-order of the Collector's Edition (the one with Warrior of Light's bust xD). Should arrive in about...5 years? LOL

No, well it actually says March 2018, which is strange, since the game is due to be released January 2018. WTF? Anyways, super excited. Better be good, or I dunno, KILL ALL WITH FIRE?

ChipNoir

Pro Adventurer
Well, I put in for the pre-order of the Collector's Edition (the one with Warrior of Light's bust xD). Should arrive in about...5 years? LOL

No, well it actually says March 2018, which is strange, since the game is due to be released January 2018. WTF? Anyways, super excited. Better be good, or I dunno, KILL ALL WITH FIRE?

Imagine a multi-website tournament. Best of Lifestream, Gamefaqs, NeoGaf, and other sites all competing to be the best.

Ryuman

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Pointlessname, Pointer
I suspect he's interested in a storyline (or multiple storylines). :monster:

We'll, we still seem to be getting that. Just not specifically divided up between characters in single tracks.
The lack of info info thus far doesn't give us much of an idea, but it did sound pretty basic.

The problem for me personally is that I don't really play games in a competitive manner. I wouldn't really go online and get really into playing against others. Without any engaging single-player content I would basically just have a few matches with the different characters and get bored quickly.

Coming off a sub-series that featured an incredibly robust single-player experience, it would be a bit of a disappointment for me.

ChipNoir

Pro Adventurer
I suspect he's interested in a storyline (or multiple storylines). :monster:

The lack of info info thus far doesn't give us much of an idea, but it did sound pretty basic.

The problem for me personally is that I don't really play games in a competitive manner. I wouldn't really go online and get really into playing against others. Without any engaging single-player content I would basically just have a few matches with the different characters and get bored quickly.

Coming off a sub-series that featured an incredibly robust single-player experience, it would be a bit of a disappointment for me.

I have no doubt there's going to be single player modes. What I just don't see them doing is creating something as complicated and intensive as a storymode, where every character has an entire 40-60 minutes of things to do that revolves just around them.

JechtShotMK9

The Sublimely Magnificent One
AKA
Kamiccolo9
Playing it now. It's a loooot different from the old games, and will take some getting used to. But it's super fun, and it has 100% more Y'shtola :)

JechtShotMK9

AKA
Kamiccolo9
@Jecht

Please let us know if they ever fix that eldritch monstrosity of a user interface :monster:

It, uh, is a bit cluttered :P Whether it was worse before, I cannot say, having not seen it prior to the beta. None of it really interferes with the gameplay, though, but there is one bar that I cannot for the life of me figure out what it does :P

JechtShotMK9

AKA
Kamiccolo9
@Jecht

Please let us know if they ever fix that eldritch monstrosity of a user interface :monster:

It, uh, is a bit cluttered :P Whether it was worse before, I cannot say, having not seen it prior to the beta. None of it really interferes with the gameplay, though, but there is one bar that I cannot for the life of me figure out what it does :P

The summon bar maybe?

Nah, the summon bar is at the top left, above the party "life" bars. I'm talking about the bottom bar in the top left corner. I think it might have to do with when you can use your triangle button skills, but I'm not sure.

ChipNoir

Pro Adventurer

The summon bar maybe?

Nah, the summon bar is at the top left, above the party "life" bars. I'm talking about the bottom bar in the top left corner. I think it might have to do with when you can use your triangle button skills, but I'm not sure.

Ex-meters then, I think. Ex-Skills replace the Exmode/burst. You rack up that meter and are able to use special abilities that are usually meant to shift the tide of battle by either applying buffs or debuffs.

OniRaitei

Lv. 25 Adventurer
Hi everyone!

Here are 2 extra codes for the closed Beta. I'm dumping them here. First come, first served.

3DN8-Q5NH-G29N
and
J59L-PGNE-622C

Top Bottom