New Pokemon Games:Pokemon X and Y is scheduled for the 3DS

Gym Leader Devil

True Master of the Dark-type (suck it Piers)
AKA
So many names
So the other day, when the scans first hit the internet and Kris showed 'em to us, I commented that it'd be hilarious if that monster T.rex was the baby form. Well, its hilarious. Its name is Tyrunt, and its only two feet seven inches tall weighing 57.3 pounds. If it looks that badass and monstrous as a first form, imagine what its evolved state will be like :awesome:

Mantichorus

"I've seen enough."
AKA
Kris; Mantichorus; Sam Vimes; Neku Sakuraba; Koki Kariya; Hazama; CuChulainn; Yu Narukami; Mewtwo; Rival Silver; Suicune; Kanata; Professor Oak; The Brigadier; VIII; The Engineer
Well, due to a slip up, IGN has revealed Litleo's evo. It retains the little one's Fire/Normal typing. Unless there's a further stage, my hopes for a manticore expy are quashed. Although in some versions of the legend, the manticore has blue eyes... :awesome:

Pyroar-Male-Version-Official-Art_300dpi-1044x1152.jpg

Pyroar-Female-Version-Official-Art_300dpi-1152x1103.jpg

image sources:
http://www.vg247.com/2013/09/13/pok...akie/pyroar-male-version-official-art_300dpi/
http://www.vg247.com/2013/09/13/pok...ie/pyroar-female-version-official-art_300dpi/

Have to say, love the fire kanji in the male's mane, as well as the female's topknot. :monster:

Clicky Person

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Nanny Ogg
I thought the girls main would be different.

Well the males tail does look kinda scorpinionish. In a hair styled kinda way. So we never know it might get a third form.

Mantichorus

"I've seen enough."
AKA
Kris; Mantichorus; Sam Vimes; Neku Sakuraba; Koki Kariya; Hazama; CuChulainn; Yu Narukami; Mewtwo; Rival Silver; Suicune; Kanata; Professor Oak; The Brigadier; VIII; The Engineer
Official site update.

Chespin > Quilladin > ???
Fennekin > Braixen > ???
Froakie > Frogadier > ???

Torimian's English name is Furfrou.

Team Flare is lead by a group of scientists.

Gym Leader Devil

AKA
So many names
Well, I now want to catch a female Litleo. The male is awesome looking, but the female is so sleek and mean looking I just have to have that one.

Gym Leader Devil

AKA
So many names
Bulbagarden said:
The Pokémon Company's official Twitter and Facebook accounts have sent out a message announcing that there will be a surprise announcement at 8 a.m. PDT this Monday, Sept. 16, 2013. These accounts have only advised followers to "tune in", and have not specified the medium on which the announcement will be presented.

So yeah, dunno where this is gonna be, and the "surprise" is sorta spoiled by telling us in advance, but moar Pokeyman news incoming tomorrow :trainermon:

Mantichorus

"I've seen enough."
AKA
Big reveal, huh?
From now until 12 October, residents of the US have to collect codes for a chance to win Pokemon prizes.
The Pokemon Company will be hiding secret codes all over the web. When fans living in the US find one, they need to enter it on this website to unlock a Poke Ball. Inside every Poke Ball is a Pokemon, a digital gift, and a chance to win. Fans will find tips on how to find the latest codes on Facebook and Twitter.
Needless to say, this feels like a step back into the bad old days for those of us who don't fly the Stars and Stripes.

Noticed something interesting the other day, when I saw the old London 2012 Paralympics logo on the TV.
Paralympic_Keyring.jpg

Now, I've seen a similarly stylised lion's head like that recently...
256px-Pyroar.png

Seems Tokyo were fairly confident of getting the 2020 Olympics. :awesome:

Gym Leader Devil

AKA
So many names
Yeah, we saw that "news" announcement, and it was a bit of a letdown for us. I can imagine it sucks even worse for the non-'muricans in the crowd.

Mantichorus

"I've seen enough."
AKA
Tyrantrum
tyrantrum.png

Already released material describes Tyrunt as losing its temper when things go bad for it, so it's little surprise that it's evo's name is made up of tyrant + tantrum.

Aurorus
amauraevo.png

Amaura's evo. Name made up of aurora + saurus. Learns a move called Freeze Dry - obviously freezes the opponent, but is super effective against Water types!

Details released to the media seem to imply that no Kalos début Pokémon will be getting a Mega Evo, at least in these games. Also implied is that now your squad will gain EXP for fighting a wild Pokémon that you capture (God, I hope that's true)!

We really haven't discussed it, but it's been revealed that you can fully customise your player avatar in game, getting different clothes (possibly different options are unlocked at different stages - e.g., you can't buy the clothes of an Ace Trainer until you've met them), and being able to change hair and iris colours! :D

Super Mario

IT'S A ME!
AKA
Jesse McCree. I feel like a New Man
I want that t-rex in my team. Dragons x Dinosaurs theme man. Finally something legitimate and not some silly fossil bird, plant, insect, underwater creautre...A REAL DINOSAUR!!!

Gym Leader Devil

AKA
So many names
I want that t-rex in my team.

This probably won't make my main team at first, it'll get a spot on the bench until post Elite Four like my other six fossil mons did, THEN get trained into a nigh-unstoppable murderbeast. But oh yes, I do want it. The Aurorus too, that is a gorgeous, majestic Ice-type right there. Love that signature attack too.

Dragons x Dinosaurs theme man. Finally something legitimate

What's illegitimate about the other fossil Pokemon? Let's see the list here...

and not some silly fossil bird,

Which is a dinosaur, of course :awesome: Also incredibly potent battlers if you keep them in good health (damn Defeatist). I just bred an Adamant, Quick Tempered one to train today :trainermon:

Cradilly is awesome. Clicky's Cradilly, Thorn, is one of the mainstays of her Grass-type team.

I'll admit, this one is sorta lame except for being an amusingly obscure reference (even paleontology students don't often know what an Anomalocaris is for a fair bit of time).

underwater creautre...

S'abit vague, innit? Lileep/Cradilly, Anorith/Armaldo, Tirtouga/Caracosta, and the OGs Kabuto/Kabutops and Omanyte/Omastar are all underwater dwelling monsters. All pretty awesome in one way or another (still not too fond of Anorith and Armaldo though) as well, and based on legit prehistoric critters. Most of which pre-date dinosaurs by a long shot.

A REAL DINOSAUR!!!

The aforementioned Archen/Archeops, plus Cranidos/Rampardos and Shieldon/Bastiodon all say hello :reapermon: That's a probable dromaeosaur (not to mention all birds are technically theropod dinosaurs), a pachycephalosaurus, and a ceratopsian of some sort (Shieldon in particular resembles a protoceratops) right there.

Don't get me wrong, I love me some dinosaurs. Have since I was like three years old. I love Tyrunt/Tyrantrum, and I'm really pleased to see a sauropod get some love in Amaura/Auroros. Just don't see why we gotta look down on the non-dinosaurs in the process. After all, dinosaurs make up a tiny fraction of the totality of prehistoric life, and thus of the fossil record :awesome:

Super Mario

IT'S A ME!
AKA
Becauuse! I grew up loving Dinosaurs and Jurassic Park! Pokemon managed to put a Shout Out by giving me an Aerodactyl back then and 2 disappointing fossils and I've been waiting for gens to get me a T-Rex to call brother amongst my Dragon horde ;____; Now my dream has come true for this series! (I dont consider Archen to be part of my ideal dinos because it has feathers! /biased ) and Cranidos and Bastiodon are cool I will admit but they cannot beat a T-rex! x(

I also struggled to give badass names to the prehistoric mon except for Aerodactyl! And their typing and movepool are not fancy enough or are filled by Krookodile, who is a monster in my team as of late @___@

and I can finally name Aurorus, Littlefoot. A worthy name, for a worthy pokemon <3

Edit: OH FUCK TYRANTRUM IS A DRAGON/ROCK!? GOODBYE KROOKODILE!!!

Last edited:

Clicky Person

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Nanny Ogg
Amaura like Tirtouga before it will probably get a permanent spot on my team as soon as I get it. I like putting the fossil pokemon on my team, they are awesome.:trainermon: I'm pretty sure I had a Cradilly on my Sapphire team. Can't remember for sure what all was on that team, but I do remember training Lillian the Lileep for a while at least.

Mantichorus

"I've seen enough."
AKA
Honedge's evo, Doublade:
doublade.jpg

Gym Leader Devil

AKA
So many names
I think I liked it better as a single sword, honestly :reapermon:

Edit: Oh hey, a bit more news came out in a Nintendo Dream interview. Some important bits I found via Bulbanews:

Pokémon gain experience even when the opposing wild Pokémon is caught (as stated in another interview). A caught Pokémon gives the same experience points as a defeated one. <---Confirmation of something we hoped for :awesome:

Ghost-type Pokemon can freely escape from battle without being influenced by Shadow Tag. (The official website mentioned trapping moves.) <---Wobuffet gets a little less broken once again :awesomonster:

The item Exp. Share will revert to Exp. All as in Generation I, where when one Pokémon holding this item participates in battle, all other Pokémon in the team receive experience as well. Unlike in Generation I, the experience is not split but rather received by all Pokémon. This means that the participating Pokemon receive 100% experience, while non-participating Pokémon receive 50% experience. <---Clicky does a happy dance because she missed this thing even though she'd long since forgotten what it was called :trainermon:

Some moves, with focus on special ones, have had their power and accuracy revamped. <---Whether this is good news or bad remains to be seen. Here's hoping none of my favorite moves got nerfed. I'll be pissed if, say, Zen Headbutt or Dragon Pulse get nerfed in some way after I spent hours hunting for shards to tutor them onto Pokemon that can't learn them naturally :reapermon:

Last edited:

Gym Leader Devil

AKA
So many names
A bit of news, albeit from two days ago. The first bit is welcome:

BulbanewsNOW said:
Review copies of Pokémon X & Y have been confirmed as now being in the wild.

The second bit is less welcome for those of us hungry to know more:

The embargo on reviews is apparently October 4th, however apparently a lot of information will remain embargoed until release day.

The third related bit... well:

Reportedly, reviewers will *NOT* be allowed to talk about the final evolved forms of the new starter Pokémon until after game release.

Emphasis is mine (except the *NOT* part) cause holy hell, that sucks for anyone who wanted a bit more info to help pick their starter. No trouble for me, as tradition demands I take Fennekin, but for anyone who isn't sure yet? Sucks to be you, wait a few extra days to get news on the final evos before you buy/play :doh:

Mantichorus

"I've seen enough."
AKA
I expect that counts for version exclusives, too. Still, even if it doesn't, I will have to leap on any news this Friday as Saturday will be the last chance for me to pre-order at GAME.

Still, almost certain I'll be getting Y now. Although if there's an announcement that makes me favour X, that'll flip. :awesome:

Gym Leader Devil

AKA
So many names
And here I was hoping you'd grab X so we could trade version exclusives and such. Ah well, Clicky is pretty sure that when she gets her copy later on, it'll be X. So I can trade with her for whatever exclusives it has :awesome:

Mantichorus

"I've seen enough."
AKA
And here I was hoping you'd grab X so we could trade version exclusives and such. Ah well, Clicky is pretty sure that when she gets her copy later on, it'll be X. So I can trade with her for whatever exclusives it has :awesome:
Well, I was initially planning on Y when they were first announced, if you recall. And both you and a friend who's getting X at release have people locally who'll be getting the opposing version later.

But! I did say that if there was more news that made me favour X, I might swing to that version.

Remember my theory that the glow from the Origin OVA trailer was Charizard gaining a Mega Evolution?

S32.jpg

Mega! Charizard! X!
  • Type: Fire/Dragon
  • Ability: Tough Claws (raises the power of direct contact moves)
  • Physical attack boost.

EDIT: official site update - http://www.pokemonxy.com/en-us/pokemon/mega_pokemon/

So Y, the ball is in your court. Should I stay or should I go? :awesome:

Mantichorus

"I've seen enough."
AKA
  • Character customisation includes facial hair
  • Character name space has been increased from seven characters to eight (might input my full name)
  • A leak has stated Fennekin's final evo *is* Fire/Psychic

Gym Leader Devil

AKA
So many names
@The above: Facial hair?! Please please please... gimme a pointed goatee and devil stash if not a full beard. I'd say shut up and take my money but I preordered so they already HAVE my money.

Super Mario

IT'S A ME!
AKA
Guys please are there any news on Mega Dragonite?! ; ___ ; they have a Mega Garchomp! where's my Mega Draggy!!

Top Bottom