New Pokemon Games:Pokemon X and Y is scheduled for the 3DS

Mantichorus

"I've seen enough."
AKA
Kris; Mantichorus; Sam Vimes; Neku Sakuraba; Koki Kariya; Hazama; CuChulainn; Yu Narukami; Mewtwo; Rival Silver; Suicune; Kanata; Professor Oak; The Brigadier; VIII; The Engineer
I got a big wall poster sized copy of the map when I pre-ordered my copy of Pokemon Y
Way cooler than the UK pre-order bonus. Not sure what we'd need a DS game card case shaped like a Poke Ball for (better to just get a carry case for the console, which has enough space for a dozen or so game carts (no I'm not bitter about it)).

Circled in yellow, we have what looks like an energy production facility that puts the whole of Sinnoh to shame. Its hard to make out on this smaller map, but it includes a wind farm, a geothermal plant, what might be a solar array, a possible hydroelectric plant, and some other buildings I'm not even guessing at yet. And looking at it, the entire area around all these energy production plants is a circle of sandy brown on the map, maybe desert or dead grass. The shape is unnatural looking, and it contrasts greatly with the surrounding grasslands. Also there's a river running through so desert seems wrong. Is there a Mako Reactor in there or something? Is this a Mini-Midgar in MY Pokeverse? And the fuck do they NEED so much power for? Does Lumiose city use that much electricity?
Well, considering the theories that the villainous team be doing something regarding mucking about with genetics (the games' names, plus Mewtwo), maybe it's for running an insane lab? :huh:

I was going to be posting here anyhow, as I think I have an idea how Sylveon evolves (it's obvious, and most of you probably have already guessed it yourselves). Starting with Gen II, Eeveelutions always coincide with a new feature - i.e., Espeon/Umbreon evolve via friendship plus the clock, Leafeon and Glaceon evolve via location. The first trailer that showed us Pokemon-amie had footage of a Sylveon eating something. Therefore, I conclude that Sylveon (plus - hopefully - the ninth Eeveelution) evolve via Pokemon-amie (almost certain of this point), most likely by being fed a particular thing.

Gym Leader Devil

True Master of the Dark-type (suck it Piers)
AKA
So many names
Yeah, its a cool map. Its gotten me thinking alot about the region and what its gonna be like there. Albeit, lots of those thoughts boil down to "what the hell is that?" or something similar :doh:

Agreed Sylveon probably evolves via eating a special food in Pokemon-amie, probably candy related in reference to the legendary sweet tooth faerie folk tend to have. Perhaps there is some other sour candy or similar to evolve it into a second new Eeveelution (there has to be one, they ALWAYS come in pairs excepting the original three right?), probably Dragon-type if its weak to Sylveon or perhaps Steel-type if its strong one. Have they released the new type effectiveness charts anywhere yet? I remember bulbanews saying it'd be out soon but I haven't seen it yet.

Also Kris, I love your new sig quote for your Ice team. What is that from? I'm almost tempted to use something similar myself now, like "You think lightspeed is fast? Try the Dark. No matter how fast the light is, Darkness is always there first."

Mantichorus

"I've seen enough."
AKA
Kris; Mantichorus; Sam Vimes; Neku Sakuraba; Koki Kariya; Hazama; CuChulainn; Yu Narukami; Mewtwo; Rival Silver; Suicune; Kanata; Professor Oak; The Brigadier; VIII; The Engineer
Also Kris, I love your new sig quote for your Ice team. What is that from? I'm almost tempted to use something similar myself now, like "You think lightspeed is fast? Try the Dark. No matter how fast the light is, Darkness is always there first."
It's from Deep Blue Sea. Samuel L Jackson's character says it
shortly before dying
. I caught the film on TV a few months back, and thought it fit the idea of an Ice type Gym Leader quite well. I've just kept forgetting to use it until now.

Mantichorus

"I've seen enough."
AKA
Those don't sound like Pokédex descriptions, more like vaguely describing the Pokémon's appearance. :huh:

It's been revealed that Fire types resist Fairy type attacks (source unknown, but mentioned on Bulbapedia and TV Tropes). Also,
bmfostwcaaa4ayl-png-large-png.png

Gym Leader Devil

AKA
So many names
As if I needed more reason to pick Fennekin :wacky: Also... GO GHIDORAH! MURDER THE TINY FAIRY FOX!

Gym Leader Devil

AKA
So many names
Pokemon Direct broadcast tomorrow, cross your collective fingers for good news and maybe a frakin' type-chart.

Mantichorus

"I've seen enough."
AKA
Line up of announcements:

-Special X & Y themed 3DS XLs available before launch

-Pokémon Bank, which allows you to store Pokémon online, which also comes with a free app that allows you to transfer Gen V (Unova) Pokémon into the Pokémon Bank to then transfer into XY. Only drawback is it has an annual service charge. However! There will be a free trial period between Christmas and the end of January. Of course, I doubt anyone would make use of the trial period just to transfer their favourites over from Unova. :awesome:

-Oh yeah. Kanto starters all have Mega-Evolutions. No type changes, though.

EDIT
Just a rumour, as I've only found it mentioned on the link below, but
you may be able to choose a Kanto region starter at the beginning of XY!!!
http://www.vg247.com/2013/09/04/pok...art-mega-evolutions-confirmed/comment-page-1/

Gym Leader Devil

AKA
So many names
Confirmed, if Bulbapedia knows its shit. Apparently, you get your Kalos starter from one of the player character's friends, while Professor Sycamore gives you a Kanto starter. If I read the info right, anyway. Also, loving Mega Charizard and Mega Blastoise's designs and abilities.
Bulbapedia said:
The unevolved Kanto starter Pokémon will be given by Professor Sycamore at the start of the game after receiving the Kalos starter Pokémon from the player's friend.

They also spotted a thus-far unidentified new Pokemon: http://bulbanews.bulbagarden.net/wiki/New_Pokémon_spotted_in_Pokémon_Direct

Looks kinda like a poodle maybe?

Mantichorus

"I've seen enough."
AKA
Awesome. And, a brief bit of speculation: the coat colour, plus the colour of the claws looks rather familar
Absol pre-evo?

Mantichorus

"I've seen enough."
AKA
Found out that Pokémon Bank's annual fee is 500JPY, which was given as ~5USD. Not sure about that exchange rate myself, but if it's right, then I expect the UK cost will be 5GBP (even though 5USD is about 2-3GBP).

Had a random thought at work today that sent my brain into AJBDDBLBSDBNLAKSJBASKJSHHHHH. Pretty much a theory about the Origin anime rather than the games, but links into yesterday's announcements.

During the Origin anime trailer, we're treated to a shot at the end of Red and his Charizard circling each other before glowing, which ends the trailer. Pic here

Mega-Evolution in Kanto?! :O

Gym Leader Devil

AKA
So many names
$5 a year isn't too bad. Dunno if I'll keep it going full time, or just transfer my Pokemon from Gen V and call it good, but it sounds like an option at least now.

Mantichorus

"I've seen enough."
AKA
Hol-ee shit.

corocoro9139.jpg

corocoro9133.jpg

corocoro9134.jpg

corocoro9137.jpg

The previously seen white dog is called Torimian, it's a Normal type, and it's ability Fur Coat reduces physical damage.

More at Serebii: http://www.serebii.net/index2.shtml

Super Mario

IT'S A ME!
AKA
Jesse McCree. I feel like a New Man
Praise the gods, we got a Mega Garchomp and a T-Rex fossil. Now all we need is a Mega Dragonite and Mega Milotic to make this day won.

Gym Leader Devil

AKA
So many names
I fucking called it, new guy Torimian is a poodle. And some of those haircuts you can give it are so French the thing probably shits baguettes :awesome:

Love the T-rex, and the Sauropod looking one is cool too. Sorta bummed we didn't get prehistoric mammals as rumored though.

Garchomp was incredibly broken already, did it really need a Mega-form (or Tranceformation, as Kris and I have been calling them in private)? Also why does it suddenly have a lantern jaw of justice?

Mewtwo is totally Frieza :awesome:

And finally, while not mentioned directly in Kris' post it led Clicky to finding two other bits of news. The first evolutions of Chespin, Fennekin, and Froakie do not gain secondary types. Still some hope for a reverse triangle in the final form, but its looking shot so far. Probably be the first time since Gen II that all three starters remain single-types. And the Fairy-type's chart has finally been filled in some, showing us that Fairy resists Fighting/Bug/Dark, has total immunity to Dragon, is super-effective against Fighting/Dragon/Dark, ineffective against Steel/Poison/Fire, and takes super-effective damage from Steel/Poison. Further info might show up, but that looks like a full type-effectiveness chart to me.

Of course, that means Sableye and Spiritomb now have a weakness to exploit... and my chosen type went up to three weaknesses :doh: Ah well, we can take it.

Gym Leader Devil

AKA
So many names
Tyranitar would like to remind you that Pokemon started going kaiju back in Gen II (if not I).

Mantichorus

"I've seen enough."
AKA
And finally, while not mentioned directly in Kris' post it led Clicky to finding two other bits of news. The first evolutions of Chespin, Fennekin, and Froakie do not gain secondary types. Still some hope for a reverse triangle in the final form, but its looking shot so far. Probably be the first time since Gen II that all three starters remain single-types.
TBH, I had noted that but didn't feel it noteworthy. :awesome: Also, as an aside, I just read "Chespin, Fennekin" as "Crispin Freeman". :monster:

Some evolution stuff I found out via TV Tropes:
-Pancham evolves into Pangoro if there's a Dark type in the party.
-Inkay evolves into Malamar if it levels up while you hold the 3DS upside down (which would've been a real Guide Dang It moment).

Super Mario

IT'S A ME!
AKA
Jesse McCree. I feel like a New Man
How do we level the kid? Rare candy while upside down? or we do it manually while playing upside down???

Gym Leader Devil

AKA
So many names
I think during the battle when your Pokemon's experience bar is filling you just flip the 3DS over?

Gym Leader Devil

AKA
So many names
Double post because I just found the fully updated type chart for Gen VI thanks to TV tropes, where I saw this:

tvtropes said:
Nerf: The updated type chart has Steel lose its resistances against Ghost and Dark. This equals to Beldum and Bronzor lines (as well as Jirachi) gaining two new weaknesses. On the other hand, they get a resistance to and are Super-Effective against Fairy.

Hahaha, I can Crunch and Night Slash Metagross to decent effect now!

Top Bottom