New Pokemon Games:Pokemon X and Y is scheduled for the 3DS

Super Mario

IT'S A ME!
AKA
Jesse McCree. I feel like a New Man
Bastard Game Freak!!! Ahh well, I will be fine with the black charizard as he has the combo I seek. :monster:

Mantichorus

"I've seen enough."
AKA
Kris; Mantichorus; Sam Vimes; Neku Sakuraba; Koki Kariya; Hazama; CuChulainn; Yu Narukami; Mewtwo; Rival Silver; Suicune; Kanata; Professor Oak; The Brigadier; VIII; The Engineer
Bastard Game Freak!!! Ahh well, I will be fine with the black charizard as he has the combo I seek. :monster:
Only in the X version, unless you find someone with X happy to send it to you (assuming they're tradeable). :)

Fennekin's final evo is called Delphox, as in Oracle of Delphi. :awesome:

Chespin's final evo is called Chesnaught, and is Grass/Fighting.

Froakie's final evo is called Greninja, and has similar stats to Infernape, except greater speed. Oh, and Devil? It's typing is Water/Dark. Your move. :awesome:

Gym Leader Devil

True Master of the Dark-type (suck it Piers)
AKA
So many names
My move is still to take Fennekin, its tradition. Clicky is thinking really hard about getting Froakie, and even if she doesn't I can find someone willing to get me a Froakie egg eventually :awesome:

jazzflower92

Pro Adventurer
AKA
The Girl With A Strong Opinion
My move is still to take Fennekin, its tradition. Clicky is thinking really hard about getting Froakie, and even if she doesn't I can find someone willing to get me a Froakie egg eventually :awesome:

I am finally happy that we don't have a Fire/Fighting combination because it was becoming redundant. :joy:

Now say hoorah for a Fire/Psychic combination.

Super Mario

IT'S A ME!
AKA
I'm getting X, from what I understand I have access to a Kanto starter so I will take Charmander ( my signature starter ). Once I have Kalos starter I will seek Chespin because I see that taking grass types is like selecting 'Easy' in Pokemon. I will somehow find a way to hack into X's matrix to get my Milotic and Dratini again and work my way to get that badass T-Rex pokemon. I can mega evolve Black MegaCharizard to have my fire/dragon incase Gamefreak gays out and doesn't give my Mega Dragonite. x(

Gym Leader Devil

AKA
So many names
Yeah, Sycamore apparently gives out the Kanto starter right after the first or second Gym, so it'll be way early in the game. If it evolves the way those leaks claim it will, Chespin's final form just might kick all kinds of ass. And if you can connect to Wi-Fi and trade that way, I can get you a Milotic and Dragonite, or at least their eggs/Feebas/Dratini. So that'd have the makings of a good team right there.

I'm torn on what to add to my team beyond Fennekin over here. I have a pattern my teams tend to follow, going: Fire-starter, Flying-type, Electric-type, Water-type, Ice or Grass-type, local pseudo-legendary. I have not a clue what is available in Kalos for most of those categories beyond a couple of Water-types and such. And as much as I feel relief that Fennekin will get a different type-combo from the last three Fire-starters, it means I'll lack Fighting on the team unless I take steps to get one. I could go with Pangoro for that, but then which of my normal member types do I replace for it?

Choices are hard.

Super Mario

IT'S A ME!
AKA
I may get a DS for this purpose after the laptop, since there wont be ROMS for me to explore Kalos and get my Battle Couple in. I hope they can let me bring them in early without having to beat the Elite Four. There's plenty of Dragons to get but I have to find a counter for the god damned fairies. Do we know their weakness yet so I can adjust for inflation?

I never get water mons anymore cos of Milotic and Dragonite is my powerhouse but with the dawn of the fairies, I need to diversify my team and eventually replace Chespin with a Dragon-like mon who does grass moves or to be flexible, keep Chespin. I also get the best bird in the starting region to evolve her to Sky Angel like I did with Swellow. Any cool birds?

Gym Leader Devil

AKA
So many names
The Pokemon Bank for moving Pokemon up from Gen V to Gen VI won't even be released until a fair bit after most of us will have beaten the E4... and transfers like that are usually pose-E4 anyway so :monster:

And yeah, Fairy-types are officially weak to Steel and Poison, both of which also resist them as does Fire. For its offenses, Fairy is super-effective against Dragons (to which they are IMMUNE), Dark (damn it), and Fighting.

And lending some credibility to those leaks we've been hearing about, TVTropes' Trivia page for X and Y had this to say:

TVTropes said:
Screwed by the Lawyers: X and Y was released early in Italy and Canada which resulted in leaks that caused Nintendo to crack down hard on the leakers and the stores that broke street date on the games.

Super Mario

IT'S A ME!
AKA
I will have to delay my purchase until it is possible to do such a thing then. I will be patient.

Can fire also burn these accursed types? I swear by the gods if there is a fairy gym I will kill myself. They are the greatest threat to my team and I need to crack out Clark the Steelix, Wesker the Seviper and Chantelle the Charizard to counter these bastards ; . ;

Super Mario

IT'S A ME!
AKA
Excellent, this gives finally proper incentive to have Poison in the team! :D!!!!! I shall brew up the counter as such!

Gym Leader Devil

AKA
So many names
Why did you need any more incentive to add Poison to the team? Sure, they were kinda meh offensively before Fairy, but they were among the best defensive types in the game. Toxic + Black Sludge to stall out tough opponents and such. And its certainly a good type on Skuntank, put it together with Dark and you get a Pokemon that was only weak to Ground and remains so even with the advent of the Fairy-type.

Poison-types need more love.

Super Mario

IT'S A ME!
AKA
Wesker triumphed hard in Hoenn but was easily felled after the 5th or 6th badge! All my poison team I added to replace him afterwards were not as good as he was and the journey was hard so I vowed not to add poison to my team after he fell. I never bothered using Skunktank or dark types until Krookodile :monster: And I rarely go defense, I play PURE OFFENSE! :D

Gym Leader Devil

AKA
So many names
Skuntank is awesome, and I happily recommend it to everyone. As are most other Dark-types. Sharpedo, Shiftry, Umbreon, etc. The only Dark-type I cannot in good conscience recommend is Liepard, and even it at least looks cool.

Super Mario

IT'S A ME!
AKA
I got rid of Liepard hard after I found no use for it. The others are tremendously advantageous in many aspects and I really found it hard to defeat Skuntank. The monster is so beefy if not targetted for weakness. But alas!! REG THE DRAGONITE CAN SMACK HIM DOWN!!! :monster:

Mantichorus

"I've seen enough."
AKA
Kris; Mantichorus; Sam Vimes; Neku Sakuraba; Koki Kariya; Hazama; CuChulainn; Yu Narukami; Mewtwo; Rival Silver; Suicune; Kanata; Professor Oak; The Brigadier; VIII; The Engineer
I'm torn on what to add to my team beyond Fennekin over here.
Somewhat in a similar situation. My current thoughts for my team are (lowest evo level) Fennekin, Charmander, Litleo, and Amaura. I'll eventually add Mewtwo, and when I can trade Pokémon across, I'll add Riolu and Absol (possibly trading out Litleo). I'll probably add a Dark type (and possibly Fairy) based on what I can get, but I expect Litleo will have some Bite attacks.

I have a pattern my teams tend to follow, going: Fire-starter, Flying-type, Electric-type, Water-type, Ice or Grass-type, local pseudo-legendary. I have not a clue what is available in Kalos for most of those categories beyond a couple of Water-types and such. And as much as I feel relief that Fennekin will get a different type-combo from the last three Fire-starters, it means I'll lack Fighting on the team unless I take steps to get one. I could go with Pangoro for that, but then which of my normal member types do I replace for it?

Choices are hard.
It's been taken down from TV Tropes, but a few days ago there was mention of a Fighting/Flying type, which might fill out your team there (also counters Flying's weakness to Ice). Might be a late game 'mon, though.

Gym Leader Devil

AKA
So many names
Some weird stuff coming out from those leaks now, there appears to be a new Dragon-type called Goomy which is... a sort of amorphous blob? Also a keychain Pokemon called Klefki, who knows what the hell it is. And Aerodactyl seems to have an awesome looking Mega-Evolution.

Edit: Also a family of barnacle Pokemon apparently named Binacle and Barbacle that have some weird ass designs.

Last edited:

Gym Leader Devil

AKA
So many names
Holy shit guys. Malamar learns Superpower! A Contrary Pokemon with freaking Superpower! Lemme just spell out what that means for people who don't speak pokenerd...

Superpower: The user attacks the target with great power. However, it also lowers raises the user's Attack and Defense.

Kermitu Kleric Katie

KULT OF KERMITU
I just found out Dunsparce is confirmed to be in the Kalos dex at #40. Yay! Not only will I be able to catch it before beating the E4, I'll probably be able to do it somewhat early-on if it's that low down in the dex.

Gym Leader Devil

AKA
So many names
*ahem*

2vb0ehv.jpg

Y exclusive, bitches :neo:

Mantichorus

"I've seen enough."
AKA

Super Mario

IT'S A ME!
AKA
Argh this is going to be displeasing... No Dragonite Mega form for me Y___Y I will settle for my T-Rex Dragon Mon <3

Gym Leader Devil

AKA
So many names
Ahem ahem. Houndour is X exclusive, yes. As you mentioned, Houndoomite is exclusive to Y :awesome: And I already own a level 100 Houndoom. So no u.

Last edited:
Top Bottom