New year, New LTD thread. (Round 5)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zee

wangxian married
AKA
Zee
If you're talking about what needs discussing, there wouldn't be a whole lot. It's a matter of want. If someone wants to talk about lovecrap of the Compilation, why shouldn't they be able to? If you don't want to talk about or see why anyone else would, why not just avoid it?

i've been in these threads for ages and i have nothing against discussing the ltd, but obvs it's getting a little tired when shit like this:

Plus we've discussed many times if Aerith loves Zack or Cloud, and if certain books and what not support Clerith or Cloti... neither of those discussions belong in fan clubs.

it constantly brought up despite being debated into exhaustion in the previous threads

i suppose it baffles me the logic of restarting the thread so soon when there's pretty much nothing to discuss and the op did not even provide a new or unique spin on what's been talked about

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
Sonique, Quexinos, Pinkie Pie, Derpy Hooves
I didn't come on to insult it, nor do I believe Quexinos came on for the sole purpose of insulting Omega. If someone wants to direct a similar comment towards them, then yeah maybe the 'bad blood' can move elsewhere. Regardless, Quexionos' personal insult was posted in here, so why shouldn't the reply?
I insulted Omega because I was bored and I felt he was trying to insult Ryu first. Or at least tried to make Ryu look bad.

also:
THE GAME IS 13 YEARS OLD. WHY DISCUSS ANYTHING? Because we want to. Maybe we just enjoy talking about the game. Honestly...this thread wouldn't be a big deal if people didn't come in and make it a big deal.

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
Zee let me ask you something... you seem so against us discussing stuff in here, yet when the last LTD was closed, not a day later you were on CxA posting about the "Do you love me?" scene from CoT even making statements like "I get what the Clotis are saying about that scene but I think it's too soon for their relationship to be going bad." or somethin to that effect...

That scene is something that has also been discussed to death. So is it really us discussing the LTD that bothers you, or something else? Because apparently you're okay discussing LTD related stuff on CxA with FFG and Anastar... but not here. So what's really the problem here?

Last edited:

Sheva Alomar

I'm Alive and on Fire
AKA
Adri, Sir Integra, Fiona, Sango
How'd you like it if a handful of us came into the Dessie's thread and constantly tried to close it down? We don't go in there and say:
"This is a really boring RP. This should be closed down because I don't see the point in it. It doesn't matter if you enjoy it, I want it closed now because it's stupid."

Just going to make a clear point here that there is a stark difference between an LTD discussion that should have died out a few years back (AT LEAST) and an RP that is active and very productive in a number of aspects and continuing on well into the indefinite future for both story and side projects. With NEW material, I might add. Not just an ever-cycling rant and debate of the same material within a definitive timeline.

That's all I have to say.

Zee

wangxian married
AKA
Zee
Zee let me ask you something... you seem so against us discussing stuff in here, yet when the last LTD was closed, not a day later you were on CxA posting about the "Do you love me?" scene from CoT. Something that has also been discussed to death. So is it really us discussing the LTD that bothers you, or something else? Because apparently you're okay discussing LTD related stuff on CxA with FFG and Anastar... but not here. So what's really the problem here?

i'm barely active at cxa for the same reasons actually, and i only post if i feel like i have the opportunity to offer my own spin or opinion on things, or if i feel like i can offer a pov that hasn't been discussed before

and really, casually discussing stuff at cxa once in a blue moon isn't the same as having this endless debate

Celes Chere

Banned
AKA
Noctis
Thank you but, I know the difference between an RP and an LTD. =)

You missed my point entirely. My point is that if you like something and there is a thread for it, you should be allowed to post in it without people insulting your intelligence and saying how much it should be closed down. I was wondering how Cess would feel if I posted in a thread he liked (I was using an example of what he liked), and said the same thing. It was just an example, not a stab at your RP.

Tifabelle

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Tifabelle, Nathan Drake, Locke Cole, Kain Highwind, Yamcha, Arya Stark
and really, casually discussing stuff at cxa once in a blue moon isn't the same as having this endless debate

So again. Your problem is with the word "debate". You are opposed to the discussion going on in a debate thread? I think I will ask Ryu to change this to the Love Triangle Discussion thread. Maybe people won't be so offended by it.

Last edited:

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
i'm barely active at cxa for the same reasons actually, and i only post if i feel like i have the opportunity to offer my own spin or opinion on things, or if i feel like i can offer a pov that hasn't been discussed before
I didn't see you offer anything new, I just saw you agreeing with two other Cleriths but okay...

So what you're saying is, talking about the love triangle is okay once in a while, but not all the time? How do you feel about people at other forums who posted every day about LTD stuff? The same way? Or is it just us?

Joe

I KEEP MY IDEALS
AKA
Joe, Arcana

You missed my point entirely. My point is that if you like something and there is a thread for it, you should be allowed to post in it without people insulting your intelligence and saying how much it should be closed down. I was wondering how Cess would feel if I posted in a thread he liked (I was using an example of what he liked), and said the same thing. It was just an example, not a stab at your RP.
Said the same thing as what though?

I sure as hell don't remember claiming this thread should be closed. In fact I believe quite the opposite.

Tir McDohl

rune bearer
AKA
Yula
So no one would care if people talked about the same things they do here if they were in a fan club? It's just because it's titled "LTDebate"?

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
That's another thing I don't get. Why is it so wrong to post it here but posting it in Faith would be fine?

Celes Chere

Banned
AKA
Noctis
Said the same thing as what though?

I sure as hell don't remember claiming this thread should be closed. In fact I believe quite the opposite.

Oh, I know I misunderstood your intent, but that's what I was trying to do with my post. Now I think that post is more directed to not just one person, but anyone who thinks the thread should be closed. Just think of a thread you like, and imagine if people insulted it and how you'd feel.

I'm a firm believer in haters gonna hate, but when it's constant in this thread? It really gets annoying. And again, not directed to you, just anyone who feels this thread should be closed down and felt like insulting the intelligence levels of the thread... and before you insult the intelligence of this thread remember:

you post here too

Sheva Alomar

I'm Alive and on Fire
AKA

I wasn't explaining the difference between generic RP and generic LTD. A generic RP is usually a piece of shit thrown together by a bunch of bored souls and ends abruptly at some point not too far from its start. A generic LTD is current from a show or film that aired maybe just short of a year ago and is still fresh is people's minds. Anyway.

I grasped what you were getting at, but at the same time, the two have ABSOLUTELY nothing to do with each other. Especially when one "likes" a particular pairing or some film/show and someone else LOVES an interactive media of story-telling that he is PERSONALLY involved with on a level of dedication that I somehow doubt you are familiar with.

And let's all be honest here, you don't like the RP in the first place. Taking a stab or not, you still enjoyed using Destrillians as your example of a thread you theoretically (when in reality, literally) want closed.

Tir McDohl

rune bearer
AKA
Yula
I don't care where I post, but it would suck to have to jump back and forth to different clubs depending on whether it was off-topic there or not.

And let's all be honest here, you don't like the RP in the first place. Taking a stab or not, you still enjoyed using Destrillians as your example of a thread you theoretically (when in reality, literally) want closed.

I thought she said she just used it as an example of something Cesspool liked to try to get her point across.

Last edited:

Zee

wangxian married
AKA
Zee
So what you're saying is, talking about the love triangle is okay once in a while, but not all the time?

i'm really don't care how often you talk about it

but even before me & the others came in complaining about it this topic was barely staying afloat

i'm just pointing out the logic in maybe waiting when there's new info to discuss before popping open a new thread

but i mean

what ever

Celes Chere

Banned
AKA
Noctis
PERSONALLY involved with on a level of dedication that I somehow doubt you are familiar with.

Lol... okay.

you still enjoyed using Destrillians as your example of a thread you theoretically (when in reality, literally) want closed.

Yeah, okay hun, you go ahead and believe whatever you want about me. You know nothing about me, so when you assume things it really gives me a giggle. I have no problem with people RPing, liking the RP, you guys are having fun and I really don't mind. I was using an example of what Cess likes to post in, I don't really know that much about him but I DO see him posting a lot about Dessies so I used that as an example. =/

Tifabelle

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Tifabelle, Nathan Drake, Locke Cole, Kain Highwind, Yamcha, Arya Stark

Whoa. I don't think what she said had anything to do with liking or not liking your RP. She was making a point. And picked a thread that some people frequent and others don't.

In any event, it's ironic that you feel the RP thread has more legitamacy being on an FF7 forum than a thread discussing FF7.

but even before me & the others came in complaining about it this topic was barely staying afloat

THEN IF YOU STAYED OUT IT WOULD DIE ON ITS OWN. Isn't that what you want? Think about what you're saying here. You're taking credit for keeping a thread alive that you don't want alive.

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
Zee said:
i'm really don't care how often you talk about it

Zee said:
Maybe I missed your point here but it seems you were saying that discussing it once in a while is okay but not if you do it endlessly. At least I'm not taking debate to mean an actual debate here because you've said many times before that there's no debate going on in here and that seems to be your main concern... or maybe not...

So can you please clarify what your concern is?

Sheva Alomar

I'm Alive and on Fire
AKA
Yeah, okay hun, you go ahead and believe whatever you want about me. You know nothing about me, so when you assume things it really gives me a giggle. I have no problem with people RPing, liking the RP, you guys are having fun and I really don't mind. I was using and example of what Cess likes to post in, I don't really know that much about him but I DO see him posting a lot about Dessies so I used that as an example. =/

I am personally glad that I offer you amusement.

On that note, I'll let you all get back to your infinite squabbles of this LTD.

Sheva Alomar

I'm Alive and on Fire
AKA
As a small sidenote on my leave:

Whoa. I don't think what she said had anything to do with liking or not liking your RP. She was making a point. And picked a thread that some people frequent and others don't.

In any event, it's ironic that you feel the RP thread has more legitamacy being on an FF7 forum than a thread discussing FF7.

Again, you don't know some history of TLS.

I never addressed the fact that it is on a Final Fantasy VII forum. I was just addressing the basic contrasts of the two in a horrible comparison that Tiff made of the two threads in general.

Joe

I KEEP MY IDEALS
AKA
Joe, Arcana
I need to go to sleep. If anybody wants to genuinely discuss anything further with me then send a PM or user message or something, I'm happy to talk with anyone. I don't have a problem with the LTD and it's clear that some people have misunderstood that.

Zee

wangxian married
AKA
Zee
THEN IF YOU STAYED OUT IT WOULD DIE ON ITS OWN. Isn't that what you want?

no, i want it to be unshitty is all

this thread started taking itself waaay too seriously all of a sudden my god

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom