New year, New LTD thread. (Round 5)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alessa Gillespie

a letter to my future self
AKA
Sansa Stark, Sweet Bro, Feferi, tentacleTherapist, Nin, Aki, Catwoman, Shinjiro Aragaki, Terezi, Princess Bubblegum
It does seem like a lot of work. I don't know how you people do it.
>vendel implying he is not a shipper
>a few pages after implying watching cloti is like sex to him

CherylLaugh.gif

i so called this last night with winter

Last edited:

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
Sonique, Quexinos, Pinkie Pie, Derpy Hooves
A while back I was talking about re:Coded and how some Cleriths were saying a line in there was Clerith but that Square screwed up the translation. Supposedly an unofficial translation read that Cloud said

Cloud walks in from the door you just entered through. He stops in front of
Sora, holding out his sword.

Cloud:
...Sorry. I need to fight to you. There is someone I have to protect... so let me test that power.

Where as the official translation said:

Cloud: Are you the hero Hercules?
Sora and Hercules look ready to fight
Sora: Who are you?
Cloud: To you...a problem. Show me you've got a good reason to fight...and we'll see how it stacks up against mine.

Well Hito sent me the text from coded. I don't know if it's the same in re:Coded or not but:

クラウド:
…悪いが、勝負してもらう。
・
何かを守るために戦う、あんたの力…
・
試させてくれ。

This is the line in question:

何かを守るために戦う、あんたの力…

何か = something
を = indicates direct object.
守る = to protect
ために - for the sake of
に = indirect object
戦う = to fight

So something is the indirect object and protect is the verb that follows. "Something" is being protected. To fight is the verb, and "For the sake of" is the indirect object. So "To fight for the sake of" "to fight for the sake of protecting something."

Second part:

あんた = you
の = possessive
力 = force or strength

Possessive you becomes "your" and then, force or strength. "Your strength"

"Your strength, [which you use] to fight for the sake of protecting something."

Again I'm not sure if this is the same in re:Coded, but if it is it sounds like the official translation is still correct. Not sure if it's different or not in reCoded though.

Last edited:

Ryushikaze

Deus Admiral Parsimonious, PHD, DDS, MD, JD, OBE
AKA
Tim, Ryu
I could have used some of that vagueness and smartassness at the Honeybee Inn.

There's vague smartassery in the HBI. We don't know how many people ran a train on Cloud's unconscious body, after all.

Maybe I need context: Why would this be officially Clerith? All things considered both Tifa and Aerith are in Kingdom Hearts.

It would officially be Clerith because shut up that's why.

No, seriously, there's no indication of who or what the someone would apply to, and the argument for it being Aerith boils down to the odd assertion that Tifa didn't exist in KH at the time period recreated.
Nevermind that the events as depicted in RC and as they occurred are not 1:1 and that RC takes place post KH2, and that not appearing in KH1 doesn't mean you don't exist, and, well, the argument started silly and just gets sillier.

In any case, Cloud says nothing about a 'someone' so it's a moot point anyways.

Gym Leader Devil

True Master of the Dark-type (suck it Piers)
AKA
So many names
So guys, I been talking to some folks about the LTD, and I made the mistake of trying to wrap my head around a Clerith argument. I know, smarter people than I have tried and failed to find logic in such affairs, but curiosity is my weak point.

Anyway, my question relates to this nonsense about how Cloti can't be true because Barret is in the family. I've already seen posts reminding everyone that no, he'd kinda not as the Compilation shows no sign of him returning from his journey by the time of DoC. Presumably he is still out looking for more oil fields and such. Fine. But let's say, hypothetically, that he did return and took to living at Seventh Heaven and such. Let's say he took an active day-to-day role in raising the kids and being part of the family. So what? How would this really be anti-Cloti in the slightest? Would his living there change Clooud and Tifa's relationship at all? Would he not have his own room, and at worst complain at Cloud in private to keep it down when he boinks Tifa at night? Again, I know looking for logic in this argument is like searching for a way to walk to the moon, but help me out if you can guys.

Vendel

Banned
Anyway, my question relates to this nonsense about how Cloti can't be true because Barret is in the family. .

Well first off you have to separate why people are arguing. You have the majority of the people here, who just have disagreements about the roll Barret plays in the family dynamics. Barret returning to 7th Heaven would not change the C/T relationship to these people.

Then you have the people you are most likely talking about. Who see Barret's inclusion as one more thing to diminish the C/T relationship. You see it was Barret's idea to start the family. Thus he is the head of it. Also Tifa sees Cloud as just a big kid anyways. And the family is just made up of friends. So because Barret is there and Cloud is more like Tifa's son then Cloud can't be the father figure of the 7th Heaven family. Thus he and Tifa are not a couple. It's more like Barret/Tifa running the household.

So yeah....

All that aside I do find it funny that Barret leaving on a journey to find his purpose in life (or whatever) is what the Celriths thought Cloud would do. When that didn't happen they then try to insert Barret as the head of the household, while saying Cloud is never there.

Gym Leader Devil

True Master of the Dark-type (suck it Piers)
AKA
So many names
Thanks man. It still makes no sense, but at least you've confirmed this for me.

Well, that's enough on topic discussion in the LTD for one day, so...
qp45tu.jpg

Eerie

Fire and Blood
Case of Barre said:
After helping Tifa and Cloud build their home, Barret entrusted his best friend Dyne's orphaned daughter Marlene to the two of them and embarked on a journey
From XComp

Yeah see, liek, ttly orz :monster:

Case of Barret said:
The two quickly filled each other in on recent events.

"I left Marlene with Tifa. Since she's taken to her and all."

"Good for you. Whole world's clappin' you on the back. So Cloud's with Tifa?"

"Yeah. Tifa opened a bar, just like the old days. Cloud was helpin' out, but it sounds like he's got his own business keepin' him tied up now. A delivery service."

"Cloud? Run a business?"

"You can bet it's Tifa kickin' his ass into shape."

"I see. In the end, it's the women wear the pants."

From XComp

Both Cid and Barret are so wrong, OMG, seeing Cloud and Tifa as lovers or something :monster:

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
Sonique, Quexinos, Pinkie Pie, Derpy Hooves
Tbh I hear the Cleriths saying the same thing, "Why do Clotis want Barret in the family so bad? It's not like it has any bearing on Cloud and Tifa's relationship."

In regards to the family issue, what needs to happen is people need to ask "Why?" Why was it so important to shove Barret aside, make him leave Marlene with Cloud and Tifa, and have Cloud bring home Denzel and have those 4 living together?

Go on, someone take a stab at it :awesome:
(an no it's not CAUSE CLOUD X TIFA ARE CANONZ LOL!")

Last edited:

Roger

He/him
AKA
Minato

That's so wrong coming from Cid of all people. Do you not remember how you've treated your loved one for the past four years?

Alessa Gillespie

a letter to my future self
AKA
Sansa Stark, Sweet Bro, Feferi, tentacleTherapist, Nin, Aki, Catwoman, Shinjiro Aragaki, Terezi, Princess Bubblegum
I am more miffed by the atrocious syntax of that sentence, actually.

IT'S "THAT WEAR THE PANTS", DAMMIT!!!!!
Actually, I think the entirely proper way to say it would be 'the woman that wears the pants'.

Ryushikaze

Deus Admiral Parsimonious, PHD, DDS, MD, JD, OBE
AKA
Tim, Ryu
Actually, I think the entirely proper way to say it would be 'the woman that wears the pants'.

The saying refers to women in the plural, though, so it's correct to omit the S.
My version, for the record, includes the necessary that.

Vendel

Banned

That's so wrong coming from Cid of all people. Do you not remember how you've treated your loved one for the past four years?

One can infer from this line that since FFVII Cid does as he is told. :awesome:

"Would you like to sit down and drink your GODDAMN tea dear?"

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom