New year, New LTD thread. (Round 5)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryushikaze

Deus Admiral Parsimonious, PHD, DDS, MD, JD, OBE
AKA
Tim, Ryu
Potions? These cans? http://img201.imageshack.us/i/ff7gallery2yd7.jpg/
The above is the official arrangement as placed in the 10th anni gallery. No Cloud/Aeris.
Not that it isn't a shitty argument to begin with. The cans have individual characters on them, they aren't an indication of anything.

IIRC, what 'indicated' to the CxA crowd was a photo of the cans in a convenience store where one of the Cloud cans was next to one of the Aerith cans. Or something stupid like that. All I really remember was that the same logic was very quickly used to hoist 'Potion proofers' by their own petard when the 'official arrangement' was shown.
And prove Sepherith too.

Elisa Maza

Whomst

If these count as "proof", it's no wonder why the LTD has gone on for so long, while the LT was resolved back in 1997...

Alessa Gillespie

a letter to my future self
AKA
Sansa Stark, Sweet Bro, Feferi, tentacleTherapist, Nin, Aki, Catwoman, Shinjiro Aragaki, Terezi, Princess Bubblegum
People who i leik to ship with Tifa:
Vincent
Cid
Rude
Terra Branford
Celes Chere
Princess Garnet
Balthier
Auron
Laguna Loire

Actually TifaxLaguna (heretofore named Tiguna) is totally canon and that was actually how Squall was made: Raine did not actually die, she was a transportmentalized Tifa who was simply summoned back to FF7 universe.

i think i just almost motivated myself into beating that horrid game

Celes Chere

Banned
AKA
Noctis
Actually TifaxLaguna (heretofore named Tiguna) is totally canon and that was actually how Squall was made: Raine did not actually die, she was a transportmentalized Tifa who was simply summoned back to FF7 universe.

i think i just almost motivated myself into beating that horrid game

I LOVE YOU AKI, THIS MAKES PERFECT SENSE. ♥

Elisa Maza

Whomst
ZackxTifa and end of story, kthxb. :headbang::offended:

Also, we are extremely off topic, but it's not like this thread actually serves a purpose...

Eerie

Fire and Blood
Yuffie/Barret/Marlene? Nanaki/Cait/Vincent? Cloud/Rufus/Reno/Rude...? And if we "read the cans" up and down, too...

SE <-- This guy are sick.
I know right? It's almost as if pairings and thus the LTD had nothing to do with it :/

Tifabelle

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Tifabelle, Nathan Drake, Locke Cole, Kain Highwind, Yamcha, Arya Stark
People who i leik to ship with Tifa:
Vincent
Cid
Rude
Terra Branford
Celes Chere
Princess Garnet
Balthier
Auron
Laguna Loire

I LOVE YOU AKI, THIS MAKES PERFECT SENSE. &#9829;

ZackxTifa and end of story, kthxb. :headbang::offended:

:sigh: I hate you guys.

BalthierxTifa! There's way too much sexy in this pairing. *headasplode*

Also, we are extremely off topic
Fine, if you insist. Cloud loves his motorcycle and goes out into the flower fields to have sex with it.

Tifabelle

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Accept Tiguna into your heart. :awesome:

StubbornNo.jpg

lol. Also it's weird cause they look like they could be related. That just adds to the creepy factor.

I refuse to attempt to understand Tifa as Squall's mommy. Also, I'm still trying to figure out how young Laguna meets older Squall. It's like a grandfather paradox.

But enough about Dissidia. CLOTI IS CANON.

DrakeClawfang

The Wanderer of Time
Once Dissidia 012 comes out and/or I play FF13, I'm considering shifting from Clerrifa to Clighterra. That's the true LTD.

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
Sonique, Quexinos, Pinkie Pie, Derpy Hooves
The 'Coke Ads' were a Coke bag with Cloud, Squall, Rinoa and Aerith on it.
I think I've seen those... okay I assumed it was more than that XD
The Potions- wasn't their argument supposed to be something about how the cans were positioned? And wasn't it shown that the cans were arranged with Tifa next to Cloud too? I forget.
good times, good times.
The commercial is A: A commercial, B: is wrong about other things like the 'hate that always was', and even if it wasn't C: A love that could never be DOESN'T HELP THEIR POSITION. IT MEANS IT DIDN'T HAPPEN.
A love that can never be means they love each other but can't be together for some reason or another, not that it didn't happen. . well.. uhm... the argument is that the love can't happen like a normal relationship but can happen some other way. Like how some people think Romeo and Juliet are together in death now... and theirs was a love that could never be.

FFVII International discs had Cloud, Sephiroth, and Aerith on the first three discs. The C/A argument for this is that she's on there as the love interest, which I find rather insulting, since it ignores her role as, y'know, an icon of the game for the more obvious reason.
Yeah to me Aerith is the main heroin, so putting her with Cloud on merchandise doesn't mean a whole lot.

Plus, you can also use this to argu Clephiroth.
:joy:

The collection soundtrack uses an Old Amano art of Cloud and Aerith sitting back to back. And it's pretty art. But it's not romantic except under the standard 'Amano art pairings = Canon' canard.
I don't get why this is still going on since Amano said his artwork has no bearing on the story :sigh:

'will keep unravelling' since that implies a more continual process than a sudden future act.
Okay maybe I'll change it.

Wait, you include Dismantled, but want to discount Memorial Album because of 'incorrect information?' Even though Dismantled has also been made 'incorrect' in several places due to later released materials?
By incorrect I mean stuff like... it has Aerith's name spelled wrong, Lifestream is spelled wrong and several other english words are spelled wrong. I'd think that kind of stuff makes it not so reliable.

That's silly.
Ryu it's me :monster:

As is calling Dismantled 'Clerithy' because it really rather isn't. Cloud noting Aerith is special doesn't tell us much when everyone notices she's special. Cloud being sad about her death tells us nothing because well, we knew that already, AND everyone was sad about her death.
When Cloud's reaction to Aerith are just the same as Tifa's, then either Aeti is valid or it's not really Clerith. And Aerith's quote- be it honest comment or self affirmation as I still read it- does not mean a lick of anything because it says Cloud is utterly clueless.
Be that as it may a LOT of Cloud's monologues focus on Aerith. His profile as well doesn't mention Tifa at all. Idk, seems more Clerithy to me.

Last edited:

Tifabelle

Pro Adventurer
AKA
I don't get why this is still going on since Amano said his artwork has no bearing on the story :sigh:

Amano doesn't know what he's talking about! And he's a liar! And he keeps changing his mind!

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
We should beat him up and take his lunch money :rage:..

wait what are we doing?

-----

Her complicated feelings for Cloud that exceeded childhood friendship will keep unraveling the internal trauma Cloud possesses. That was also a journey into her own past...

I dunno that doesn't sound right now. It's obviously talking about the lifestream event but the keep unraveling part sounds weird now.

&#12463;&#12521;&#12454;&#12489;&#12408;&#12398;&#24188;&#12394;&#12376;&#12415;&#12434;&#36229;&#12360;&#12383;&#35079;&#38609;&#12394;&#24819;&#12356;&#12399;&#12289; &#12463;&#12521;&#12454;&#12489;&#12398;&#25345;&#12388;&#20869;&#38754;&#30340;&#12394;&#12488;&#12521;&#12454;&#12510;&#12434;&#35299;&#12365;&#12411;&#12368;&#12375;&#12390;&#12356;&#12367;&#8230;&#12290; &#12381;&#12428;&#12399;&#12289; &#24444;&#22899;&#33258;&#36523;&#12398;&#36942;&#21435;&#12408;&#12398;&#26053;&#12391;&#12418;&#12354;&#12387;&#12383;&#8230;
Is that last part right?

Last edited:

Eerie

Fire and Blood
Quex said:
By incorrect I mean stuff like... it has Aerith's name spelled wrong, Lifestream is spelled wrong and several other english words are spelled wrong. I'd think that kind of stuff makes it not so reliable.

In the official French version, Cloud is named Clad.

Enjoy. XD

And yeah, that's not the only spelling mistake made.

Zee

wangxian married
AKA
Zee
By incorrect I mean stuff like... it has Aerith's name spelled wrong

proper pronunciation > the spelling imo

People always say it's a misspelling but I always thought it was deliberate on the translator's part since English speaking audiences wouldn't get that you spell it with 'th' but pronounce it as an 's' sound.

I had to suffer through this crap with the Utena dub. It's pronounced Anshii goddammit.

Alessa Gillespie

a letter to my future self
AKA
Sansa Stark, Sweet Bro, Feferi, tentacleTherapist, Nin, Aki, Catwoman, Shinjiro Aragaki, Terezi, Princess Bubblegum

People always say it's a misspelling but I always thought it was deliberate on the translator's part since English speaking audiences wouldn't get that you spell it with 'th' but pronounce it as an 's' sound.

I had to suffer through this crap with the Utena dub. It's pronounced Anshii goddammit.
eh, idk

it's like pronouncing ed as eddo or al as aru. it gets to a point of someone just anally pronouncing things leik they wish they were japanese, even when the original artist has decided on spelling and shit

Zee

wangxian married
AKA
Zee
i think it varies case by case

also

i'm a shallow person and I think Aeris sounds nice and Aerith sounds like a noise a pirate would make

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
Except they spelled it Earith :monster:

EDIT
also Lifestream is Rifestream and Nibelheim is Nibelherm.

EDIT 2:

Look what it shows doing "hate"... I guess Cloud hated Aerith all along, tru fax :awesome:
(sorry, just thought it was funny.)

Last edited:

Ryushikaze

Deus Admiral Parsimonious, PHD, DDS, MD, JD, OBE
AKA
Tim, Ryu
I think I've seen those... okay I assumed it was more than that XD

That's all I've ever seen.

A love that can never be means they love each other but can't be together for some reason or another, not that it didn't happen.

If a thing can never be it CAN NEVER BE. Things that can never be do not happen. QED.

well.. uhm... the argument is that the love can't happen like a normal relationship but can happen some other way.

Could never be does not mean 'Couldn't be in a normal way, but in this way we made up,' it means could never be. This isn't just special pleading, it's fucking denial.

Like how some people think Romeo and Juliet are together in death now... and theirs was a love that could never be.

Wait, what? Not a one part of that is correct, nor a good way to look at the TRAGEDY of the play. I know its gets called that a lot, but there's was a love that WAS. They CONSUMMATED it for crying out loud.

Yeah to me Aerith is the main heroin, so putting her with Cloud on merchandise doesn't mean a whole lot.

Quex, seek medical help. Dead video game characters are not meant to be injected.
And she was on her own disc. So was Sephiroth.

Okay maybe I'll change it.

A few mispelt Engrish words in a JP only product make you think it's unreliable?
Yeah, no. That's stupid. Japanese products with English in them are pretty apathetic about their English. In short, they didn't care about English because to them, it's just decoration to them, not content. The closest to an exception we've gotten from SE is Reunion Files.

Ryu it's me :monster:

What's your point?

Be that as it may a LOT of Cloud's monologues focus on Aerith. His profile as well doesn't mention Tifa at all. Idk, seems more Clerithy to me.

Only because your standard has been set so low as to throw bones to the idea of Clerith. A standard so low it gives Aeti proofs too.

I dunno that doesn't sound right now. It's obviously talking about the lifestream event but the keep unraveling part sounds weird now.

Will continue, then.

Except you don't pronounce it with an 's' sound unless your language doesn't normally have the 'th' sound. Unless Sephiros.

And the American Samu Sumisu is totally Samu Sumisu and not Sam Smith.

eh, idk

it's like pronouncing ed as eddo or al as aru. it gets to a point of someone just anally pronouncing things leik they wish they were japanese, even when the original artist has decided on spelling and shit

I'm reminded of a Kerfluffle that arose because someone got up in arms for calling Hellsing's Alucard Alucard and not Arucard. Sometimes, Japanese is a limited language. Sometimes, the way it renders names isn't always correct, especially when it is used in media depicting non Japanese people with non Japanese names.

i think it varies case by case

also

i'm a shallow person and I think Aeris sounds nice and Aerith sounds like a noise a pirate would make

I can understnd liking one more than the other, but no self respecting Pirate 'ARRs' with an 'AIRRRR' noise.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom