New year, New LTD thread. (Round 5)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
Sonique, Quexinos, Pinkie Pie, Derpy Hooves
If a thing can never be it CAN NEVER BE. Things that can never be do not happen. QED.
I could have sworn "A love that can never be" came from Romeo and Juliet. They were very much in love but their relationship could not further because of their families and ultimately because of death.

Wait, what? Not a one part of that is correct, nor a good way to look at the TRAGEDY of the play. I know its gets called that a lot, but there's was a love that WAS. They CONSUMMATED it for crying out loud.
Again I'm pretty sure that's where the phrase came from. But maybe I'll check up on that. So far all I've found was an allexperts.com answer on it who said that's where the phrase came from :awesome:.

EDIT:
looking it up now, I also see another expert say Romeo and Juliet was never called that officially. I assumed it was...

Quex, seek medical help. Dead video game characters are not meant to be injected.
And she was on her own disc. So was Sephiroth.
My bad XD
And yes I know she was on her own disc but my point still stands.

A few mispelt Engrish words in a JP only product make you think it's unreliable?
Yeah, no. That's stupid. Japanese products with English in them are pretty apathetic about their English. In short, they didn't care about English because to them, it's just decoration to them, not content. The closest to an exception we've gotten from SE is Reunion Files.
Well it WAS Supervised by Nomura. There's a lot of scenes left out though. So I'm not sure how far "The High affection scene is the only one shown" would get you. Lucrecia's cave isn't in there, Barret's date isn't in there, Tifa is chosen from the Don's date and so on...

Only because your standard has been set so low as to throw bones to the idea of Clerith. A standard so low it gives Aeti proofs too.
It's not just that they're about Aerith it's what he says. Stuff like "If this smile costs only one gil, then it's a good purchase." I honestly don't think it's so far fetched to say that sounds Clerithy. I can tell you right now if he said something like that about Tifa's smile, I'd be happy ^_^

Last edited:

Winter

8ad 8r8k
AKA
oddishness, like vines, azula, femshep, winter
>new LTD thread
FlbBa.png

jesus christ how long are we going to go at this

Last edited:

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
Actually we WERE discussing LTD related topics just one page ago :monster:

but thank you for distracting everyone from the fact that I don't know what I'm talking about with Romeo and Juliet :awesome:

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
There was dude, one page ago, me and Ryu were debating about what "A love that could never be" means and if the Memorial Album is reliable and what not.

Winter

8ad 8r8k
AKA
GUYS I HAVE A SHOCKING REVELATION

I DON'T KNOW IF YOU KNOW THIS BUT

CLOTI IS CANON

Zee

wangxian married
AKA
Zee
There was dude, one page ago, me and Ryu were debating about what "A love that could never be" means and if the Memorial Album is reliable and what not.

i mean honestly do i have to explain why the thread has run its course when you say things like that

it's just

2ec24yejpg.gif

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA

Winter

8ad 8r8k
AKA
a love that could never be seems pretty straightforward to me

Cloud and Aerith had the hots for each other. then she died. they moved on to greener pastures.

Celes said:
Also, comparing Clerith to Romeo and Juliet = lol
I am inclined to agree with this, WAY TO MISS THE POINT GUYS

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
Also, comparing Clerith to Romeo and Juliet = lol
^Random statement
I wasn't saying they're alike just that the phrase was used for both... though I don't think Romeo and Juliet was ever officially referred to as that.

Cloud and Aerith had the hots for each other. then she died. they moved on to greener pastures.
So a love that can go no further, right.

Zee

wangxian married
AKA
Zee
It's not the best debate but there was also a Clerith on this page:

boy was i wrong

suddenly this entire thread is justified!

a love that could never be seems pretty straightforward to me

get your delusional cleris shit out of this thread unless you have your thesis prepared

Tifabelle

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Tifabelle, Nathan Drake, Locke Cole, Kain Highwind, Yamcha, Arya Stark
Cloud didn't have the hots for anyone until after the Lifestream Sequence :monster:

Maybe we should call this the Love Triangle Discussion rather than debate. We can still discuss ideas and stuff.

Celes Chere

Banned
AKA
Noctis
WAY TO MISS THE POINT GUYS

I wasn't saying they're alike just that the phrase was used for both... though I don't think Romeo and Juliet was ever officially referred to as that.

Random statement

FFS. :rage:

Maybe we should call this the Love Triangle Discussion rather than debate. We can still discuss ideas and stuff.

True... there hasn't been actual debate in the debate thread for... like... ever. XD

Winter

8ad 8r8k
AKA
Cloud didn't have the hots for anyone until after the Lifestream Sequence :monster:
evidence and proof please

no really though there is no legit proof that cloud didn't at least have a crush on aerith, come at me bro

Zee

wangxian married
AKA
Zee

that's a nice idea in theory but i can also see how that'd go wrong pretty fast

i mean tbh most of the posters in here are cloti anyway, wouldn't the majority of this discussion be suited to faith?

Winter

8ad 8r8k
AKA
that's a nice idea in theory but i can also see how that'd go wrong pretty fast

i mean tbh most of the posters in here are cloti anyway, wouldn't the majority of this discussion be suited to faith?
fuck no, you can't talk about that dirty slut aerith in the pure and holy land of faith

stupid BITCH

Zee

wangxian married
AKA
Zee
fuck no, you can't talk about that dirty slut aerith in the pure and holy land of faith

stupid BITCH

no1curr about aeris

trufax

no really though there is no legit proof that cloud didn't at least have a crush on aerith, come at me bro

tbh people treat cloud like he's some weird space alien that has zero sexual interests outside of one predesignated love interest

he's socially stunted, not dickless

if the subplot of ff7 was good at one thing it was that love is messy as fuck and all of these characters are bad at it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom