New year, New LTD thread. (Round 5)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Splintered

unsavory tart
Brady Games = Not official. BUT, as they have copied the information from the official page, then they are in agreement with that which is official.

Incidentaly correct, not by fiat.
I have to agree.

I could copy and paste everything from ultimania and it would be right. Would that mean that all my posts are official? No.

But they should be.

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
Sonique, Quexinos, Pinkie Pie, Derpy Hooves
I was mostly asking because of the Crisis Core profiles from Brady games and the one where it says "Tifa lets her feelings be known and the two can be seen living together in AC and DC"

anyone know how official that is? It almost sounds like an exact translation from the Ultimania.

Ryushikaze

Deus Admiral Parsimonious, PHD, DDS, MD, JD, OBE
AKA
Tim, Ryu
I was mostly asking because of the Crisis Core profiles from Brady games and the one where it says "Tifa lets her feelings be known and the two can be seen living together in AC and DC"

anyone know how official that is? It almost sounds like an exact translation from the Ultimania.

It's close, but not exact, since the original says both of them do it. Is someone refusing to trust a translation but trusting Bradygames or some shit?

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
I've heard people say that Brady Games says at the beginning of their book that they're just fans therefore Tifa's profile in that game is simply their interpretation of the events. (and Cloti bias :awesome:) I want to know if the Brady Game profiles can be trusted or not.

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
Also I forgot:

The UO, the U10, and the U20. And the CCU.

Where applicable.
All of them have also shown Tifa's date, including in Cloud's profile.

Okay but in the story playback, isn't Aerith's date always the one they feature, with the others maybe off to the side or something?

Okay but in the story playback, isn't Aerith's date always the one they feature, with the others maybe off to the side or something?

That story playback that came with AC or whatever it's called had Tifa's didn't it? Honestly can't give any more clarification than that I just remember it was in relation to AC.

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
Also I forgot:

Usually. The screenshots from the Ultimania Omega and FF 20th Anniversary Ultimania File 2: Scenario guide went with her date, yeah. The 10th Anniversary Ultimania for VII didn't have any screenshots.

Of course, the Memorial Album I bought from you featured the three girls' dates, and put Tifa's first. And, of course, the name of the song played on the gondola ride makes more sense with Tifa's date.

It's terribly inconsistent across the various profiles, playbacks, and books in general which date is given the most attention. Hell, even that FF Art Collection card of Aerith's which says "first and last date" is inconsistent with the CC Complete Guide since the latter refers to the park scene as a date. =P

Just go with what the FF 20th AU F2: Scenario left us with -- there's no canon date.

Splintered

unsavory tart
The date matters little in the grand scheme of things. It's a fun diversion but honestly, Barret's date could be canon and nothing would come of it.

I rather like Aerith's date the best but that's just me.

The Highwind scene's canonicity is a more hot button issue because it actually may change the nature of the relationship at the end of FFVII, and may change how we view Cloud-Tifa in CoT and AC/C. Date, not so much.

Hell, I think whether or not you save Corel has more bearing on the world of FFVII than it.

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Leon S. Kennedy,Terry Bogard, The Dark Knight, Dacon, John Marston, Teal'c
The dates that we've been given for most of the events are pretty fucking retarded anyway.

Vendel

Banned
The Highwind scene's canonicity is a more hot button issue because it actually may change the nature of the relationship at the end of FFVII, and may change how we view Cloud-Tifa in CoT and AC/C. Date, not so much.

The HW scene is not where C/T realized their love for each other. The HW scene was them acting on that. In the "low" version we can take that as them not acting on it for whatever reason.

It is the lifestream that tells us C/T love each other. And even if they didn't act (I.E. Sex) upon those feelings during the course of the game it doesn't change that fact. Nor does it change this conversation.

CoT said:
“Cloud, you’re smiling.”

“I am?”

“Yeah.”

“It all starts now. A new…”

Cloud looked for the right words.

“A new life.”

“I’m going to live. I think that’s the only way I can be forgiven. All sorts of things… happened.”

“That’s right…”

“But when I think about how many times I’ve thought about how I was going to start a new life, it’s funny.”

“Why?”

“Because I’ve always failed everything.”

“That’s not funny.”

“After this … I think I’ll be okay.”

Cloud was silent for a long time before he spoke again.

“Because I have you this time.”

“You’ve always had me.”

“What I mean is kind of different,” Cloud answered with another smile.

So no, the HW scene does not change the nature of their relationship or how we view them in CoT and AC/C.

OneWingedDemon

NOT AMUSED
Pretty much what vendel said.

The Highwind scene doesn't really determine the nature of their relationship. Cloud and Tifa ARE a couple. The Low version does nothing more than just take away the excess sap for those who perhaps did not favor Tifa in all of their answers and shit.

The difference lies in "listening' vs. "watching"

Alessa Gillespie

a letter to my future self
AKA
Sansa Stark, Sweet Bro, Feferi, tentacleTherapist, Nin, Aki, Catwoman, Shinjiro Aragaki, Terezi, Princess Bubblegum
low affection version is that Tifa doesn't feel comfortable approaching Cloud with her feelings. Cloud feels the same way in either version, but Tifa feels sort of 'off' telling him exactly how she feels.

Cloud is able to show his feelings in HA version with actions. LA scene seems to imply he wasn't able to get across his feelings only using words and felt uncomfortable with any open affection.

so yeah, thats my thots on yaoi

Splintered

unsavory tart
I don't know.

Whether or not you feel that they are official by that part, the difference is communication. Communication is always a key theme in Cloud-Tifa, even moreso than any other Final Fantasy couple.

Cloud's inability to communicate with Tifa, minus that one time at the water tower, stopped them from really being in a relationship when they were kids. It stopped him from telling Tifa who he was during the flashback. It stopped Tifa from telling Cloud how she felt, throughout the game and highlighted in the date. And it stopped her from telling Cloud about his true past. Their inability to communicate harmed them in CoT and caused Tifa to forcibly tear down the walls in AC/C with her confronting him.

Communication is their number one problem. And in the highwind in HA, it's something they overcome. Granted, it's a large part of it solved by the lifestream, but the difference between high affection and low affection is how they further progress. If Cloud and Tifa still can't show their feelings are are uncomfortable with it, then even if the results are the same, that shows something different than if they "showed that they matched their feelings without words."

IMO, I consider high affection more canon than low affection the same way I view Aerith date more canon than Tifa/Yuffie/Barret. Given the nature of what happens before (or after), it just makes sense.

Also CoT and AC/C was, like, seven years later so all my carefully hypothesized guesses make more sense in that context :monster:

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
Shit... see I deleted the post :(
After posting it I thought it was kind of stupid... but okay

Repost:

I was looking at the crystals in Dissidia, you know how the Cleriths always say Cloud's crystal is holy the White Materia and Clotis always say it's not? I always thought it was just generic materia and one of the mains reasons was a lack of swirls on Cloud's crystal.

but then I found a close up of Cloud's Crystal:
threeup.jpg

It DOES have swirls :monster:

I increased the contrast of some AC/C materia pics and:

acmateriadark.jpg

I thought maybe I saw swirls but I think it's just the background since some of the materia is transparent in some areas. Any thoughts? :monster:

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
AC's depiction of materia was less than ideal in my opinion.

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
There's really nothing else I can use to compare though, is there? Was it ever shown in DoC?

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
I don't even remember. DoC is like a bad date you try and push out of your mind. No matter how hard you try it always seeps back into your brain.

Gym Leader Devil

True Master of the Dark-type (suck it Piers)
AKA
So many names
Materia was funky keychain looking shit in DoC. I do not see the depiction therein being helpful somehow :monster:

Ryushikaze

Deus Admiral Parsimonious, PHD, DDS, MD, JD, OBE
AKA
Tim, Ryu
Quex, even if those are swirls on Cloud's crystal and not merely light refractions, they are absolutely nothing like those on the white materia, either in color or pattern.

Crystals are just fucking crystals. Their shape does not hold any deep personal meaning to the holder. It's a stupid idea that doesn't fit the greater context.

And why the fuck are you doing someone else's work for them, anyways?

Gym Leader Devil

True Master of the Dark-type (suck it Piers)
AKA
So many names
I think she was more trying to discuss than doing their work for them? Or maybe doing the DARPA thing, considering all possible ways Cloti could be attacked in order to prepare counter arguments in advance?

But, that is of course speculation.

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
Crystals are just fucking crystals.
No, I don't think they're having sex.

and whose work am I doing exactly? O_o
and other than a color difference I think they DO look like the swirls in the White Materia. I mean it's probably not going to be exact. The same person probably didn't render them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom