Not open for further replies.

I Am Not Me

The Mean Clack
AKA
Mei, Koibito, Stalker, Little Dude, Nami
Ohey, LTD. I has something. :monster:

I found this somewhere:

The interwebs said:
Everyone left to find what they're fighting for.

To that, Tifa stayed. I don't have to look for what I'm fighting for, Tifa taught me that----

Where is this from, if you don't mind my asking? :B And is it official, or am I just quoting a fanfic?

I just felt like it's heavily connected to Cloud's story in Dissidia. In 013, Cloud is looking for a reason to fight. He finds it (or does he?), blah, blah, and makes a reference to wanting to meet Aerith Tifa Zack.

In 012, I'm not entirely sure of his story while being in the Chaos side, but I think he didn't have any reason to fight as well. That's what the Cloti in me is saying anyway--because after he met Tifa and remembered her, he's suddenly taking on Chaos like a moron (and he also fought his "comrade" Sephiroth). I think by meeting Tifa, he found a reason to fight. His boss, no less. :desu:

MAYBE THIS IS A STRETCH BUT IS THIS CLOTI PROOF SUPPORT? :reptar:

Please don't tell me to go read the entirety of the Reports. I cba to Japanese dictionary the Kanji. :monster:

PS: is it troo that tls is a cloti site. cuz i was wondering y ur not affiliated with ff citadel (love that site) and i saw that they're affiliated with destiny fulfilled which is... ._. so i kinda figured that tls is actually very cloti lol

/shot

Frostwave

lil' rice krispies
AKA
Elizabeth, Selda
That quote 'minds me of some bit I read a million years ago from Dismantled. But I rly dunno for sure.

null

Mr. Thou
AKA
null
actually i would like someone to take me to the theatre because i don't get enough romance/forever alone

The reason you haven't felt it is because it doesn't exist. What you call love was invented by guys like me to sell nylons.

You're born alone and you die alone and this world just drops a bunch of rules on top of you to make you forget those facts. But I never forget. I'm living like there's no tomorrow, because there isn't one.

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
Sonique, Quexinos, Pinkie Pie, Derpy Hooves
BTW guys, I figured this would be better if you heard it from me rather than a Clerith. We really were wrong about the For the One I Love Page. We weren't even close

You see, the first part of Cloud and Tifa's sentence is about Sephiroth. The feelings they shared was about wanting to kill Sephiroth. It has nothing to do with love.

Can't argue with that logic... I concede. :awesome:

EDIT
So Im just gonna throw this out there. Has anyone here ever considered that they really WERE wrong? That the LT really IS up in the air? Or that Clerith might be canon?

I mean it's a good point that the FTOIL page has both couples and FFVII is the ONLY game to have two scenes listed. Anyone ever think about rethinking the evidence?

Last edited:

I Am Not Me

The Mean Clack
AKA
Mei, Koibito, Stalker, Little Dude, Nami
BTW guys, I figured this would be better if you heard it from me rather than a Clerith. We really were wrong about the For the One I Love Page. We weren't even close :(

You see, the first part of Cloud and Tifa's sentence is about Sephiroth. The feelings they shared was about wanting to kill Sephiroth. It has nothing to do with love.

Can't argue with that logic... I concede.

I see. Then I also concede.

Not that it matters, it doesn't interfere with the canon of Clack.

Poor Clotis though. :monster:

:wacky:

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
Although I think the person who said that was actually kidding... at least I really hope so :(

Eerie

Fire and Blood
Quex said:
I mean it's a good point that the FTOIL page has both couples and FFVII is the ONLY game to have two scenes listed. Anyone ever think about rethinking the evidence?

Good point what? You know the characters under the pics mean something. If it was so important and canon, why wasn't Aerith's name even MENTIONED and they just said "oh right BTW you can go to a date w/ someone at that point of the game"

Secret date

At the Gold Saucer, Cloud receives an invitation from one of his companions. Who comes around with the invitation is dependent on Cloud’s behavior.

Basically "oh right depending on how YOU play, someone's coming. Guess what? Yes, they picked Aerith who is trying to tell Cloud how she feels. Does this make Clerith canon? I don't see them confirming their matching feelings in that scene.

Basically, it's even meaner in the sense that it seems they showed that scene just to show off that while Aerith was trying to get through Cloud, this doesn't have any bearing on the next scene, which is the canon one. Or "look, you can have fun with the LTD guys, but this is how this ends."

Vendel

Banned

IX – For the one I must protect
Beatrix becomes the woman to whom Steiner will let no harm befall. For his homeland’s protection and for hers, Steiner brandishes his sword.

IX – Guidance on an investigation of life
Zidane left the company of his companions in front of the Iifa Tree. He survived for the sake of going back to “the place I’ll return to someday,” where the one he loves was waiting for him.

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
IX – For the one I must protect
Beatrix becomes the woman to whom Steiner will let no harm befall. For his homeland’s protection and for hers, Steiner brandishes his sword.

IX – Guidance on an investigation of life
Zidane left the company of his companions in front of the Iifa Tree. He survived for the sake of going back to “the place I’ll return to someday,” where the one he loves was waiting for him.

(still the only one that features 2 of the main protagonist.... or am I wrong on that too?

Ryushikaze

Deus Admiral Parsimonious, PHD, DDS, MD, JD, OBE
AKA
Tim, Ryu
BTW guys, I figured this would be better if you heard it from me rather than a Clerith. We really were wrong about the For the One I Love Page. We weren't even close

So they put it on a page all about expressions of romantic feelings for shits and giggles? Oh Square, you silly funsters.

Can't argue with that logic... I concede. :awesome:

It would require some logic to be present in order to argue with the logic.

EDIT
So Im just gonna throw this out there. Has anyone here ever considered that they really WERE wrong? That the LT really IS up in the air? Or that Clerith might be canon?

Quex, you're still relatively knew to the shebang. Yes. These things have been considered. And they have been found wanting.

I mean it's a good point that the FTOIL page has both couples

No it isn't. The pictures are pretty but the WORDS tell us what's fucking going on. The words are a giant fuck you to the Clerith conclusion.

and FFVII is the ONLY game to have two scenes listed. Anyone ever think about rethinking the evidence?

Yes. But that doesn't mean you have to presume any golden mean bullshit. Simply take into account new evidence, and fit the conclusion to fit the evidence, not the other way around.

OneWingedDemon

NOT AMUSED
You see, the first part of Cloud and Tifa's sentence is about Sephiroth. The feelings they shared was about wanting to kill bang Sephiroth.
...fixed it for you bb :awesome:

ALSO (cause I forget shit):
and FFVII is the ONLY game to have two scenes listed
...it's also the ONLY game in which the main character can date 4 different people. So they clarify?
I mean, what does Aeris' caption say other than "you can date this pink chick, an angry black man, and an underage ninja....but it all means shit because he bangs the big boobed one"

Last edited:

Fighter

Pro Adventurer

Occam's razor.This book wasn't made for FF7 connoisseurs. It's made for everyone. Put aside all the mental gymnastics and just read it as if you haven't even played it. One caption says 'you can get a date with one of four people'. The other says 'Cloud and Tifa express their feelings before the final battle'.

And you get... exactly what it says. You can go on a date with four different characters and Cloud & Tifa confess their feelings for each other at the end of the story.

Why would anyone write two simple sentences like that to mean something so convoluted like what pinkers are suggesting?

Vendel

Banned
Occam's razor.This book wasn't made for FF7 connoisseurs. It's made for everyone. Put aside all the mental gymnastics and just read it as if you haven't even played it. One caption says 'you can get a date with one of four people'. The other says 'Cloud and Tifa express their feelings before the final battle'.

And you get... exactly what it says. You can go on a date with four different characters and Cloud & Tifa confess their feelings for each other at the end of the story.

Why would anyone write two simple sentences like that to mean something so convoluted like what pinkers are suggesting?

If you can't see Aerith's picture (and Sephys name BTW) along with the fact that it has a page number where it tells you there are TWO versions of the Highwind scene. Well then I just feel sorry for you. You obviously can't understand how FFVII is the exception on that page. Because if it seems romantic, it can't possibly be. It means friendship or something.

IT JUST DOES!

Fighter

Pro Adventurer
If you can't see Aerith's picture (and Sephys name BTW) along with the fact that it has a page number where it tells you there are TWO versions of the Highwind scene. Well then I just feel sorry for you. You obviously can't understand how FFVII is the exception on that page. Because if it seems romantic, it can't possibly be. It means friendship or something.

IT JUST DOES!

I suppose I understand now. This book is not an information guide, it is a puzzle. And I fail. :no:

Vendel

Banned
I suppose I understand now. This book is not an information guide, it is a puzzle. And I fail. :no:

Of course it's a puzzle. You can't build even an option for Clerith romance unless you completely tear down the entire compilation and every official word on the subject.

Once that is done you can place the pieces wherever you want.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom