New year, New LTD thread. (Round 5)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Winter

8ad 8r8k
AKA
oddishness, like vines, azula, femshep, winter
No no quex, you misunderstand!

I didn't mean anything was fundamentally wrong with you or your boards or that people didn't like posting there, but everyone who posts there is ready for a debate. That's different than general FFVII fans who want to find a cool place to hang out.

I think that some C/T posters there do carry over a smug attitude and while the debators there are okay with it people who aren't so keen on ship wars might not be.

Does that make sense? I really meant no offense to your forum or the people who post on it. :sadpanda:

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
Okay, that's fucking it.

Some members definitely need some cooling off time from the LTD of FFVII and since they can't figure it out themselves, we're gonna temporarily close this thread and decide what to do next.

This thread's become the Kowloon Walled City of the forum and the shit's gotten out of hand.

I don't give a shit what pairing's canon. When people demonstrate an uncontrollable need to be dickbags towards each other over a goddamn video game love triangle, there's something wrong. Occasional dry wit and snark is one thing. Out and out venom, trolling and flaming is another.

This has gone on long enough and now this thread will be temporarily closed and what to do about this bullshit will be discussed. Until further notice, no more LTD threads. This bullfuckery needs to stop and some egos need to do some serious shrinking.

Ryushikaze

Deus Admiral Parsimonious, PHD, DDS, MD, JD, OBE
AKA
Tim, Ryu
But if you say in there 'well I believe Clerith is canon' Mako or Vendel will pop in there and be like COME AT ME BRO before you can itch your nose.

Basically you can post pretty pictures but that's basically the only thing you can do. The main thing I'm grateful for is that Ryu has stopped his silly picture snarking in there.

Posting pretty pictures is what all the clubs are for, more or less. And for the record, there was never any malicious intent in my snarking. I did in the VI thread too. I plan on doing it for my own LP. Snark is one of my default states.

We're trying to stop getting people to be so shitty to one another because this one debate is largely responsible for TLS having a reputation as a hostile forum.

I disagree. That we are a LARGELY HOSTILE FORUM is responsible for us having that reputation. That includes the people complaining that this forum and my LT article came off as arrogant/ smug/ etc. who are perfectly fine with acting with hostility towards everyone else for any reason.

Various people disagree on how it should be done, and it's readily apparent that certain people just really don't like each other.

This, is, I think, the root of the problem.

Go Mog :D

1. In all honesty, do we need that "LTD OVER LUL!" thing anymore? I mean from what I gathered it was retaliation for some Cleriths being so hostile over the forum and Tres' essay. Things have calmed down now, it's not needed. Keep the translation up, but lose the smug article.

It was released because we got the translation. There was no reactionary element to it. What tone it had was supposed to be humorous. That people read it as arrogant, well, I cannot blame them, but I will not apologize.

Ⓐaron

Factiō Rēpūblicāna dēlenda est.
AKA
The Man, V
I disagree. That we are a LARGELY HOSTILE FORUM is responsible for us having that reputation. That includes the people complaining that this forum and my LT article came off as arrogant/ smug/ etc. who are perfectly fine with acting with hostility towards everyone else for any reason.
Sorry, but the rest of the forum is just nowhere near as hostile as the LTD is. There isn't even any comparison. TLS can be hostile to people at times, but it's usually towards people like User Name who have been hostile to them first. Outside of the LTD thread it's comparatively rare for the board to be hostile, and my experience has been that it's usually towards people like User Name, DLPB, and Neo Bahamut who were themselves extremely abrasive before anyone even started being all that hostile towards them. It's not the same thing at all. Even people who are usually pretty civilised have tendencies to post absurd flames over seemingly trivial slights when they're posting in the LTD. It's a breeding ground for hostility in its current state - it's basically turned into TLS's equivalent of ACF's Spam Forum - and something needs to be done about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom