Now just the official "Fuck Konami in general" thread #fuckonami

X-SOLDIER

Harbinger O Great Justice
AKA
X
More from Del Toro: http://www.joblo.com/movie-news/kon...o-del-toro-and-hideo-kojimas-silent-hills-244

Guillermo Del Toro said:
Kojima and myself have been in touch for many years. I think the vision was amazing. What we had planned was amazing. I’m heartbroken. We were trying, I don’t know, I’m gonna ask him and if I can next time we meet - or you see me somewhere - I’ll tell you what we were planning. It was to fuck with your brain really bad. It was truly cutting edge stuff.

X :neo:

X-SOLDIER

AKA
X
At this point, I'm more interested to see what Kojima & his team decide to do after MSG5 happens, since that seems to be their last thing that they'll be doing with Konami, and I think that he's got strong enough brand recognition to be able to make it outside of that environment. I have to wonder if there'd be anything to prevent the two of them from collaborating on a game outside of Konami -- since they seem to be fucking up everything that they possibly can at this point.

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
Once Kojima is done with MGSV and possibly starts his own thing, he should just get together with Del Toro again and make Silent Hills like they intended in everything but name.

X-SOLDIER

AKA
X
Once Kojima is done with MGSV and possibly starts his own thing, he should just get together with Del Toro again and make Silent Hills like they intended in everything but name.

Being as they'd been in contact for years, I can't imagine that they wouldn't attempt to do so to achieve their vision. At this point, we can only hope.

Super Mario

IT'S A ME!
AKA
Jesse McCree. I feel like a New Man
I heard but unconfirmed that Konami was going bankrupt after mgs5 and couldn't afford silent hills anymore hence why they let kojima and gdt go.

Geostigma

Pro Adventurer
AKA
gabe
Highly doubt it.

They suck ass in the west, but in Japan they are absolutely killing it in the arcade market and they also do more than just video games as well.

They did pull their stock from the exchange this morning which is suspect but I doubt they are going bankrupt.

Probably some sort of corporate or internal take over though.

Super Mario

IT'S A ME!
AKA
Ahhh well there goes my last fuck. I was so looking forward to the game for the first time after PT. Now I'm gonna convince my cousin to not get MGS5 for this, Konami doesn't need my cash no more.

Geostigma

Pro Adventurer
AKA
gabe
I'm sure Kojima will still be entitled to some sort of royalties or bonus based on MGS5 sales. Plus how can you resist the power of MGS!

For sure will be the last main MGS title i purchase for sure. I know Konami will try to pump up a non Kojima or Revengance title to compensate and it will be trash.

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
giphy.gif

on the other hand, the demo and footage as it stands didn't have anything that strongly connecting it to the silent hill mythos and games being reworked into something isn't unheard of. (it kind of felt like an unrelated game they'd stuck the name 'silent hill' onto anyway.) so they could just as easily make it something different, if someone is willing to be the one who picks up the game.

I'm sure someone will. Or at least consider it, considering the backlash this is getting, and how P.T. was loved by a ton and basically took over youtube lets players.

Super Mario

IT'S A ME!
AKA
Fuck I wish I knew a shiekh in Saudi who would buy Konami off and then bring back Kojima for oil and a fee along with GDT to fix Konamo executives 'smart' moves and get Silent Hills off the ground. This is like watching Game of Fucking Thrones: the game I would have loved just got killed for no reason.

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
Satsu, BRIAN BLESSED, MIGHTY AND WISE Junpei Iori: Ace Detective, Maccaffrickstonson von Lichtenstafford Frabenschnaben, Polite Krogan, Robert Baratheon
That comment on that news article

There was a game here once

It's gone now

I laughed, even though I felt so bad

Splintered

unsavory tart
Highly doubt it.

They suck ass in the west, but in Japan they are absolutely killing it in the arcade market and they also do more than just video games as well.

They did pull their stock from the exchange this morning which is suspect but I doubt they are going bankrupt.

Probably some sort of corporate or internal take over though.
I was wondering about this. I was looking at Konami's wiki page and was surprised to see that it was the 5th biggest game company per revenue. Then again, looking at the chart (which lists Konami as 20) it's right below Squeenix and even they were sweating for awhile.

So the Japanese market is keeping them afloat? Besides Metal Gear, which lost Kojima, and Silent Hill, which is slowly loosing steam and this game promised to bring in new fans at least- and it's cancellation might have led to consumer distrust, I didn't see a lot of current game franchises except maybe Castlevania. Suikoden is pretty dead besides some ports, and I guessed DDR was dead but if you count arcades it might be still up.

I see they make slot machines, and I heard panchiko was huge in Japan, so that might be keeping the revenue in? They also have Yugioh which is still pretty popular.

X-SOLDIER

AKA
X
It's that last thing you mentioned. A majority of their profit comes from things other than video games.

Geostigma

Pro Adventurer
AKA
gabe
Yup its the slot and pachinko machines. IIRC they have a bunch of game themed ones in Vegas as well.

Those Gradius and I'm sure the soon to come MGS machines bring in the big bucks for them.

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
Satsu, BRIAN BLESSED, MIGHTY AND WISE Junpei Iori: Ace Detective, Maccaffrickstonson von Lichtenstafford Frabenschnaben, Polite Krogan, Robert Baratheon
Torashiro's a cool dude though.

Geostigma

Pro Adventurer
AKA
gabe
This SBH video is being taken down left and right by Konami but if the circumstances of the Konami v Kojima incident (and the fall out) are a bit foggy for you then it's a good watch it goes over a lot of things very well.

Geostigma

Pro Adventurer
AKA
gabe
Yeah it's a really good video. I had a decent handle on the situation and it was still eye opening. And of course depressing as well.

I guess the saying "Fish rot from the head down" is especially true in the case of Konami.

This video being taken down so much is also another really shit thing to do honestly. They keep striking it down with DMCA despite it being 100% in the fair use spectrum. Really shitty thing to do and will only make more people see that video in the end.

Top Bottom