• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

Opera Omnia Dissidia News/Discussion Thread

Jairus

Author of FFVII: Lifestream & FFVII: Reflections
At which point should I do each of the Lost Chapters? By that I mean, how far in the story should I be before doing a given Lost Chapter? It doesn't say until you actually start it, and sometimes it doesn't say at all. So it's a little confusing. Is there a guide for this sort of thing somewhere?

Ite

Save your valediction (she/her)
AKA
Ite
I was making one but honestly the game gives no fucks about story cohesion. Characters appear out of order and the dialogue doesn’t make sense because some scenes were written before others, so just nab the characters you want, LC’s all go from level 10 to 50 (in regular mode)

Edit: here’s a snippet of that guide, but things stop being quantifiable around Chapter 8

1573585331455.jpeg

Last edited:

Jairus

Thanks, Ite, that helps a lot! Picked up Aerith first and then Rydia, though I haven't finished her LC yet. Got Garnet back when I got one of her gold weapons from a 10+1, hadn't realized at first that you could get characters that way, too.

Ite

AKA
Ite
lGot Garnet back when I got one of her gold weapons from a 10+1, hadn't realized at first that you could get characters that way, too.
That’s how I got Freya! Don’t know why I haven’t touched Act II yet, but Freya’s the only character I’ve wanted from it so far. Lucky me!

Jairus

I hope they bring in Red XIII sometime, it'd be fun to play as him. They've already brought in Cait Sith, so there's no excuse for not adding Red at some point. He doesn't need to be left out yet again (looking at you, FFVII Compilation). And do you have to keep manually backing up, or does it do it automatically once you've initially connected it to a SE account?

Ite

AKA
Ite
All right so my "character guide" was a bust, but I feel like this could actually be useful to folks, especially with how the chocobo boards have been going. This is a google sheet that you can sort by enemy name, type, number, and node name.

1574203477962.png

As I build this sheet, is there anything else I should be adding to it? Bearing in mind that my time on earth is finite. I don't know why I do this data entry stuff. I find it fun ^_^

(edit: I initally had number of waves and number of enemies per wave, but 1. that would take forever and 2. it was hard to make such a thing sort-able if you're looking to find the most enemies per node)

(edit 2: by the way, if you want to know the node with the most Splashers, it's Act 1 Chapter 10, Under the Ruins Pt. 4)

Last edited:

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
So how's everyone enjoying the CHAOS era of challenges?

I can honestly say never before have I felt a game throw me back into feeling like a n00b than the CHAOS version of Fang's Lost Chapter. Fuck those Sahagin Shamen.

The Colorless Queen and Leviathan weren't too bad but..

The Count Steam from Deuce's Lost Chapter were hellish. Dear God.

Managed to complete them all but they weren't easy. Hope everyone's hanging in there.

Countdown to Ultimecia and Dimension's End, baby! This is gonna be one helluva week!

Ite

AKA
Ite
I admittedly have Terra/Cloud/Zidane as my only CS 60+ characters, and even though they are maxed out af I can’t even clear Chaos stuff. It’s INSANE!

ultima espio

Pro Adventurer
Here's a roundup of today's stream:
https://www.reddit.com/r/DissidiaFFOO/comments/e1npbv Next one will be December 30th. They brought up Beatrix's lost chapter, it's due early next year. They didn't release it earlier beacuse she'd be too powerful for the content we'll be getting. They once released Sazh's 35cp really early and it just broke the game.

As for AoE attackers, you really want Reynn and Laan with their MLB 15/35 and their ex weapon. The 15 and 35 passives grant 100% damage to all targets, and their EX makes sure you start the battle with them already active. They destroy so much content if you give them high bravery.

Obsidian Fire

Ahk Morn!
AKA
The Engineer
I "cheat" and just pay gems to clear CHAOS stuff. The important bit is less Completing it, and more clearing it to get a steady source of refining materials so that when my core team's EX weapons can be refined, I have all the mats available for that right from the get-go.

Current list of characters I am saving up Refining materials for...
Garnet - Enchanting goddess and amazing brave battery if you play her right. Sacred Prayer auto-casting at the start of battle is... rather crazy. Free Enchants and BRV Regen on everyone!
Sephrioth - Meshes well with literally any buffer. Black Materia looks at any boss that is holding on to high BRV and laughs. Starting out fights with both Jenova and Reunion stacks is really nice.
Aerith - Another crazy brave battery and one of the only ressers in the game. Her EX + limit breaks fix the majority of her slow set-up which is currently one of the main reasons I bring Garnet over Aerith.
Lyale - The knock-up god. Seriously, having a guaranteed knock-up on an EX ability with a low recast time is nuts. Having his BRV damage be increased by a lot is nice.
Kuja - More or less the AoE magic version of Sephrioth. Having him around makes clearing content with lots of AoE waves much easier. Starting out battles with Dark Messenger is very welcome.
Serah - One of the best combinations of party buffs and enemy debuffs. Having Ultima Arrow give Unshaken Will fixes a lot of awkwardness about what order to use her skills in.
Tidus - Very nice debuff set. The ammount of hits you can get out of him is really crazy. Energy Rain getting made better is very, very welcome as it was kinda odd Slash Combo hit harder then it did.

Tidus is almost done. I just need one more ingot...

Unfortunately, one of my favorite characters to mess around with, Auron, doesn't even have his EX + stats released for the Japanese version yet... But man, is his meele resist down still as nice as ever...

Had an absolutely crazy set of draws for Garland's banner... drew two of his EXs and one of WoL's EX with nothing but draw tickets...

Maidenofwar

They/Them
I've been feeling kind of overwhelmed since the start of EX+ era. Haven't purpled anyone yet though I did use a book to make Aerith's armour EX+ :pinkmonster: I want to fully purple her for sure when I get the chance but otherwise I have been like :aah:However I read Vanille EX+ next month and I definitely want to do her too, Serah as well. I feel like I should commit and EX+ this month as well just so I can maybe clear some chaos stuff but I don't know who. I got Duece's EX and I like it so her maybe but Yshtola is later this month ... there's also Rem, or Agrias maybe :aah: Next month Yuna and Rosa EX+ are also possibilities but I don't know if I'll get enough materials for that :monstersmashed:

Obsidian Fire

Ahk Morn!
AKA
The Engineer
My advice is to look at all the characters you want to get EX+ for on the Opera Omnia Database and see how all their buffs and debuffs interact. Do look up how they are in the JP version of the game, as that is a good way to check their long-term viability.

Both players and enemies can only have six de/buffs at one time and buffs of the same type do not stack ( Max BRV II overwrites Max BRV I, etc.). This puts a bit of a limit on how much you can buff characters or debuff enemies and can help you figure out which characters are a bit redundant if they are in the same party. By this point in the game, most characters have at least one "framed" buff that is specific to them, so you'll usually want to aim for about four-five "generic" buffs so that you don't overwrite buffs. The same thing can apply to debuffs as a lot of bosses have "framed" buffs of their own that can erase your debuffs if you have a lot of them... or if you have too many characters that have the same kind of debuff.

The other huge thing to keep in mind for EX+ is that you can only use each sphere once. After you use it on a character, that's it. To get another sphere of the same kind, you'd have to refine a whole nother Ex+ weapon from scratch. And that's... a lot of materials. So in a big way, the EX+ era is the big "crunch" time for people's rosters. Now's the time to figure out which characters you like using the most (or will like using the most if they aren't out yet) and stick with them.

Another thing I've noticed with Spheres (at least for the Jamming (E) ones) is that the debuffs on the target that the Spheres give are all generic debuffs. So the odds of them overwriting other generic debuffs of the same kind is very high. This is most likely an issue for characters that already give generic debuffs of the same kind of Sphere Debuff then get. Tidus would be a good example of this. His Slash Combo gives Speed Down already, but so does his Sphere. So his Sphere is probably best used on a character with no natural Speed Down Debuff. I'm very interested to see how the Sphere Buffs work, because if they're also Generic Buffs, then giving them to people is going to really come down to what buffers you usually work with and what buffs those characters already give out.

Maidenofwar

They/Them
Thank you Obsidian Fire! ^_^

I am up to date on all normal mode story chapters except the one released this week and have I think three lost chapters left to get clear on. I've also managed to do some Dimensions End and get some nuggets too.

I made Agrias my first 3/3 EX+ character and this week I fully purpled Yshtola :joy: I managed to clear my first Chaos fight with the Machina Chaos, Ysh/Rem/Agrias, used 100 gems for the clear but I am still quite happy, Chaos doesn't seem quite so insurmountable anymore, might try again sometime replacing Rem or Agrias with Ultimecia or Lilisette with a Kuja friend perhaps :moar:

ultima espio

Pro Adventurer

Ite

AKA
Ite
Um.... what the hell happened to the graphics?? It’s like, nothing has changed, but everything looks like shit for some reason. It’s like they upped the fps and now it looks smooth as diarrhea. What’s going on?

Jairus

Hopefully this means they'll add Jessie at some point, too. They have other NPC's in there already, so it doesn't seem like such a stretch.

ultima espio

Pro Adventurer
They aren't in playable Record Keeper, but they do appear in the record dungeons. 7:44:

I thought Red XIII would have appeared before these two, he was one of the first in record keeper. There's no sign of Rikku either.

Maidenofwar

They/Them
I finally managed to clear but not complete Dimension's End Pathos Tier 5 with Aranea (EX+ 3/3, 15, 35 passives, three x Miss Merc Boosts, EX+ armour 3/3), Aerith (EX 3/3, 15, 35 passives, 3 x Healing Wind Boosts), and Lyse (EX+ 0/3, 15, 35 passives) Took some resets but managed to win comfortably within the turn limit but did not reach score because I used Aerith's revive like three times since the turtle on wave 3 kept hating on Aranea. Now I know I can comfortably get the turn limit though I can go back and play wave 3 a bit more conservatively I think and watch out for breaks, etc. Still this is a good team, was surprised how well they worked together. Tried before with Aranea, Zack and Selphie but Zack's damage kept getting seriously resisted at times and he was hitting 1s :nah:

Tashasaurous

Tash for Short
AKA
Sailor Moon, Mini Moon, Hotaru, Cardcaptor Sakura, Meilin, Xion, Kairi, Aqua, Tifa, Aerith, Yuffie, Elena, Misty, May, Dawn, Casey, Fiona, Ellie
I am so glad that Reno's finally in a Dissidia game. It's still better than not seeing him pre-Remake at all after G-Bike got shut down without an International release five years ago.

Top Bottom