PlayStation 4

Lex

Administrator
Gravity Rush is probably the best Vita exclusive right now. Other awesome games are Uncharted: Golden Abyss (obviously) which btw is still free for PS Plus users. Gravity rush was too. Wipeout is good but really hard compared to the other wipeout games, which is saying something since they're all bloody solid.

The Rayman Origins Vita version is better than the originals but almost exactly the same, and it's the same deal with Sonic and All Stars Racing Transformed but man they're both immensely fun to play on the Vita.

There's also the MGS HD Collection from PS Plus which I've not played yet but it's on my Vita awaiting playtime. I also have Duodecim which is kinda fun. PSP games look much nicer on the Vita. So do PS1 games btw.

But yeah, I'd like more games to sink my teeth into. The controls feel really nice but the sticks take a little adjusting after being so used to the PS3 sticks.

X-SOLDIER

Harbinger O Great Justice
AKA
X
I've been playing unhealthy amounts of Soul Sacrifice on the Vita. It is crazy amounts of fun. I will say that the few good games it has are awesome, but the PS4 will certainly make it worth it.

Also- I'd be surprised if their games do t have optional functionality for playing with the Vita as a controller to make them analogous to the WiiU controller extras for any games that hit all 3 platforms.

X :neo:

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
Satsu, BRIAN BLESSED, MIGHTY AND WISE Junpei Iori: Ace Detective, Maccaffrickstonson von Lichtenstafford Frabenschnaben, Polite Krogan, Robert Baratheon
Also- I'd be surprised if their games do t have optional functionality for playing with the Vita as a controller to make them analogous to the WiiU controller extras for any games that hit all 3 platforms.

Didn't they kinda do this between the PS3/PSP?

Lex

Administrator
No. The PSP has a remote play feature that works with PS1 games (I may be misremembering) but that's about it. I think you could use it as a controller but it would just be controls and nothing else.

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
Satsu, BRIAN BLESSED, MIGHTY AND WISE Junpei Iori: Ace Detective, Maccaffrickstonson von Lichtenstafford Frabenschnaben, Polite Krogan, Robert Baratheon
Well yeah, they're already part-ways there. iirc you could also stream the PSP game directly to the television via the PS3 as well, so it already worked both ways quite a bit in this current generation.

Carlie

CltrAltDelicious
AKA
Chloe Frazer
If only Nintendo had thought of utilizing the 3DS in this manner instead of their pointless controller/portable gaming device.

Lex

Administrator
Well yeah, they're already part-ways there. iirc you could also stream the PSP game directly to the television via the PS3 as well, so it already worked both ways quite a bit in this current generation.

No you couldn't, the PSP has its own cable to connect to the TV and it looks terrible. It's not possible to do it through the PS3. This is quite a bit different :monster:

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
Oh well. Still part-ways there :monster:

Geostigma

Pro Adventurer
AKA
gabe
I get what Satsu is saying.

Its clear that the idea was there they just didnt have the capability in the hardware to go for it all the way like they will with PS4/Vita.

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
Criticism of the One aside, I do hope the PS4 also has a square design; the PS3 looks nice, but its shape is rather impractical imho.

Lex

Administrator
It would be nice to go back to a good old square box, but I'm not sure how they can do that and not have it looking like a big brick as their previous consoles did. I'm looking forward to seeing it in 8 days anyway :monster:

Lex

Administrator
iJgqRWP.png

X-SOLDIER

Harbinger O Great Justice
AKA
X
I assume they're referring to the touchpad / sharing features (which I could see depending on the game if it was multiplatform just between the XboxOne & PS4). Additionally I think that the Camera is just for specific games and it's interesting that it's still an accessory, but that might cut their base price as compared to the Kinect-bundled XboxOne. It's a good tactic if it's true.

X :neo:

Lex

Administrator
The touchpad/ sharing features won't require the controller - I'm sure it's referring to the Dualshock 4/ Camera functionality (light bars on the back of the controller for multiplayer etc) which tbh isn't something I'm bothered about in the slightest.

The fact that they're not including the controller is a win, because it'll drive the price down slightly at launch and developers won't be pressured to include some sort of move-like functionality.

Combine this with the fact that the games with Vita remote play have to NOT have camera functionality, and I'm a happy customer. I might still get the camera, but I have the PS Move and I never use it. It came bundled with my PS3 - I played some demos and a bit of Resident Evil 5 after I'd completed it once but since then it's sat on a shelf completely untouched.

Geostigma

Pro Adventurer
AKA
gabe
Heres a list of PS4 games that have been confirmed, iirc the count is 48 confirmed games.

Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag
Basement Crawl
Battlefield 4
Blacklight: Retribution [Free-to-Play]
Call of Duty: Ghosts
Carmageddon: Reincarnation
Cyberpunk 2077
DC Universe Online [Free-to-Play]
Daylight
Deep Down
Destiny
Diablo III
Doki-Doki Universe [Free-to-Play]*
DriveClub*

Dying Light
EA Sports UFC
The Evil Within
FIFA 14
Final Fantasy (Untitled)
Hohokum*
inFAMOUS: Second Son*
Killzone: Shadow Fall*
Knack*

Lords of the Fallen
Madden NFL 25
NBA 2K14
NBA Live 14
Need for Speed Rivals
The Pinball Arcade
Planetside 2 [Free-to-Play]
Primal Carnage: Genesis
Rocketbirds 2: Evolution
Shadow Warrior
Silent Enemy
Skylanders Swap Force
Sniper Elite 3
Super Motherload
Super Stardust (Untitled)*
(Another Housemarque game in development)*

Thief
Tiny Brains
The Walking Dead: Season 2
War Thunder: Ground Forces [Free-to-Play]
Warframe [Free-to-Play]
Watch_Dogs
The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt
The Witness
Wolfenstein: The New Order

Will post link when I find it, had everything but the link saved to a notepad earlier ._.
*Bold font= exclusive.*

Im pretty hyped for the F2P games announced. War Thunder is in beta on PC and only features aerial combat but is an extremely fun game, im quite interested to see how its PS4 counterpart is.

WarFrame is also a great PC game and is a psuedo sequel to DarkSector, wasnt expecting to see either of these games on the PS4 list.

Also Planet side 2 for the win :O I completely missed that on my first glance of the list lol.

Last edited:
Top Bottom