PlayStation 4

Marcus

Consumed By Darkness
The console is going up for sale on the PlayStation site on Monday. It will be £399 however. I'm really tempted to get one as they are limited and numbered and are currently selling on Ebay for $20.000 and not too mention SO. FREAKING. AWESOME.

EDIT: In all honesty I'd just love to have one of them grey controllers.

Super Mario

IT'S A ME!
AKA
Jesse McCree. I feel like a New Man
I need to get my net and television set first, this baby will be mine mid March for sure I fucking guarantee it!

Drax

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Benoist; Captain Highwind
So I just spent the past several hours trying to get my PS4 to cooperate with my HDMI-DVI adapter on my PC monitor--and won! I hear it's a common problem for monitor users. Ran back and forth to my living room HDTV and monitor so many times, thinking I'd have to use the TV to set lower and lower resolutions to get the adapter to recognize, but the solution's actually pretty simple.

Basically what he's saying: there's a bug in the PS4. To get past it, have the PS4 initially off, then hold the power button down until the system beeps twice. This puts it into Safe Mode at 480p. Somehow this makes the screen appear, when it very much would not with the HDMI cable alone.

It will give you a list of options, one in which you can tell it to restart and readjust the PS4's resolution again. The system restarted, and then I just went to the system display as I normally would on a TV to change it to 720p (my DVI adapter's threshold.)

With fingers crossed, it worked. It even worked after shutting the system down and booting it up again.

So if anybody wants to connect to their monitor in the future, that's how you do it. During all of this, I tried turning off the HDCP to see if that would help--kind of scared to turn it back on.

Umatbru

TLS's Resident Troll
That 20th anniversary PS4 isn't fooling anyone. It just a PS4 with a grey paintjob. It's ironic how it can't play PS1 games.

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
they are advert for a bundle at argos where you get a ps4, the last of us, farcry 4, and gta5 for £350. i am not that bothered about gta5 but i might play farcry 4 at some point and would really like to get the last of us. :sadpanda:

i don't know whether to wait for new years, and see if something cheaper turns up :sadpanda: i'd like one before march (for god eater 2 rage burst and fftype-0 hd)

Remnant-of-VII

Black Mage Mechanic
AKA
Remy
Why doesn't Sony create a way to upload save files to cloud storage? Because I had to basically reset my ps4 and wipe all my saves off the hard drive. It just plain sucks having lost all that shit to a damn brownout corrupting the harddrive.

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
is the camera worth it? not that i would be buying the camera standalone, but it's bundled with this infamous set which also has another controller for £380. when i checked the numbers it worked out good value (getting just a console and another controller separate would be £380 it would actually be closer to £400?? i thought a console was £330 on its own), the camera is basically a freebie at that point and i figured if i didn't want it at all i could always sell it off. but i don't say many games that use it and i'm not that fussed about voice commands.

but then i think there will be something that uses it later and then i don't know

not that this should be hard because it's not like i'm losing out on anything.

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
i found a better deal. a ps4, the order (which i'm not fussed about but my brother wanted that) and the last of us for £300. which is the price of the console on its own, the games are free.

and when i go to the check out, it says that the last of us isn't in stock and the price goes normal again (£360 for the console and game). even though i'm ordering it online, and it said it was in stock with the stock checking thing.

the console price is still a good deal but i'm pretty annoyed at not being able to get the last of us for free :sadpanda:

Lex

Administrator
^The voice control thing works without the camera. The PS4 recognises your voice if you plug in any compatible headset with microphones (so like iPhone earphones or equivalent) and say "Playstation". The only thing I would want the camera for is to stream my face while streaming games because people seem to like that for some reason, but I don't really like streaming my face so I won't be getting it :D.

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
i have become unconvinced on the camera, mainly because i want the argos one more but how do you not have one copy of tlou around here, there are like 2-3 shops and probably more in the neighbouring towns. no one shall see my game face :sadpanda:

i am considering just getting the console at £300 in case the price goes up again (plus i have alien isolation and a download/upgrade of mgs5 ground zeros to play as well as two accounts worth of psplus freeplay games). idk i don't want to end up missing that offer while it's on

Geostigma

Pro Adventurer
AKA
gabe
The PS4 recognises your voice if you plug in any compatible headset with microphones (so like iPhone earphones or equivalent) and say "Playstation".

The earbud/mic combo that comes with the PS4 is compatible as well :P

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
i don't know whether to wait to see if a local argos gets tlou back in stock (even though there's copies only 6 miles away, come the fuck on) or get the same set from game but at £50 extra :sadpanda:

Russell

.. ? ..
AKA
King of the Potato People
FYI: PS4 controllers aren't waterproof.

So if you accidentally spill cola over one like a twat it will break leaving you unable to use your PS4.

:fail:

Trust me on this. :wacky:

Lex

Administrator
For the record folks Spotify launched a few days ago, and I already have a subscription so it's pretty awesome. You can stream the music while playing games <3

Now I just need a game that requires grinding lol.

Top Bottom