he/they
AKA
Tets
I have a new toy <3

11947508_1166876416663072_5083293639072374405_n.jpg

Lex

Administrator
Omg it's so pretttttyyy <3 <3

I already have you on PSN right? What games did you buy?

X-SOLDIER

Harbinger O Great Justice
AKA
X
The internet says that it has a misspelling of "Molybdenum" (which is a ridiculously hard-to-manage word as is).

X :neo:

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
Omg it's so pretttttyyy <3 <3

I already have you on PSN right? What games did you buy?

Yes you do.

MGSV came with it and that's the only PS4 game I own.

After a trip to England recently and spending money on a new console you better believe I'm fucking broke now :wacky:
(I might try and get Type-0 later, as of yet it still comes with the XV demo)

Last edited:

Jason Tandro

Banned
AKA
Jason Tandro, Doc Brown, Santa Christ, FearAddict, Thibault Stormrunner, RN: Micah Rodney
Apparently that version has a minor typo on the case, something to do with the chemical makeup or some such nonsense. #funfact

That's freaking awesome Tets. I'm mad jealous, and the red finish looks amazing. Looks like we'll be having an unofficial community playthrough lol

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
The only thing bothering me right now is the lack of analog audio output. Only option I have right now is to plug my speakers into either the controller's or the TV's headphone jack, neither of which sound very good. =/

Lex

Administrator
The only thing bothering me right now is the lack of analog audio output. Only option I have right now is to plug my speakers into either the controller's or the TV's headphone jack, neither of which sound very good. =/

I'm confused about this statement because the PS4 has optical out :/. Did they remove it from this edition or something?

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets

I'm confused about this statement because the PS4 has optical out :/. Did they remove it from this edition or something?

Optical out *is* digital. :monster:
And my stereo speakers need the good ol' red/white cables.

Lex

Administrator

Optical out *is* digital. :monster:
And my stereo speakers need the good ol' red/white cables.

I didn't realise that optical was digital, silly me. I always just assumed because it's such a weirdo shiny cable that it was like the "new" analogue or something XD.

I guess you're going to have to go with converter cables or an amp or something. I was going to be all "no console ever has those ports what are you on about" but I've just realised you must have been using component then splitting the red/white audio cables off from the YPbPr.

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
I guess you're going to have to go with converter cables or an amp or something. I was going to be all "no console ever has those ports what are you on about" but I've just realised you must have been using component then splitting the red/white audio cables off from the YPbPr.

A couple of consoles did have direct output for composite audio actually, like the original PS1 models (bottom):

1024px-PlayStation-Model-Backs.jpg

But yeah, I have always been using the AV Multi Out port for my speakers.

Got a digital to analog converter now though so everything's fine. :monster:

Lex

Administrator
I actually have the oldest model PS with those ports at the bottom so I should probably have known that, but I haven't looked at it for several years :monster:

It always bugged me how those three wires were the same size though. Just because I didn't understand why audio needed twice as much cable as video XD. Now I understand that it doesn't, it's just that way for the purpose of those setups where there are two separate speakers.

I pretty much exclusively use surround now though, just using an optical cable from my TV to an amp.

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
I wish my flat was suitable for surround sound. I want some of that home theater goodness :(
But I don't really have any space for rear speakers. Dx

Lex

Administrator
Basically my setup is everything plugged into the TV via HDMI (which transmits surround) then audio out from the TV to an amp via optical cable. I can still use the TV volume whenever but I have a surround headset which is wireless via the amp, and I can also plug aux speakers into the amp (or proper surround speakers aswell), aswell as a normal headset when the wireless runs out of batt or whatever. It's not limiting in that way, since I can switch back to regular sound whenever I have to.

Originally I had the amp directly in the PS3/PS4 via optical but that became stupid when I realised my TV had optical out and I could just use it for everything. Pretty happy with it.

Ami

Playing All The Stuff!
AKA
Amizon, Commander Shepard, Ellie, Rinoa Heartilly, Xena, Clara Oswald, Gamora, Lana Kane, Tifa Lockhart, Jodie Holmes, Chloe Price.
I'd be down for it, give me a holler when it's done.

...or I could make one, if someone hasn't beat me to it by tonight.

Carlie

CltrAltDelicious
AKA
Chloe Frazer
I started one, called it TheLifestream. Those of you who I have on my friends list have gotten an invitation. If you don't have me, my handle is boricuafoxylady.

Ami

Playing All The Stuff!
AKA
Amizon, Commander Shepard, Ellie, Rinoa Heartilly, Xena, Clara Oswald, Gamora, Lana Kane, Tifa Lockhart, Jodie Holmes, Chloe Price.
More than likely? No.

Top Bottom