PlayStation 4

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
Will this be available later on somewhere after it's been live streamed? I cba watching it live right now :sadpanda:

Lex

Administrator
Well, that was interesting.

I'm kinda sold already tbh. Coming "holiday 2013" - I'm hoping against hope that it's not going to be delayed in the EU because I might want it to be my first ever day 1 buy console. Some of the games available look amazing.

That PS Move story sculpting thing looks interesting. Watch Dogs looks really cool.

But the biggest bombshell? BLIZZARD partnering with SCE. Diablo 3 is coming out for the PS3 and PS4 - holy crap!

Like an idiot I got excited when Square Enix came out but I'm laughing about it now. I'm surprised Naughty Dog weren't there tbh.

EDIT: @Hito, it's all available here on the twitch channel.

Carlie

CltrAltDelicious
AKA
Chloe Frazer
I also surprised about Naughty Dog not being there. Many would buy a PS4 if they release a title with it on launch date.

OneWingedDemon

NOT AMUSED
I saw no fucking console. Where is the console?

And why did SE even need a whole other dude to announce that they have nothing to announce?

Carlie

CltrAltDelicious
AKA
Chloe Frazer
The console will be shown at E3, that was to be expected.

Because clearly that was a very important action that could not be handled by someone who was already talking, a new person was needed to deliver such a massive announcement.

Geostigma

Pro Adventurer
AKA
gabe
Is it so hard to also play PS3 games? Fuck.

lol. The PS3 has issues playing PS3 games :monster:

To be fair though as they stated there could be hope in cloud gaming, if they can get it down right with the help from that gaikai thing then who knows maybe one day the PS4 and beyond will be able to be truly backwards compatible.

As yop mentioned earlier the PS3 was notorious for being difficult to make games with. Its only expected that the PS4 using completely different CPU structure would have a difficult time trying to emulate games based around the PS3 Cell processor.

Ghost X

Just reading some early press reaction to this PS presentation. Apparently not showing what the console looked like and not giving a specific release date is a hugely bad thing, which should make headlines over the content of the presentation. I think they showed everything, but the console and specific released date. I don't see this as a remotely bad thing. Will the look of the console sell it to me? No. Will the specific release date sell it to me? No. Did that presentation sell it to me? Yes!

Worst part of the presentation was probably SE's announcement of an announcement by the "brand manager" or whatever his position was. Yeah, mate, how's that brand managing going? =p

Drax

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Benoist; Captain Highwind
Sony stock dives after PS4 conference

oC0OZ.gif

Dee

sweet dee
AKA
Bun, Academic
I also surprised about Naughty Dog not being there. Many would buy a PS4 if they release a title with it on launch date.

There was a bit of an announcement of UC4 in the Inside Gaming Daily video talking about tweets from Graham McTavish.

At this point, I think it's a little too early for Naughty Dog to release another despite them releasing three games within two years of each other. *shrug* Who knows.

Fighter

Pro Adventurer
They have a separate button for "share"... Am I the only one who is not in love with sticking "social" into fucking everything? "Here click this and spam all your friends! Twice more obnoxious for half the effort!"

You want to make more buttons make them fucking useful. Consoles have shitty menu systems and not enough hotkeys as is.

X-SOLDIER

Harbinger O Great Justice
AKA
X
@ Fighter: Honestly, I could give a shit less about being able to upload stuff to Facebook, as I barely use it anymore. That being said, I'm still VERY excited about the Share feature for let's plays, game sharing, and the way you're allowed to interact together with other gamers. Being able to sit in a game and watch other people, assisting people virtually, asking for help out to the net - it's all really neat. Since a ton of my friends don't live close enough to game with locally, bringing the virtual experience as close to playing in the same room with someone as possible has me absolutely thrilled.

X :neo:

Lex

Administrator
A headset will be bundled with PS4, enabling gamers to chat with friends during online gaming and to hear sound effects from the controller.

I am so fucking sold. If the headphone jack on the Controller wasn't enough already. This is frakkin awesome.

Top Bottom