• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

Playstation 5

Cat on Mars

Actually not a cat
Just a question.
50247233783_6d49d80922_b.jpg
Is that robot thing humping the controller?

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
how is it so hard to get backwards compatibility for at least ps1 and ps2 games at this point in time. can you not do software emulation for it, even if it won't work with every game. if my low powered old laptop can run ps1 and sometimes ps2 ones, surely a new console should be able to.

also make it work region free so i can play my japanese ps2 games without having to import/mod a console.

Mage

She/They
AKA
Mage
Yeah but that's Ubisoft talking, Ubisoft as in 'we don't have an issue with toxic culture', Ubisoft as in 'we totally pay taxes, lol', Ubisoft as in 'we have surprise mechanics because loot boxes are unethical', Ubisoft as in lying, cheating, trash, well you get the picture. They wouldn't support backwards compatibility unless it was monetised to shit.

Also, hello darlings. <3

Anyway no, I don't believe it will support backwards compatibility beyond PS4. I mean I predicted that so yay?

I wasn't expecting backwards compatibility beyond PS4, but this is still a bummer, especially since it doesn't seem like consoles will even have disc drives after this upcoming generation. In general, it just sucks that games get so bound to console generations (with the exception of PC releases, I suppose, and emulation). Remasters are better than nothing, but them being the only way to play older games on modern consoles is pretty obnoxious, and not all games get remastered - companies only remaster games that will sell.

"supported PlayStation 4 titles" is also a bit worrying - so, uh, which ones aren't going to work?

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
what i want to know is why can't i play the game archive versions of ps1 games on the ps4 (and i assume ps5 but i don't actually know)

you have this huge library of games just sitting there, waiting for you to make them compatible with the newer consoles. yet you don't, smh sony get it together

i just bought klonoa door to phantomile and i'm feeling bitter that i have to go all the way upstairs if i want to play it or any other game archives titles on a tv and not my ps vita

Top Bottom