Playstation 5

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
has anyone here done the ps+ upgrade from the regular subscription? there's a few games on the extra tiers that i'm interested in and paying the upgrade is cheaper than trying to buy them all (¥1,734 for the top tier and ¥1,174 for the middle one for 124 days). i kind of wanted to just try it for a month to see how it runs, in particular the cloud streaming, but i can't seem to see the option to just get a month's subscription. unless i wait until january when my current subscription runs out and just get it then for a month.

which i might do, because i already have a bunch of games to get through

Lulcielid

Eyes of the Lord
AKA
Lulcy
RUMOR: Sony to launch new PlayStation 5 with a detachable disc drive

The PlayStation 5 is set to get a unique overhaul in the middle of FY 2023, with the new console launching around September 2023, say sources.
Sources familiar with Sony’s plans have shared details under the condition of anonymity outlining the next iteration of the PlayStation 5. It’s been suggested that this new console will completely replace the A, B, and C chassis that have been in production since the console’s launch.
The console, currently named the D chassis PlayStation 5, will have almost identical hardware to the existing consoles already on the market.
The most surprising new feature of the new this new PS5 though, is that the console will have a detachable disk drive. The detachable disc drive will be connected to the PlayStation 5 using an extra USB-C port on the back of the console.

It’s understood that this new PlayStation 5 console will be sold on its own, or, in a bundle with the detachable disc drive. It’s also understood that the disc drives can also be purchased separately, so, if it gets busted, there’s no need to buy an entirely new console.
Sources have implied that although the new detachable disc drive is portable, it will not ruin the aesthetics of the console and will attach to it without looking external, presumably meaning the new PlayStation 5 will look similar to the existing model.

However, the new detachable disc drive could entail that the new iteration of the PlayStation 5 will be slimmer and lighter, which is something Sony has been trying to implement effectively with its latest PS5 models.
It’s understood that Sony is anticipating producing 18.5 million units of the new PlayStation 5 console in FY 2023 and only 12 million units of the A-C chassis consoles as they begin to be phased out.
Sony Interactive has reported that as of June 2022, the company has shipped over 21.7 million PlayStation 5 consoles. If these production figures are to be believed, it suggests that the company is expecting a significant ramp-up in the next couple of years as hardware components start to become more readily available.

---

Fear that this is Sony strategy to keep pushing driveless digital as the default console going forward until there's only digital machines.

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
why would you not make the vr2 compatible with the original vr games, are they just going to make new version you have to buy again

how is a detachable disc drive not going to ruin the look of the console, is there going to be some space or compartment it slots into

why are you doing this, sony

when you could be making me a new handheld console that plays psp and vita games

Lulcielid

Eyes of the Lord
AKA
Lulcy
The DualSense Edge controller will cost $199.99 USD/¥29,980 (including tax)/€239.99/£209.99.

FfWpC7TWIAE6LG5

Nanaki Skywalker

Kate Lord of the Sith
AKA
Tarkatan Trash
Hopefully this has a turbo function so I can boost my GFs in FF8.

No, I'm NOT going to cheat with HK Hyakuretsu Kyaku in Street Fighter games, I swear!

Lulcielid

Eyes of the Lord
AKA
Lulcy
Playstation Plus has lost nearly 2 millon users since its revamp.

However, despite the decline in subscribers, Sony’s Network services revenue – which encompasses PS Plus and advertising – actually increased by 10%, from ¥106 billion to ¥116 billion, making it the best quarter ever for subscription revenue.

But this means Sony has less PS+ subscribers paying more for the higher tier subs, imo not exactly a good look.

Top Bottom