SPOILERS Predictions for Part 2? (*Open Spoilers for Part 1*)

Jairus

Author of FFVII: Lifestream & FFVII: Reflections
I don't think Domino will be executed, I think he's actually going to become a somewhat recurring character. There'll be a point where the party regroups with the other Avalanche cell and he'll be there along with Biggs, and maybe those other members of Barret's Avalanche that he mentions during his scene with Cloud in the garden. If Wedge is dead, this is where the party finds out, and then I think that Domino and Biggs and whoever else will be running some side op kinda removed from what the main party is doing. If I had to big brain where the expanded role of Avalanche is going, I think the huge materia quest will be re contextualized into an all out war between Avalanche and Shinra. If Biggs is going to end up dying anyway, it'll happen while helping the arty secure one of the materia.
If Jessie and Wedge are actually alive, they could play a part in that, too (and that could also be where Jessie joins the group as a new PC, if SE decides to go that admittedly long shot route). And the trio need not necessarily die. Remember, the Whispers (OG Timeline Enforcers) are gone, so they would no longer be bound to their OG fates.

Last edited:
Reactions: LNK
I predict that Cosmo Canyon is going to become a massive information dump about planetology and the Ancients, WAY more so than it was in the original game. Considering how much knowledge the general populace of FFVIIR has already shown to have about planetology and the Ancients, Cosmo Canyon is going to step it up massively in order to stand out as a place of precious knowledge.

In the original game, we learn at the Cosmo Canyon about the spiritual nature of the lifestream. Optionally, we also learn an important theory about the Promised Land and we can also get to hear about the time that Gast visited Cosmo Canyon after he realized Jenova was not an Ancient.

In the Remake, I think we'll get exposition on most of the following topics:
- Spiritual nature of the lifestream
- The Promised Land
- Cetran history
- Weapon
- Zirconiade
- Jenova
- Professor Gast
- Black Materia & Meteor
- Omega & Chaos
- More summon lore
- EDIT: Oh and Avalanche of course.

Might even add White Materia & Holy up there, although I'm not sure how much it might disrupt the plot to highlight these so early. Some of the above will be optional but more lore dumps (and stuff like Elder Hargo's theory about the Promised Land) will become obligatory lectures here in FFVIIR.

Following the same vein of everybody knowing more stuff in FFVIIR than in the OG, I believe Aerith will confirm here that she knows Professor Gast to be her father. Her talking about her absent, dead father while everybody is around the Cosmo Candle might even act as a transition to the conversation becoming about Nanaki's father. How the game will handle the clumsy plot point of Bugenhagen having kept Nanaki in the dark about Seto for so long, I do not know.

There's just so much potential here for lore dumps and characters reacting to it. Heck, I wouldn't be surprised if the names Grimoire Valentine or even Lucrecia Crescent pops up in Cosmo Canyon's more esoteric texts. The original game's version of Cosmo Canyon has barely so much as a book shelf. They simply must add a huge library, containing both old books and scrolls, to Cosmo Canyon in FFVIIR.

Oh and let's not forget the hot springs. There is some slight ambiguity in the OG's unused text as to whether Cosmo Canyon contains any hot springs, but considering the bubbling hot lava in the Gi Cave I'm going to assume that Cosmo Canyon indeed has hot springs.

Prepare for the hot spring anime scenes!

Last edited:

Cannon_Fodder

Pro Adventurer
I think the observatory is going to be one hell of a view; maybe even the first time you get to take in the world in a bigger context than one area at a time. Really sell the idea of the whole planet being a living thing, and Cosmo Canyon being the place to study it.

We'll also get an answer to the mystery of how exactly Red XIII goes up and down ladders.

Last edited:

Dark and Divine

Pro Adventurer
AKA
D&D
I think the observatory is going to be one hell of a view; maybe even the first time you get to take in the world in a bigger context than one area at a time. Really sell the idea of the whole planet being a living thing, and Cosmo Canyon being the place to study it.

We'll also get and answer to the mystery of how exactly Red XIII goes up and down ladders.

Come to think of it, it would be nice if we could use the telescope to see the stars.

Not that it would serve any purpose, i just think that it would be a nice touch.

And maybe latter, it could be used to monitor Meteor.

LNK

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Nate

We'll also get and answer to the mystery of how exactly Red XIII goes up and down ladders.
Itd be really cool if we could look through a telescope to see the rest of Gaia's horizon (like in ff9)

Theozilla

Kaiju Member
I predict that Cosmo Canyon is going to become a massive information dump about planetology and the Ancients, WAY more so than it was in the original game. Considering how much knowledge the general populace of FFVIIR has already shown to have about planetology and the Ancients, Cosmo Canyon is going to step it up massively in order to stand out as a place of precious knowledge.

In the original game, we learn at the Cosmo Canyon about the spiritual nature of the lifestream. Optionally, we also learn an important theory about the Promised Land and we can also get to hear about the time that Gast visited Cosmo Canyon after he realized Jenova was not an Ancient.

In the Remake, I think we'll get exposition on most of the following topics:
- Spiritual nature of the lifestream
- The Promised Land
- Cetran history
- Weapon
- Zirconiade
- Jenova
- Professor Gast
- Black Materia & Meteor
- Omega & Chaos
- More summon lore
- EDIT: Oh and Avalanche of course.

Might even add White Materia & Holy up there, although I'm not sure how much it might disrupt the plot to highlight these so early. Some of the above will be optional but more lore dumps (and stuff like Elder Hargo's theory about the Promised Land) will become obligatory lectures here in FFVIIR.

Following the same vein of everybody knowing more stuff in FFVIIR than in the OG, I believe Aerith will confirm here that she knows Professor Gast to be her father. Her talking about her absent, dead father while everybody is around the Cosmo Candle might even act as a transition to the conversation becoming about Nanaki's father. How the game will handle the clumsy plot point of Bugenhagen having kept Nanaki in the dark about Seto for so long, I do not know.

There's just so much potential here for lore dumps and characters reacting to it. Heck, I wouldn't be surprised if the names Grimoire Valentine or even Lucrecia Crescent pops up in Cosmo Canyon's more esoteric texts. The original game's version of Cosmo Canyon has barely so much as a book shelf. They simply must add a huge library, containing both old books and scrolls, to Cosmo Canyon in FFVIIR.

Oh and let's not forget the hot springs. There is some slight ambiguity in the OG's unused text as to whether Cosmo Canyon contains any hot springs, but considering the bubbling hot lava in the Gi Cave I'm going to assume that Cosmo Canyon indeed has hot springs.

Prepare for the hot spring anime scenes!
Yeah, seeing if the Remake will attempt to explain Bugenhagen not having told Nanaki about his father is definitely something I am interested in.

FFXIV in Stormblood actually did a series of sidequests homaging the Nanaki storyline (with a Miqo'te male and tribe), and they way they handled it was by having the elder analogue to Bugenhagen actually not knowing about the fate the of the Seto-analogue father (and also not having a grandparent relationship to the Nanaki-analogue character).

But since FFVII Remake can't really make those changes it will be interesting to how/if the Remake tries to explain that issue.
But since

Mirage

Rookie Adventurer
I don't know if anyone posted this but here's some Part 2 predictions I find pretty interesting and could potentially be accurate (minus Aerith Lives maybe)

Roundhouse

Pro Adventurer
Okay, some of these are more hopes than predictions, but...

- Sephiroth is at every single location you visit. When you turn up to Costa Del Sol, he's casually chatting with a group of people on the beach while he sips from a glass with a little umbrella in it.

- It is revealed that Sephiroth travels through timelines. But where did he learn how to do it? He introduces you to his master, a figure lurking in the background. They slowly step forward, and you realise it is Genesis. He's grinning right at the camera. Sephiroth kneels to him with a 'what is thy bidding, my master', and Genesis cackles.

- They completely rewrite and change the story. Zack is the new main character after winning a popularity poll, while Cloud becomes his sidekick.

I'm hoping that Don Corneo will die in what I predict to be the obligatory Wutai scenario. Considering the countless young ladies he has most definitely used, abused and fed to Abzu over the years, it's just not enough to break his legs. Undo his survival as depicted in The Kids Are Alright and just have him straight up die.

Don Corneo is an opportunistic, manipulative bastard. Accordingly, he will take advantage of the current state of the world. If a war with Wutai breaks out (however briefly) in FFVIIR Part 2 or Part 3, Corneo would only seek asylum there if he was somehow convinced that Wutai would NOT be utterly destroyed by Shinra. Whatever it is that Avalanche HQ is cooking, Corneo will catch wind of this and realize Wutai is actually the better place to be.

In my headcanon, many of the Wutaian artifacts in Wall Market were stolen during the war with Wutai. Don Corneo will thusly have many of these artifacts shipped to Wutai and use them as payment to get himself a safe room in Wutai. Indeed, the payment will be enough that he can find a home for his new pet, Rapps. Another possibility is that Rapps is already a creature native to Wutai and that Corneo adopts the creature on the spot. He clearly knows a thing or two about raising giant monsters, so he might even adopt and train several of the anti-SOLDIER foes known as Vajradhara. Imagine having to fight two Vajradhara + Rapps at the same time!

Of course there's not a single soul in Wutai who would *actually* want the sleazy Corneo in their midst, but they can't turn down a deal where their cultural heritage is returned.

In my scenario where there is a climactic final battle in or near Wutai, Don Corneo and his anti-Shinra monsters will be one of the final- or penultimate obstacles before Cloud and the Turks move on to stop whatever disaster that Avalanche HQ is about to unleash. Don Corneo will then die horribly and I will love every moment of it.

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
Don Corneo can't die yet because Leslie Kyle has yet to light his mansion on fire with him in it and steal all his guns for revenge :monster:

He's shown to live post FFVII but be paralyzed from the waist down from the wall. Which is almost like death for the likes of him.

Roger

He/him
AKA
Minato
Don Corneo can't die yet because Leslie Kyle has yet to light his mansion on fire with him in it and steal all his guns for revenge :monster:

He's shown to live post FFVII but be paralyzed from the waist down from the wall. Which is almost like death for the likes of him.

He's happily married and only getting richer in the novel and Leslie only slightly inconveniences him, let's not kid ourselves.

Jairus

I read recently that Nomura was teasing that Part 2 won't necessarily go the way longtime vets think it will, that they they think they know how it'll go but the implication is that it won't. He didn't go much more into it than that, but it's interesting to hear that, especially in light of Kitase's contrasting statement. Just thought I'd share.

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
He's happily married and only getting richer in the novel and Leslie only slightly inconveniences him, let's not kid ourselves.

What? Don Corneo isn't married.

I don't know if I'd call one's entire mansion/hideout being burned down to the ground a slight inconvenience either. Given the fact he's now disabled and carrying far less influence in the city than he ever did before. Almost no one even lives in Wall Market anymore.

Pizzachu

SOLDIER Fan
I read recently that Nomura was teasing that Part 2 won't necessarily go the way longtime vets think it will, that they they think they know how it'll go but the implication is that it won't. He didn't go much more into it than that, but it's interesting to hear that, especially in light of Kitase's contrasting statement. Just thought I'd share.

Ooh, that would be interesting. Where did you read that?

Jairus

https://www.usgamer.net/articles/final-fantasy-7-remake-co-director-teases-future-changes

"At the very end of the documentary below, which sees directors, producers, and artists from Square Enix talking at length about how and why the remake came about, Tetsuya Nomura drops a pretty big teaser. "The longtime fans will certainly want to see the next developments too," said the co-director, referencing future installments in the Final Fantasy 7 Remake saga. "Even though they might think they know what comes next!" he added. "

That would seem to imply that we vets don't know what's going to happen next and that things will be different.

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
That's from March 16th, and is quoting the Remake documentary they did before release.

None of this is new. We already heard this before.

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
Seeing as how Kitase is in essence Nomura's boss, perhaps Kitase wants to put the breaks on making things too far off in reference to that sentiment, hence the statement he made later in the Ultimania interview. That's the only thing I can think of in terms of judging those two statements together.

Noble0ne

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Noble
Found it... We can post hopes for part 2 here as well right!?... Ima have to read the entire thread later but was looking for a already made thread

Top Bottom