SPOILERS Predictions for Part 2? (*Open Spoilers for Part 1*)

Saven

Pro Adventurer
I apologize if this has been talked about already, but something I've been thinking about lately is how Part 2 will open. It could open skipping the Midgar Wastelands and starting with the Nibelheim flashback. If they do that, there is a good chance that we will not even see the wastelands until must later in the series when you go back to Midgar.

I was thinking about how to start Part 2 with an exciting opening in that area and also one that could make sense narrative-wise. If what I think is true (that the Remake will be a melting pot) and will "Remake" iconic moments from other parts of the Compilation. I wouldn't be surprised if this happens going to Kalm and get to see those Whispers in the final battle in their true form:

Rose_of_Night

Pro Adventurer
Can we clarify the Lucrecia's relationship with Jenova Cells? I get her fetus/Sephiroth was injected, but she has the cells too, right?

IRL, during childbirth, a woman's bloodstream can come in contact with the child's, that's how AIDS and other bloodborne diseases can transmit from mother to child.
From there, assuming that some Jenova cells got passed to Lucrecia when Sephy was born gets easy

Sephiroth Crescent

Way Ahead of the Plot
I apologize if this has been talked about already, but something I've been thinking about lately is how Part 2 will open. It could open skipping the Midgar Wastelands and starting with the Nibelheim flashback. If they do that, there is a good chance that we will not even see the wastelands until must later in the series when you go back to Midgar.

I was thinking about how to start Part 2 with an exciting opening in that area and also one that could make sense narrative-wise. If what I think is true (that the Remake will be a melting pot) and will "Remake" iconic moments from other parts of the Compilation. I wouldn't be surprised if this happens going to Kalm and get to see those Whispers in the final battle in their true form:

Hmmmm, I wonder...

Might as well tell Cloud's Nibelheim Tale at a camp right there before reaching Kalm, similar to how FFX did with Tidus, no?
That would be a nice way of both starting with the flashback sequence, and not skip the wastelands. Could serve to give Kalm another function too.

Last edited:

Areega

Sephiroth's Best Friend
AKA
Ariga
I had a dream that part 2 would start at Kalm then skip to Junon. I hope that doesn't happen.

I predict that part 2 will probably end at Nibelheim. I thought the Northern Crater before, but I think that might be a bit too big. And I don't think it would feel right ending just after Aeris has her famous moment.

I think they can make a final dungeon and add in super-Sephiroth moments to make an ending in Nibelheim. And like in part 1 where we had Red as a guest character, we'd maybe get Vincent as a guest character.

Last edited:

Roundhouse

Pro Adventurer
With the whole Integrade info, how have your predictions changed, at all?

It looks like Yuffie is basically confirmed for P2 now, surely. I'm not expecting Vincent and Cid until P3, though. I feel like compilation stuff might become more important going forward, considering the big Ever Crisis project, too.

Kain424

Old Man in the Room
I've become a bit more convinced of my "Ultimate Edition Final Fantasy VII" theory. In addition to expanding Yuffie's backstory, they're doing even more to include various Compilation and extended universe lore into the major narrative. They were never going to please everyone, but I think this may be their best bet in attempting to do so. I still expect the main narrative of our heroes to follow in the path of the original title.

Roundhouse

Pro Adventurer
New prediction:

Yuffie, through her chaotic activities in Deepground, accidentally awakens the Balrog, aka Genesis. He stops Weiss from attacking her, and they agree to let her go as she is no real threat. Genesis senses Sephiroth, and is like 'I knew he was evil when he told me to go and rot', and now that Sephiroth is an enemy of the planet, as Barret says, Genesis decides that he must bring down his old friend. It's saddening, and not what Angeal would have wanted, but Weiss agrees to help his brother defeat Roth.

They fly out of Deepground like Kryptonians, searching for the evil aura of Roth, but instead they bump into Zack! This is when the ultimate team is formed...Genesis, Zack, Weiss. A team that strikes fear into even Sephiroth. He can easily handle Cloud and co, but this team is like the Avengers of VII. Sephiroth runs for his life and hides out in the crater, so basically we skip all the events of the og and go right to the end. Cloud and co are forgotten as our heroes, the ultimate team, descend into the crater to face Roth.

The final battle is an epic one, filled with sadness as friend faces friend. The ghost of Angeal arrives to cheer Zack on, and it is Genesis who finally defeats Roth and restores peace to the world. As he slowly settles back into his water cocoon, he grins, and says, 'do you think....I became a hero?'

Genesis becomes a fan favourite and in the years to come people look back on all the hate he recieved before the remake and find it baffling.

Wol

None Shall Remember Those Who Do Not Fight
AKA
Rosarian Shield
New prediction:

Yuffie, through her chaotic activities in Deepground, accidentally awakens the Balrog, aka Genesis. He stops Weiss from attacking her, and they agree to let her go as she is no real threat. Genesis senses Sephiroth, and is like 'I knew he was evil when he told me to go and rot', and now that Sephiroth is an enemy of the planet, as Barret says, Genesis decides that he must bring down his old friend. It's saddening, and not what Angeal would have wanted, but Weiss agrees to help his brother defeat Roth.

They fly out of Deepground like Kryptonians, searching for the evil aura of Roth, but instead they bump into Zack! This is when the ultimate team is formed...Genesis, Zack, Weiss. A team that strikes fear into even Sephiroth. He can easily handle Cloud and co, but this team is like the Avengers of VII. Sephiroth runs for his life and hides out in the crater, so basically we skip all the events of the og and go right to the end. Cloud and co are forgotten as our heroes, the ultimate team, descend into the crater to face Roth.

The final battle is an epic one, filled with sadness as friend faces friend. The ghost of Angeal arrives to cheer Zack on, and it is Genesis who finally defeats Roth and restores peace to the world. As he slowly settles back into his water cocoon, he grins, and says, 'do you think....I became a hero?'

Genesis becomes a fan favourite and in the years to come people look back on all the hate he recieved before the remake and find it baffling.
FFVII Remake: Downgrade

Ite

Save your valediction (she/her)
AKA
Ite
I've become a bit more convinced of my "Ultimate Edition Final Fantasy VII" theory.

They’re trying to have both at the same time, both an Ultimate FF7 Edition of Compilation Cohesiveness, AND an unchained new story that is free to huck it all for the purposes of expressing the artists’ current vision. In that way it reminds me of the Star Wars sequels.

Obsidian Fire

Ahk Morn!
AKA
The Engineer
Only if Geroge Lucas and everyone else who worked on the Original Star Wars Trilogy and the Prequels made the Sequels.

YMMV on if we would have gotten something better or worse than we did...

Reactions: Ite

Ite

Save your valediction (she/her)
AKA
Ite
Only if Geroge Lucas and everyone else who worked on the Original Star Wars Trilogy and the Prequels made the Sequels.

YMMV on if we would have gotten something better or worse than we did...

Oh don’t get me wrong, I think 7R also makes all the same mistakes of the Star Wars Special Editions, and, while we’re at it, most of the mistakes of the Prequels, and the Hobbit movies to boot. It’s a one-stop recapitulation of all my most loathed big budget disappointments.

jeangl123

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Jean
Time Stamp: 8:18
Wasn't sure where to post this but Genesis refers to Zack as a "Shinra Dog" in the Japanese version of Crisis Core. He also repeats it over and over again in the first boss battle against him at Modeoheim. We know that Barret calls Cloud "Stamp" because he suspects that he is loyal to Shinra.

If we look at the Japanese version of Chapter 1, Barret mostly says Cloud is a "dog" sent by Shinra, not stamp specifically. He does however ask if Cloud is a "loyal stamp dog" at 10:10 in the video.

The point of this is to say that the concept of Stamp seems to be derived directly from Crisis Core. Even though we never saw or heard about "Stamp" specifically, looking at Crisis Core may be useful for stamp part 2 theories.

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
Stamp's a Shinra military derived mascot, so of course that SOLDIER comparison will exist. Given the lack of existence of Stamp back when Crisis Core was created, I'm unsure what connection you're expecting CC to give.

Symbolic connections would naturally exist given Stamp was created for the Remake with that SOLDIER/CC imagery in mind, but I don't see what meaning or useful information can be derived looking directly at Crisis Core for meaning when it comes to Stamp, a product of the Remake. It simply didn't exist in that game and "meaning" doesn't necessarily come from both directions.

jeangl123

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Jean
True. I was mainly trying to point out the correlation between how Barret and Genesis see Shinra. However, Aerith also mentioned Stamp in her anniversary monologue from 30th anniversary exhibition back in 2018. The line was "Stamp you're gone too..." The only stamp I think she could be referring to, since she mentions stamp separately from Zack, is the Angeal copy she had as a pet. She kept it for four years so she probably would have named it, and she used it to send Zack her final letter. The dog ends up fading in the end as well.

I could be reaching with all this, but with the Stamp and Zack "the puppy" connection in the song, there does seem to be more to it than just symbolic connections. The Japanese version of the stamp song apparently even references Zack's living legacy line.

jeangl123

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Jean
What I get from all this is that someone at SE really likes dogs. Zack definitely has puppy vibes. Sephiroth is definitely a cat, though.
You know what this is probably it lol, but I did read that it could possibly be a reference to the Hachiko dog.

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
The Japanese version of the stamp song apparently even references Zack's living legacy line.
Can you elaborate here? The closest to a possible reference I can see is 正義の証 ("proof of justice") as a possible very loose reference to Zack's 生きた証 ("living proof," a.k.a. "living legacy"). That seems like stretching it a bit, though.

jeangl123

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Jean
Can you elaborate here? The closest to a possible reference I can see is 正義の証 ("proof of justice") as a possible very loose reference to Zack's 生きた証 ("living proof," a.k.a. "living legacy"). That seems like stretching it a bit, though.
Yeah that's the line. I'm not certain about this since I saw it in a comment, but it said that the lyric in the Japanese references stamp's collar as a proof of justice but the The word "証" has different meanings depending on context. The meanings being either "proof" or "evidence" which is why they thought it wasn't a coincidence since the construct is the same. I don't speak Japanese so I don't know if it's a stretch or not.

Top Bottom