• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

Report Bugs

Lex

Administrator
There's a 15 character limit on the AKA field yeah, this is the case even if admin are editing profiles (i.e. if we need to change someone's username and they have more than 15 characters in their AKA field it won't let us change it).

The AKA field is now supposed to contain your most used name or the name you're most known by (if it's different from your username), and it should stay the same. In your case Marcus since your username IS your most used name, I'd either change your AKA field to Marcus or delete it.

Lulcielid

Eyes of the Lord
AKA
Lulcy
Not sure if this could be called a bug...

There seens to be a delay (of either hours) in the alert notification pop up for threads I'm watching (sometimes the notification not poping up at all). However, this problem seens to not exist for threads I created/posted on.

Lex

Administrator
Yo all,

Need someone with a good grasp of CSS to help out with this one, my brain is fried.

Our issues with Reddit embeds are caused by the site not having a proper CSS wrapper. Reddit supports oEmbed (which all the major social media sites support) meaning you can drop a link to a comment or post and it'll auto-embed in the post. But our CSS looks like this for reddit:

1557959784720.png

Cursory google searches don't help. The rest of the social media sites are populated with appropriate CSS that obviously tell the comment how to wrap. We need it to work on TLS's dark background, so if someone can knock something up I'll fire it in and try it out :)

Fangu

Great Old One
Quickest solution, given that that template accepts CSS straight up:

CSS:
.card.reddit .reddit-post {
    background: #fff;
}

Will only make the background of the "card" white, but not much else. I'm not a designer so if I was to suggest something I'd get stuck in the infinite loop of trying and failing and never be happy so I'll refrain from that :P

X-SOLDIER

Harbinger O Great Justice
AKA
X
Quickest solution, given that that template accepts CSS straight up:

CSS:
.card.reddit .reddit-post {
    background: #fff;
}

Will only make the background of the "card" white, but not much else. I'm not a designer so if I was to suggest something I'd get stuck in the infinite loop of trying and failing and never be happy so I'll refrain from that :P

We could just make the text colour match what we have on TLS for a likely better option with the dark background. :mon:

X :neo:

Lex

Administrator
Testing

https://www.reddit.com/r/csshelp/comments/19jj4d/_/c8ol4qq
OK so jah, that works fangu <3

(Thanks for the offer aswell Radigar)

We should test all the embeds actually. The following are supported:

1558025060172.png

The more text-ey ones could be doing with a bit of TLS-ifying, if someone is willing. I'll see if the backend provides easy access to the hex of the colours we use (it should, because I built it that way lol)

EDIT: Never mind, oEmbed overwrites it. Sites don't like their styles being overwritten apparently :P

Last edited:

Lulcielid

Eyes of the Lord
AKA
Lulcy
Will post it here because I don't think it's worth making a separate topic for this simple request.

Could we add the function of thread creators being able to edit the title of said threads? Other XenForo sites have that as a feature.

Lex

Administrator
Will post it here because I don't think it's worth making a separate topic for this simple request.

Could we add the function of thread creators being able to edit the title of said threads? Other XenForo sites have that as a feature.

We can but my preference would be to limit this to a trusted user group. Something we could maybe implement by post count or something similar.

Claymore

3x3 Eyes
Did we ever find out why, when you click on going to the last post in a thread, most times it will latch on to some embedded instagram or twitter instead within that page? It still happens but I keep forgetting to mention it.

X-SOLDIER

Harbinger O Great Justice
AKA
X
It's all to do with how it places your focus on the page before the embedded media items render.

It's initially placed correctly when you get to the page. The page size changes and pushes content down as the Twitter / IG items load. Your focus stays placed the same distance from the top, even as the page gets longer. That's just kind how it works. Mildly annoying, but it's just how it works. Not really sure if there's anything that can be done about it.

X :neo:

Lex

Administrator
Technically fixable if you set pages to only load "in full", but that would be shitty for people on poor connections so it's not a common option.

If there's any solace it's that the jumping down will always mean your page is sitting on an older post rather than a new one you haven't seen yet.

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
^Is that actually an option? I thought the Instagram embeds and the like only render on the client's browser, so when you get the initial HTML it's just a link but then the JS takes over and turns it into an embed. But I could be wrong, I'm making assumptions instead of looking at the code itself.

Lex

Administrator
I'm sure there's a backend option to turn on full page loads but I wouldn't enable it. I remember there even being a warning that it would be a bad choice for those on say mobile connections (though this may change in the future).

Fangu

Great Old One
What do you mean by 'full page load' though? I'd think you load the same amount of external resources, the only difference being the time - as in the way you'd get around it is setting a waiting timer for the 'scroll to this place' number to be calculated. Normally you'd put like a waiting/loading spinner while the page was loading the external stuff.

Lulcielid

Eyes of the Lord
AKA
Lulcy
A "solution" to that would be posting them inside spoiler tags, this would prevent page size changes as the embed link renders and only change when the user opens it.

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
What do you mean by 'full page load' though?

I think the idea there is that, via an artificially induced lag of sorts, nothing happens for the viewer until everything at the new page has finished loading.

A "solution" to that would be posting them inside spoiler tags, this would prevent page size changes as the embed link renders and only change when the user opens it.
Wouldn't that defeat the point of embedding vs. providing a link, though?

Fangu

Great Old One
I think the idea there is that, via an artificially induced lag of sorts, nothing happens for the viewer until everything at the new page has finished loading.
Right, getcha. So the page loads all external components, calculates their height THEN sets the scroll to-number and shows the content. And if you're on mobile/ low speed Internet that process might take longer time. The thought didn't occur to me right away as mobile networks here are really fast. I thought it was something like "it loads more so it costs more", as it read "full page" (vs non full page?)

Cat on Mars

Actually not a cat
Notifications don't show when I log in, just when I'm online. For what is worth, this is happening in other forums using Xenforo.

Top Bottom