Resident Evil Series

looneymoon

they/them
AKA
Rishi
I watched the first episode of the new RE series as wasn't impressed at all. It's got a tacky Netflix-original quality that I don't really vibe with.

It doesn't help I'm watching it concurrently with Stranger Things season 4. It kind of feels the Resident Evil show is trying really hard to hook that market onto something similar.

These are just first impressions tho. I'll stick with it just to form a more concrete opinion.

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
Considering how much it's been mauled online, I'm not surprised.

I don't know why Netflix even bothers making series when 2/3rds of them just die lol

Clement Rage

Pro Adventurer
I got three episodes in and gave up. It wasn't as bad as I expected, but I still couldn't finish. I suppose the business model works, because I wouldn't have watched it otherwise, but given the cancellation, maybe not.

Lulcielid

Eyes of the Lord
AKA
Lulcy
At Tokyo Game Show Capcom just confirmed that RE4Remake will also come to PS4.

Fcs9C2VXkAgZLn0

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
Where the hell can I pre-order it??

They said you could but I'm not seeing it anywhere.

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
Pre-ordered the collector's edition.

I have to say, Capcom's collector's editions have been straight up winners since RE7. Like, they know exactly what to include and the figures are not cheap. They're actually really fucking good quality! I skipped the RE2 Remake CE because I had hope they'd remake RE4 and I'd prefer that Leon statue to the RE2 one, and I'm glad my gamble paid off :monster:

Clement Rage

Pro Adventurer
How's that any different from shooting him with the guns?

Means you have to fight differently and avoid getting close. More risk of being decapitited. Like in Resi 2, if you don't have a QTE to get out of being grabbed, you have to play differently.

D

Deleted member 13557

Only thing I’m not 100% feeing is Ada’s voice, but even then it’s still fine. Being super nitpicky here only because everything looks so awesome.

Love how the first Ganado encounter in the trailer shows you its head barely hanging on because of the parasite. New models for different stages of infection is very cool.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member 13557

Aww, that defeats the point of the chainsaw guy. He's supposed to make you go 'oh crap, not you' and run away.
The knife has a durability bar so it’s probably not something you can do all the time, unless if you want the knife to break and take a chainsaw to the face

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
Another rerelease that doesn't have the content on disc but on a download vaoucher.
when square rereleased ffxiii-2 on the ps3 with an extra disk containing most of the dlc i thought/hoped maybe more publishers would make physical releases for additional content available

anyway that is the last example i can think of that isn't a remaster on a different console (goty editions might? but i never got any of those)

Top Bottom