Resident Evil Series

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
I'm glad they're reusing that corporate slogan for Umbrella.

"Our business is life itself."

Always felt that one was the right mix of subtlty and corporates branding that sounded realistic :monster:

Lulcielid

Eyes of the Lord
AKA
Lulcy
More details from showrunner Andrew Dabb:
  • It’s a “sequel” to the games, set in 2022 & 2036.
  • “The games are the backstory,” Dabb said. “So everything that happened in the games happened in this world in the timeline that it happened.” So if something happened in a game released in 1998, like Raccoon City being nuked, in this world, that happened also in 1998.
  • Wesker is resurrected after the volcano.
  • The past in this show’s timeline is the first “future” of the timeline to the games, set in 2022 where seemingly Umbrella has returned again & a New Raccoon City has been built.
  • The future in the show is 2036, where it appears the world has become post-apocalyptic.

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
Wesker resurrected???

LMFAO oh wow.

You know, that's fucking hilarious given the fact that Umbrella Corps sorta teases that possibility. The unknown executive in charge of the corporation is voiced by D.C. Douglas, makes very interesting Wesker references and has numerous mannerisms that point to him. But they never outright confirm who he is.

Clement Rage

Pro Adventurer
The sheer lack of creativity is mindboggling. Let's make a new city called Raccoon City, and let's release the T virus into it, and the Umbrella corp is somehow back! Also let's bring back Wesker...because... why?

It's the worst of both worlds, a mindless repetition that isn't even a reboot. They can't even come up with new names.

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
Really making a lot of assumptions there.

We have no idea if it's the T-Virus. It's an antidepressant and anxiolytic drug that has side effects. Whether it comes from the Tyrant Virus remains to be seen.

And Raccoon City serving as the inspiration for another Umbrella owned company town in the distant future isn't that surprising. This is obviously a future where they clearly got away and rebuilt themselves so, they're branding themselves like the glory days. Seeing a distant future ruled by Umbrella is a pretty unique idea. It certainly isn't one we've seen except briefly in the Anderson movies.

Weaker coming back to life isn't that surprising either given he may already be alive post RE5 already.

Clement Rage

Pro Adventurer
I mean, they literally say 'the drug contains the T virus' in the trailer. And those zombies came from somewhere.

Would be an interesting subversion though. The drug works completely fine, it's an office romcom in the Umbrella corporation where their PR dept can't figure out why no one trusts their product, just because it previously killed 200,000 people.

Edit: I will give them Lance Reddack's incredibly dramatic voice. But if this is the game timeline, this means someone decided to rebuilt a town and call it Raccoon City. Might as well make a nuclear reactor and call it Chernobyl 2.

Last edited:

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
This is... Wild. It feels so strange seeing RE4 like this.

The atmosphere is so different, yet the setting is so familiar. So familiar because we've seen it for so long on so many platforms, however you can tell already the horror aspect is getting turned up significantly here.

It's going to feel so different now. I'm so used to witty, wisecracking B-movie badass Leon in this not as scary story. It's going to be a whole new experience with them really leaning into the horror aspect here.

Also, a RE4 with no QTEs is going to feel like another universe. LMFAO wow.

Overall it looked awesome. This is going to be an instant preorder when possible. I'm feeling it.

looneymoon

they/them
AKA
Rishi
I am very excited about this, but also antsy because I love RE4 so much...

...but mostly? I'm wondering where the Village DLC is :'(

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
Damn it feels good to be a RE fan :monster:

Capcom knew EXACTLY what they needed to do to make me pick up RE8 Mercenaries Mode :awesome:

looneymoon

they/them
AKA
Rishi
I am SO glad that the DLC isn't just Chris going big gun mode (tho lbr I'd still be excited if that was the case).

Capcom heard the cries for more mommy and daddy and they delivered.

Now hopefully at some point jn the future they'll give us more Jill and Carlos :'(

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
Pretty badass that they'd give us Rose's story as the DLC. No one saw that coming, they thought that'd be RE9 or something.

I'm very curious where they go with it. It looks like it'll be an awesome fusion of House Dimitrescu and Beneviento all at once. That's gonna be wild.

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
If the release of RE4 Remake comes with a Leon statue collectors edition, I'm 100% buying it.

If it comes with an Ada statue I'm 1000% buying it. :monster:

Lulcielid

Eyes of the Lord
AKA
Lulcy
Netflix's Resident Evil reviews are out:

* IGN: 7/10
* Gamespot: 9/10
* The Telegraph: 4/5
* Collider: D
* Flickeringmyth: Neither good nor bad, still the best live action RE adaptation yet.
* Inverse: Better than expected. Best adaptation, yet.
* Slashfilm: High production values, medium storytelling. A bingeable thriller.
* The verge: Derivative and forgetable.
* Polygon: Boring.

Show will be on Nextflix in just two days (July 14).

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
Really don't know why people are mauling this RE series, so far it's actually pretty awesome. Finished the first 3 episodes and it's legit LOL

Top Bottom