SPOILERS Saying farewells to Jairus/Trying to make sense of it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cat on Mars

Actually not a cat
I don't want to be "that" guy, but I haven't played the remake yet and I've done a good job of dodging spoilers...can you use spoiler tags please if it won't ruin the fun? :)
Sorry! I haven't played it yet but I don't care about spoilers so that never crossed my mind. I'll do it the next time.
@The Twilight Mexican can you add a "spoilers" tag to the title please?

Rydeen

In-KWEH-dible
It's not quite SY energy as he has never professed to being quite literally married to Jessie, but I really hope it doesn't get to that point. It definitely got worse as time went on, and I probably could have responded more compassionately, but I just got really fed up at a certain point.

Does the what happens at X stays at X rule apply here? It's twitter's problem now.
I don't recall personally interacting with the guy and I'm not excusing his behaviour but I don't think a 4 page dissection is doing anyone any favours. It's all very sad.

If he made a dupe once, chances are he will continue to not accept it. That being said, it's still probably not productive, no.

Prism

Pro Adventurer
AKA
pikpixelart
Yes, going too far in the long run is not ideal by any means. This shouldn't become an Encyclopedia Dramatica-style thread where we dedicate a thread to bashing him, that's just cruel - and doesn't help him in the slightest. So, I'm glad this was brought up, and apologize it wasn't dictated sooner. I had the thought that "I hope this doesn't continue for a while after this" earlier.

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
That's a pretty harsh comparison. I mean, having a laugh at the absurdity of the situation is a far cry from open derision, death threats and doxxing. I'm hoping we're not doing that, right? At the end of the day, he's going to live his best life and no amount of wishing, hoping or pleading is going to change him.

Anyways, I will say this. Obsessive behavior and fixation such as this thrives on the normalization, accommodation and ostracization others lend to the person exhibiting it. It unconsciously reinforces and emboldens their lifestyle and behavior, lending it credence and tacit support. The obsession serves as a shield and a barrier to push people away. And as shown by what happened here, an incrimentalist or gentle approach does absolutely nothing because it simply won't dissuade them from retreating inward and digging deeper into their new self made identity. At this point, they just don't see it as a problem. It's their security blanket. It's their method of coping with stress, anxiety or any other negative situation that they may find themselves in, and it's far more safe than anything else.

More than likely, they're not going to stop and we will see more of this in the future. Even with him being banned here, we'll be seeing him around in any space that's devoted to FFVII and where Jessie gets brought up. And it'll probably escalate, especially when Part 2 comes closer to release. This won't be the last we see of him. So we're just going to have to deal with it.

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
And at the end of the day, Jairus isn't even the worst that the FFVII fandom has given us in terms of obsessive fans.

At least he's never hurt anyone (to our knowledge).

Thankfully, FFVII fandom has never had another "Jenny-nova" or "Hojo." Those were an example of obsession crossing over into active harm. SY's and Jairus are mere oddities and annoyances compared to outright predators with delusional disorders.

...I wonder what it is about FFVII that attracts obsessive people, though?

Cat on Mars

Actually not a cat
Thankfully, FFVII fandom has never had another "Jenny-nova" or "Hojo." Those were an example of obsession crossing over into active harm. SY's and Jairus are mere oddities and annoyances compared to outright predators with delusional disorders.
That was a way to scam people using FFVII as hook, nothing else.
There's been a lot of scams like that one in the last decade, from cartoons to videogames. Google is your friend. :monster:

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
Oh, It definitely was a scam, but I don't think it's necessarily precludes them from ever actually holding those delusional beliefs at the same time. Either they were the most dedicated method actors who should probably have devoted that energy to theatre or Hollywood, or they just were scummy delusional individuals who wanted to live their best life at the expense of others. Either way, that speaks to large degree of dysfunction that is centered around a dysfunctional relationship and obsession with FFVII as a whole.

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
They moved on, yeah. And that's actually typical of obsessions.

As dedicated or devoted someone may become towards an obsession, they inevitably suck it dry and move onto the next object of fixation. The obsessions changes with time, because they're essentially a reflection of the desire to escape reality and seek novelty.

KindOfBlue

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Blue
I have no idea who/what these people are but I’m sure I’m in for a treat when I look into it. I imagine a dedicated “happenings”/“drama” thread would probably be in poor taste, but I’m sure I’ll learn about the more colorful characters of this fandom as time goes on. I’ve been a FF7 fan for about four months now and so far it’s been...enlightening to say the least. It’s mostly endearing to see how much passion people have for this franchise but, well, as a wise ex-soldier once said...“get help.”

Odysseus

Ninja Potato
AKA
Ody
I have no idea who/what these people are but I’m sure I’m in for a treat when I look into it. I imagine a dedicated “happenings”/“drama” thread would probably be in poor taste, but I’m sure I’ll learn about the more colorful characters of this fandom as time goes on. I’ve been a FF7 fan for about four months now and so far it’s been...enlightening to say the least. It’s mostly endearing to see how much passion people have for this franchise but, well, as a wise ex-soldier once said...“get help.”
Here's a summery of the FF7 relevant one

Torrie

astray ay-ay-ay
Here's a summery of the FF7 relevant one
Thanks for sharing it. It's the first time I've ever heard of those people. The further I watched, the more appalled I was at how harmful and destructive one's obsession may become, especially topped with obvious mental issues. Sure we all experience fanaticism to some extent because it's either an outlet for whatever emotions we need to let out, or a substitution for situations we'd like to be involved in, but self-awareness is crucial, and its absence and the level of fixation on particular ideas make me so so sad.

Cat on Mars

Actually not a cat
Here's an abridged version of the video posted above.

For anyone interested, here's the whole story. It's a long read.
If you don't like reading, here's a dramatic reading of the event:

Now I'm going to do my thing and post cursed images in this thread.
Jennifer Cornet 01.jpg
thesame Jen.jpg
Jennifer Cornet aka Jenova, Tattlecrime, Sephiroth, Syndrome, Kuja, President Shinra and many other alias. She's been involved with the Hannibal fandom and generated yet another scam with her Tatle-crime group. She does (or did, they might have expired) have warrants out for her arrest in the states of Pennsylvania and Arizona.
And there's more, but this is the important stuff people should know. She's a serial scammer and changes names all the time. The "Final Fantasy House" story is so insane that needs to be known. Many people have no clue about it and that's how these scams happen, with unsuspecting people.

Last edited:

Master Bates

Do you enjoy your life?
AKA
Mr. Koiwai
Okay, I didn't want to join in this Jairus discussion or whatever because I can't deal with that right now but yesterday when I was looking for Tifa fanarts on twitter (don't have a twitter account, btw, so I don't know exactly how twitter works except for the basic search), I saw Jairus arguing with Tifa fans in a Tifa thread and I just... why?! Why does it feel like he's everywhere?!

Then I read the latest posts in this thread and I'm utterly stunned to see how deep this rabbit hole goes. With my mental and emotional state right now, I didn't need to know all of this. It's actually scaring me for a reason. I just want to fan in peace. But my curiosity is also killing me and now I kinda want to dig a little more at the expense of my sanity. Idk, idk... this incident is so confusing to me, my mind can't wrap itself around it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom