Sephiroth: What the fuck happened?

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
Re: Sephiroth: What the fucked happened?

[quote author=Makoeyes987 link=topic=272.msg17680#msg17680 date=1234563106]
Jenova's already dead.

How would they bring her back? And how is she stronger than Sephiroth if she's been dominated by Sephiroth?
[/quote]

Oh was she? It might've been Jen dominating Seph pretending to dominate Jen to make Jen look lamer than she r'lyeh is! Ha ha! Plot twist!

Doesn't really matter, Cthulhu's doing everything, Jen's just a puppet too. If she had text in any of the Compilation titles, it would spell "IÄ, IÄ, CTHULHU FHTAGN!"

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal

Oh god, that sounds like something out of a bad M. Night Shyamalan movie...

Cthulhu would make an awesome addition to the Compilation.

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal

What the frack does that mean? :duhard:

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop

[quote author=Masamune link=topic=272.msg17697#msg17697 date=1234565233]
Jenova's never dead until CTHULHU allows it.
[/quote]

fixxed. Cthulhu's dead too, but it makes Him all the more awesome. :monster:.

Masamune

Fiat Lux
AKA
Masa

[quote author=Makoeyes987 link=topic=272.msg17698#msg17698 date=1234566010]
What the frack does that mean? :duhard:
[/quote]

I thought it was pretty self-explanatory. :D

[quote author=Cthulhu]Cthulhu's dead too, but it makes Him all the more awesome.[/quote]

No one cares about your false god!

OWA-2

Pro Adventurer

They are just god-like tentacle monsters from space.
It all ends in gruesome and disgusting sex. :monster:

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop

[quote author=Masamune link=topic=272.msg17716#msg17716 date=1234568690]
He sounds it, from the way You speak.
[/quote]

:bigmonster:

littlemoogle

Lv. 25 Adventurer

[quote author=Makoeyes987 link=topic=272.msg6537#msg6537 date=1231358355]
Well, we all know what happened. It's the why and how that's the interesting part. :monster:

With Crisis Core, we saw a side to Sephiroth that has never been shown before in FFVII. Sephiroth as not only a human being, but a rather nice and warm hearted one towards his friends. We see him smile, laugh, joke and even get anecdotal evidence of the types of games and stuff he'd do with his friends.

Sephiroth is shown to value his interpersonal relationships (few as they may seem) and even specifically requests Zack to go along with him to Nibelheim because he sees him as a friend and worthy comrade.

But all of that amounted to shit when he finally loses his mind, knowing the truth about his birth. He changes. The once hero and friend to Zack not only murders and burns down the village, but tries to kill his friend. And even smiles wickedly while doing so.

Do you think it was his true nature, this violent, cruel streak? Or do you think it was something that was created when he lost his mind? And do you think he'd still be the good, heroic person he was known for, had he never discovered the truth behind his birth?
[/quote]

Sephiroth had to be ruthless in his job. Sephiroth was a soldier and he had less compassion than the average.

Remember when Zack didn't want to kill his friend, Sephiroth was more than happy to, because it was part of his job.

Sephiroth was probably always a ruthless, violent person during combat but like Crisis Core shown, he had a nice side during normal situations but once he discovered the truth, Sephiroth transformed.

littlemoogle

Lv. 25 Adventurer

I cant remember the words to quote it but if you've played CC you should know.

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets

[quote author=littlemoogle link=topic=272.msg22634#msg22634 date=1235511287]
I cant remember the words to quote it but if you've played CC you should know.
[/quote]

Well, from your quote you make it sound as if Sephiroth was more than happy to kill his friend (which he wasn't). Unless you meant when Zack didn't wanna do it, Seph was more than happy "too".

Cat Rage Room

Great Old One
AKA
Mog

There are no simple words to quote it; Sephiroth was concerned about Genesis and Angeal the whole game. He turned down the various orders to hunt them down, and he even pawned off the mission to Zack to avoid it (and in the hopes that Zack would be able to bring them back). Even when he did meet Genesis, he didn't even bother to fight him or anything.

Sephiroth's entire mood was dominated by the concern and hestitancy to have to fight his two friends.

littlemoogle

Lv. 25 Adventurer

Well i think this is the point with CC, it shows so many sides of Sephiroth we haven't seen before and scenes we couldn't of dreampt of in our whilst dreams.

When Sephiroth was battling with Genesis and Angeal, both of them couldn't match his true power and i think even there he could probably have finished them if he really wanted, right there on Junon Cannon, but because they were his friends, he didn't. But that was before Sephiroth lost it when he found his true identity, which i think made him even more angry and powerful.

CC had some pretty awesome scenes IMO, didn't think the gameplay was great, but the FMV scenes were out of this world.

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal

They weren't really on the Junon Cannon though.

And really, back then, Genesis was equal to Sephiroth. Genesis was clearly putting up a good fight and wasn't going to be finished off, easily.

littlemoogle

Lv. 25 Adventurer

How do you mean they weren't on the Junon Cannon?

That's a fair point, Genesis really did put up a major fight, i think it was to try and impress everyone around him and prove to himself he was as good as Sephiroth.

Top stuff. I feel like watching the fmv again now :P

Dark and Divine

Pro Adventurer
AKA
D&D

[quote author=littlemoogle link=topic=272.msg22669#msg22669 date=1235513523]
How do you mean they weren't on the Junon Cannon?[/quote]

That was just a digital simulation of the Junon Canon, wich functions kinda like the X-Men's Danger Room.

littlemoogle

Lv. 25 Adventurer

Well, yeah, i actually had a question about that i was meaning to ask.

Do they control how powerful someone is when it's simulated? Or did they get some of Sephiroths cells for example when Zack was simulated against him so it's like the real thing?

Dark and Divine

Pro Adventurer
AKA
D&D

I think that a person's simulation is based on data recorded from battles in wich he/her was involved, and than uploaded into the simulation of the person in question.

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal

The simulation technology is based on materia. In essence, it's a materia/magical projection based on the recorded experiences and digitized data of the person.

God Hand

Lv. 1 Adventurer

Hi everyone. 1st time post here. Anyway one thing I don't understand about Sephiroth is that he honestly had no idea about teh experiments that made him?

In CC he seems really well informed about Project G, and often explains stuff to Zack about G-soldiers, degeneration etc etc. He believes that he is stronger than Angeal and Genesis, and know that Shinra's crazy human experiments made them, so why does he go so ape-shit when he is told by Genesis that he too is the product of experiments?

I understand that he has issues about himself and his position in the world but surely an intelligent person, and nearly everyone argees that Sephiroth is highly intelligent would have put 2 and 2 together?
Angeal and Genesis = products of human experiments = super strong soldiers
Sephiroth = super strong soldier = product of human experiments.

Maybe I am the only one who thinks that perhaps he could have figured it out himself?

Arianna

Holy, Personified
AKA
Katie; Seta.

[quote author=God Hand link=topic=272.msg25700#msg25700 date=1236016882]
Hi everyone. 1st time post here. Anyway one thing I don't understand about Sephiroth is that he honestly had no idea about teh experiments that made him?[/quote]

I think it's always been something he'd been mulling around in his head.

When he started learning about Project G, I'm sure he was closer to the truth - and he knew it.

Perhaps he was either ignoring (or, at least trying to ignore) the parts that were too personal, or he was not able to find direct proof - but it was coming to him.

Top Bottom