Significant Differences Between English and Japanese

Eerie

Fire and Blood
Apparently, they also have changed the sounds FX when he's having a "wrong" or modified memory:

Walkthroughs in PS5 are nearly damn impossible to find. I think because gamers completed it last year, they don't want to come back to it. We have to find the fans who're uploading this now. I'm afradi I won't be able to see it for myself in French, the Intermission chapters aside :(

Dark and Divine

Pro Adventurer
AKA
D&D
So I don't know if we need a new thread for this but changes between PS4 and PS5 versions, apparently the Nibelheim flashback is longer and the choice for one of Tifa's dresses has been changed from mature to refined? I don't have the PS5 version myself but has anyone picked up on any other changes?

Nibelheim Flashback @27:21

I can't seem to remember in which chapter is Tifa's dress choice, but that channel has an Intergrade Playthrough up until Chapter 9, so maybe someone who remembers can find that scene and confirm the change. :monster:

Eerie

Fire and Blood
I have to say, the French translation of Barret being annoyed by the chocobos at the end of Intermission is the best translation ever:

Also his line when Aerith says "It's odd I feel like a knot" in French is "c'est normal, c'est parce que t'as la dalle !" sounds just extra (because it rythms haha).

KindOfBlue

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Blue
As funny as it would be to hear English Barret yelling “kweh” it just sounds awkward as hell in English lol something about onomatopoeia just doesn’t always translate well to English, like I would’ve had no idea Aerith was mocking Corneo after the Abzu fight had I not watched the clip of Briana White explaining it

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
Sephiroth to Cloud:

Fate is not to be taken lightly, Cloud.

Come, Cloud...

Have we forgotten already? The weakness within.

The planet will claim you.

Do I frighten you?

Sephiroth to Aerith:

What hope have you?

Can you not see your future?

You cannot change it.

Sephiroth to Tifa:

Begone.

Away.

Leave.

Sephiroth says other things, but those are generic and said throughout the entire fight like.. "Will you weep for me?"

If Sephiroth utilizes "Fire Infusion" to create a wall of fire around you or does "Hell's Gate" on Aerith specifically, he will say.. "Ohhhhh, the memories..."

Take that as you will.

null

Mr. Thou
AKA
null
I feel like Sephiroth should have better disses for Tifa by now. At least recognize her as another attack vector on Cloud's psyche, and not an NPC scrub.

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
Barret gets no special treatment T__T

What sort of attack is Hell's gate?

Oh, just a certain attack that hypothetically sends a person to hell :monster:

I feel like Sephiroth should have better disses for Tifa by now. At least recognize her as another attack vector on Cloud's psyche, and not an NPC scrub.

Maybe that's why he's telling her to go away? lol

"Stop. Leave. Go away! Don't help him remember who he is! You're ruining everything!"

KindOfBlue

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Blue
Wouldn’t that depend on how aware Sephiroth is of specifically Tifa’s role in restoring Cloud? Because if Sephiroth knows the future but doesn’t know every exact step, maybe he’d still regard her as a nuisance who just happened to be in the way?

Top Bottom