So, what do you think the LTD conclusion is? (Round 2)

Who does Cloud love?

• Aerith

Votes: 20 14.2%
  • Tifa

Votes: 121 85.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryushikaze

Deus Admiral Parsimonious, PHD, DDS, MD, JD, OBE
AKA
Tim, Ryu
lol Jesse has a red arrow to Cloud, does that mean she likes him?

Yes/

I think that was already stated in an interview once. The classic, "Everyone woman falls for the hero" schtick that befalls many a RPG. :monster:

That Priscilla girl in lower Junon that is part of the CPR mini game apparently had a crush on Cloud as well.

Keryep.

Oh yeah I forgot that part. :monster:

When you find her on the pillar steps and she's like, "I'm glad I got to see you again," or some such.

*sighs* lol

Why does nobody argue her side in the LTD, huh? WHAT ABOUT JESSE?!?!?! She get's no love.

Ya'll ever think that maybe Cloud loved HER more than Aerith and Tifa? HUH?!

No. Because there's no evidence.
Same reason I disregard C/A or Brother/Yuna.

@Mako: Dude, really? This mean I should be nice to Jesse? D:

Not too nice.

Quex, don't look too deep into the affection values.

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
Sonique, Quexinos, Pinkie Pie, Derpy Hooves
Quex, don't look too deep into the affection values.
moar like you shouldn't take a woman's intuition lightly :monster:

Same reason I disregard C/A or Brother/Yuna.
Incest?... oh ... OH i get it...

So seems like everyone loves Cloud... Let's sing the everyone loves Cloud song!

Everyone loves Cloud
Yes indeed they do
Everyone loves Cloud
I do, do you?

Search the whole world over
Travel near and far
But everyone loves Cloud
No matter who they AARRREEE!

... except for Seeephhirrootthh except in my fantasies !

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
I remember when DoC came out... I don't remember WHO I was talking to at the time but I remember they had played it and I asked them if Cloud and Tifa finally kissed in the game. ... of course I was disappointed to hear no... and I was still pissed they didn't kiss in AC/C -_-

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
What's having sex with Tifa/Aerith now?

So the FFVII Ultimania Omega ... was Maiden of the Planet published in this? Did it say anything in there about how it wasn't canon or was it just sorta there? I know it contradicts a lot of the compilation, and I couldn't tell anyone if it was or wasn't canon, but I just wanted to know if there was an official statement saying it wasn't part of the compilation.

Last edited:

KissTheRain

reality is a prison
AKA
jailbait
You if that's what you like baby. :P

I mean come on Cloud is a loner and obviously is showing more affection for the sword/motorcycle then A/T so why don't they have each other and be happy while Cloud goes off and can be emo somewhere. Now argue and pick my text apart for the next 10 pages...

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
So the FFVII Ultimania Omega ... was Maiden of the Planet published in this? Did it say anything in there about how it wasn't canon or was it just sorta there? I know it contradicts a lot of the compilation, and I couldn't tell anyone if it was or wasn't canon, but I just wanted to know if there was an official statement saying it wasn't part of the compilation.

How about the fact that it's not mentioned in a single FFVII guidebook ever again, and its plot is completely excluded in Aerith's own 10th Anniversary Ultimania profile, or the page that lists all of the entries of the Compilation, that even includes the novellas written by Nojima?

Maiden not being canon goes by retcon standards, that when in canon sources something comes after something else, and they contradict, that the second thing is canon and first isn't any longer, unless otherwise stated.

This not only applies to the content of Maiden itself, but the ultimanias as well. In ultimanias after Omega, there is no reference to Maiden or events or Maiden anywhere. Not in timelines, not in the extra compilation stuff, whereas the other books did get mention. Even Last Order, which is and isn't canon, gets mentioned.

So it's hard to see how it's canon when books detailing everything important about FFVII exclude it. You'd think if anything in Maiden matters it would at least get a dot on Aerith's timeline.

There was also a statement on the authors website (I believe) stating that Maiden was just his own interpretation of Aerith after her death. I don't remember the details but you can take a statement like that however you want really.

EDIT: Mako wrote the same thing while I was typing... XP

A

Great Old One
What's having sex with Tifa/Aerith now?

It's never mentioned anywhere else again, and is completely contradictory. It's as if they wanted to exclude the whole novella out of the compilation.

EDIT: Never mind, two people beat me to it.

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
And just for the record I think Wolverine explained it best. :awesomonster:

And I actually did take a look at this the other day I think Isabella mentioned something in there about Aerith realizing C/T was a couple. I'm assuming that's this line

In truth, Aerith really wanted to do it herself. But she couldn't carry out the task. That's why she entrusted Tifa with it. She entrusted Tifa with all the feelings she had for Cloud in her heart. She entrusted them to the one that was going to "live" together with Cloud...

A lot of Cleriths think Cloti's don't want it to be canon, but tbh, with a line like that, I think I wouldn't mind. :monster:

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
I don't know how anyone sane can reasonably argue that somehow Maiden is canon and part of the Compilation. And while we're at it, that it somehow validates C/A.

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
Well I think they like it because it shows Aerith loved Cloud more than Zack, that she was over Zack and it mentions Cloud's heart breaking when Aerith died... but again:

She entrusted Tifa with all the feelings she had for Cloud in her heart. She entrusted them to the one that was going to "live" together with Cloud...
I think that sentence would make them not want it to be canon. Or is there a reason lived is in quotes?... I realize it's no "meet" but it's pretty definite.

KissTheRain

reality is a prison
AKA
jailbait
Hmm, even if it was absolutely canon when hell freezes over I wouldn't put it in my view of the compilation because it's a writers view of a section of the story not the actual makers. Hell I could write a better fanfic...

A

Great Old One
In Maiden, it's stated that Aerith finally meets the real Cloud after the Lifestream scene.

I don't see how anyone could consider the novella as proof for C/A.

SHE FINALLY KNEW THE REAL CLOUD.

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
Exactly, which means she didn't know him because of her Cetra abilities. Even if it says that she loved Cloud more than Zack and all that, they'd make a huge sacrifice and have to change a lot of their arguments.

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
Cleriths like Maiden because in the beginning it says that Aerith loved Cloud more than Zack and so we obviously know that Aerith loves Cloud = Cloud loves Aerith. I mean it all boils down to to unseen forces in the universe that prevent someone from saying that another person is their koibito (as in lover, boyfriend, etc) without it actually being true. You see, it all really revolves around Aerith. If she loves Cloud then he HAS to love her back. It's impossible for any other possibility to exist.

So when later in the story we are faced with a blatantly Cloti moment, it's just our imaginations. So is Aerith realizing that Cloud and Tifa are meant to be and giving them their blessing. I mean, the fact that Maiden is more Cloti than Clerith is just so totally made up. Everyone knows that.

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
Yeah, if you try to explain this to them regarding Maiden though, they'll go nuts :monster:

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
Cleriths like Maiden because in the beginning it says that Aerith loved Cloud more than Zack and so we obviously know that Aerith loves Cloud = Cloud loves Aerith. ... If she loves Cloud then he HAS to love her back. It's impossible for any other possibility to exist.
But koibito wasn't used in Maiden :aah:

A

Great Old One
Not to mention that Aerith is completely out of character. If I remember correctly, there's a line mentioning Tifa being jealous of Aerith and Cloud's growing bond in FFVII - meaning, she's not fit for Cloud, because being jealous is uber evil. In Maiden however, it's shown that Aerith is jealous of Tifa as well. Does this make them both unfit for Cloud?

I knew those Cleriths were actually all for an asexual Cloud. :O

Cleriths like Maiden because in the beginning it says that Aerith loved Cloud more than Zack and so we obviously know that Aerith loves Cloud = Cloud loves Aerith. ... If she loves Cloud then he HAS to love her back. It's impossible for any other possibility to exist.
Apparently we're supposed to know Cloud and Aerith share the same minds.

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
But koibito wasn't used in Maiden :aah:

I know, but it's the same principal. Aerith has feelings for Cloud so it HAS to mean that Cloud reciprocates.

I've just always found it funny how Maiden is so obviously Cloti, and yet we, the ones who argue for Cloti, are the ones who hate it and argue that it isn't canon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom