So, what do you think the LTD conclusion is? (Round 2)

Who does Cloud love?

• Aerith

Votes: 20 14.2%
  • Tifa

Votes: 121 85.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

KissTheRain

reality is a prison
AKA
jailbait
Tennyo said:
I mean, the only people who argue that it isn't canon are people who argue against Clerith, and maybe a few others who just don't give a shit, while everyone else cares even less to the point where they don't bother mentioning it.
Please put me under the pile of it's a piece of shit and I could write better fanfic for SE, please and thank you. ^_^

Que said:
Oh god now I'm thinking about that story with Aerith saying to Cloud, "If you ever call me your mother again, I'll hit you." or whatever the fuck she said when they were having sex
Idk, Cloud always came of as a momma's boy to me so what's wrong with a motherly figure, ehh? XD

Last edited:

Ryushikaze

Deus Admiral Parsimonious, PHD, DDS, MD, JD, OBE
AKA
Tim, Ryu
Well not exactly. Just having two women love one man is enough for a triangle. But it ended when one of them died. Or you could say it ended when the male of the equation regained his memory. Or when two of them had sex on some pointy rocks.

Which aren't even pointy... I'm amazing at the longevity of that meme, given it's easily shown as baseless.

Hell, I'll even do this with a screenshot from Destiny Fulfilled for extra irony
LastNi11.jpg

Pointy? Certainly comfy enough to sleep on, to say nothing of the grassy spot oh, a foot or so away.

Or it ended when the man asked one of them to be with him from that point on. Or it ended when two of them began raising children together. Or possibly when he called one of them 'mother'.

Or when 'mother' said he was too big and his buddy said he didn't belong there.
Or when the creator said Cloud belonged with Tifa.

Or any other number of times they've reinforced being with Tifa and the kids and not with Aerith.

Ryushikaze

AKA
Tim, Ryu
BTW...
http://www.geocities.com/ffviilovetriangle/Behavior.htm

Sexual Relations in Japan

The Japanese tend to view bodily functions of any kind in a more forthright manner than we may feel comfortable doing, including sex. This does not mean that they have a society of "free sex" so to speak. Rather, it simply means that they are aware of it as a bodily function, the same as anything else, and that the importance of fertility and reproduction is imbedded in their society. Fertility rites and festivals are still observed in many areas of the country. Their social mores and philosophies reflect this fact. While many of these beliefs may not be openly embraced today, they are still part of the mores of the society.
Symbolism In Anime: Love and Friendship

Some people question whether Cloud and Tifa had sexual relations under the Highwind the night before the final battle with Sephiroth. As you can see from the above, the Japanese would not consider this to be necessarily indicative of an actual love relationship between Cloud and Tifa. Actually, there are at least three different versions of that particular scene, since it is governed by Tifa’s affection rating with Cloud as determined by the Date mechanism. In at least one version, Cloud is capable of showing absolutely no affection whatsoever to Tifa. This is fully documented with dialogue and screenshots at the following page: Last Night Under the Highwind - Low Affection Version

Furthermore, it is also quite possible that Cloud and Aerith had sexual relations. In the Cloud and Aerith date scene, we see this exchange:

Aerith: "I want to meet you."
Cloud: "But I'm right here."
Aerith: "I know, I know. What I mean is... I want to meet... you."

To interpret this scene accurately, I asked a Japanese language and cultural expert online at AllExperts.com whether the phrase, “I want to meet you” has a colloquial meaning in Japan. Here is my question and his answer:

Question
I'm wondering if the phrase, "I want to meet you" has a colloquial meaning to the Japanese along romantic lines? I've seen it used a number of times in English translations of Japanese songs and poems, and it seems to imply a romantic (or sexual?) encounter. Does it have that meaning colloquially?

Answer
You are absolutely right. The Japanese being very often obtuse in their use of language do use this expression to mean a romantic interest and it is found very often in pop songs. It is used most predictably in the speech of people from Tokyo but I have also heard it used in Osaka.
From Matt, at: AllExperts.com

So we have established that Aerith was actually asking Cloud for a romantic, and possibly, a sexual relationship on the night of their date. Remember that even though Cloud did not respond to her at that moment and said very little to her that night, this is quite typical behavior for a Japanese male, and does not mean that Cloud wasn’t interested. Again, we are looking for the wrong indications of a love relationship between them. So what *does* indicate that Cloud and Aerith were actually in love with one another?

Discuss.

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
Sonique, Quexinos, Pinkie Pie, Derpy Hooves
Pointy? Certainly comfy enough to sleep on, to say nothing of the grassy spot oh, a foot or so away.
Tifa: You know words aren't the only way you can show someone you care about them. Do you know what I mean, Cloud? ;)
Cloud: Yeah... hm... gee the rocks are kinda pointy you know...
Tifa: Well we can use that grassy spot over there.
Cloud: Aww..gee... it's way over there and I'm kinda tired...
Tifa: It's a foot away -_-
Cloud: Yeah... uh... but you know, it's a foot there and a foot back and... we'll be tired from the sex and... I think we should just stay here.
Tifa: :kermit:

amidoinirite? :monster:

The Japanese tend to view bodily functions of any kind in a more forthright manner than we may feel comfortable doing, including sex. This does not mean that they have a society of "free sex" so to speak. Rather, it simply means that they are aware of it as a bodily function, the same as anything else, and that the importance of fertility and reproduction is imbedded in their society.
Fuck I wanna live in Japan.

Question
I'm wondering if the phrase, "I want to meet you" has a colloquial meaning to the Japanese along romantic lines? I've seen it used a number of times in English translations of Japanese songs and poems, and it seems to imply a romantic (or sexual?) encounter. Does it have that meaning colloquially?

Answer
You are absolutely right. The Japanese being very often obtuse in their use of language do use this expression to mean a romantic interest and it is found very often in pop songs. It is used most predictably in the speech of people from Tokyo but I have also heard it used in Osaka.
From Matt, at: AllExperts.com
My initial response is "obvious troll is obvious." She probably should have explained the situation, I mean I'm sure I could say to Ryu or someone, "Hey I wanna MEET :quote: you, wink wink, nudge nudge." and he'd know what I meant. Even if it is romantic it doesn't imply sex... But I am curious now, I might ask my Japanesey friends.

Last edited:

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
BTW does anyone have the kanji for what Aerith originally said there?

Vendel

Banned
Actually, there are at least three different versions of that particular scene,
I knew it!

I do love the logic behind "Furthermore, it is also quite possible that Cloud and Aerith had sexual relation". As some sort of proof of a relationship when right before that is "Some people question whether Cloud and Tifa had sexual relations under the Highwind the night before the final battle with Sephiroth. As you can see from the above, the Japanese would not consider this to be necessarily indicative of an actual love relationship between Cloud and Tifa."

Obvious double standards are obvious?

Ryushikaze

AKA
Tim, Ryu
I knew it!

Rumors get started somewhere, man. Who do you think started this'n?

I do love the logic behind "Furthermore, it is also quite possible that Cloud and Aerith had sexual relation". As some sort of proof of a relationship when right before that is "Some people question whether Cloud and Tifa had sexual relations under the Highwind the night before the final battle with Sephiroth. As you can see from the above, the Japanese would not consider this to be necessarily indicative of an actual love relationship between Cloud and Tifa."

Obvious double standards are obvious?

UhDURRR.

DrakeClawfang

The Wanderer of Time
For them having sex, the solution is simple - Cloud got it on with both of them at the Gold Saucer. I have the fanfic link to prove it too!

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
I think it said "koibito". :p

Fuck you too :monster:

"Some people question whether Cloud and Tifa had sexual relations under the Highwind the night before the final battle with Sephiroth. As you can see from the above, the Japanese would not consider this to be necessarily indicative of an actual love relationship between Cloud and Tifa."

No see it's not indicative of an actual love relationship between CLOUD and TIFA ONLY! :monster: See? They don't need to have sex to show they love one another and belong together, that's how it works. They have the creators behind them, that's all that means. :awesome:

Mako Eyes?

Vendel

Banned

I have run across that site once or twice. The whole things smells like an elaborate Clerith fanfic. About why us dirty westerners just can't see the truth of the game.

My Japanese friend tells me so.

Last edited:

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
In the picture above on the left, you see Cloud pointing to his nose to mean, “me?” In the picture on the right, you see Cloud scratching his head in confusion when he sees that Aerith is crying about Tseng being injured as they enter the Temple of the Ancients. Cloud turns his back to give Aerith privacy, which the Japanese seek when expressing overt emotions.

In Western culture, it is customary to shake hands when greeting someone for the first time, to say "please" when making a request, or to say "thank you" when expressing gratitude. In Japanese culture, bowing fulfills all these functions. Bowing may seem simple, but there are different ways of bowing depending on the social status or age of the person you are bowing to. If the person is higher status or older than you are, you should bow deeper and longer.
I don't understand how this proves Clerith :(

Fairheartstrife

[no fucks given]
AKA
FHS, that cloti bitch
BTW...

So we have established that Aerith was actually asking Cloud for a romantic, and possibly, a sexual relationship on the night of their date. Remember that even though Cloud did not respond to her at that moment and said very little to her that night, this is quite typical behavior for a Japanese male, and does not mean that Cloud wasn’t interested. Again, we are looking for the wrong indications of a love relationship between them. So what *does* indicate that Cloud and Aerith were actually in love with one another?

Ignoring all other logical assumptions, such as Aerith realizes that Cloud is fucked in the head and she doesn't know the "real" him, then I'd say that all that indicates is that Aerith is horny. -_-

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
Yeah even if that :quote: meet :quote: stuff is true it just shows Aerith's love for Cloud... doesn't mean he reciprocates. ... or that they had sex.

Ryushikaze

AKA
Tim, Ryu
Yeah even if that :quote: meet :quote: stuff is true it just shows Aerith's love for Cloud... doesn't mean he reciprocates. ... or that they had sex.

If the Meet stuff is true (it's not), there are two damning quotes.

Cloud telling Tifa he hopes she can meet the real Cloud again.

Cloud saying to Tifa 'so we meet again.'

Keryep...

Fairheartstrife

[no fucks given]
AKA
FHS, that cloti bitch
Of course there is both Cloud and Tifa wanting to "meet" Aerith in the bedroom Promised Land... those kinky fuckers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom