So, what do you think the LTD conclusion is? (Round 2)

Who does Cloud love?

• Aerith

Votes: 20 14.2%
  • Tifa

Votes: 121 85.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Vendel

Banned
http://www.fanfiction.net/topic/23200/1134071/74/#19064520

That's the forum. Fanfiction.net. The user LittleMissFeisty is our confused friend here.

That was made today? TODAY!?! (bold and caps)

epic-fail.jpg

Last edited:

Hinata Hyuga

wallflower
AKA
Juniper, Rinali, Legretta
I'm thinking about replying to her, but I don't even know where to start. :/

It seems like she's the type who thinks Tifa's role is very small.

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
Sonique, Quexinos, Pinkie Pie, Derpy Hooves
Yes... ... yes I am that desperate.

EDIT
why will this thing not fucking let me put quotes in my post. arugh

Last edited:

DrakeClawfang

The Wanderer of Time
I see.

Then I guess when Cloud says that he has a secret wish (or memory..I can't remember) that he is fighting for then that must mean Aerith? Even though he told everyone about that? Or something.

I just don't know anymore!

Taken from the game script.

Red XIII: ......Although she's not here, she left us a window of opportunity...

Cid: We can't let it go like this.

Cloud: ......Aerith. She was smiling to the end. We have to do something, or that smile will just freeze like that. Let's go all together. Memories of Aerith... ...Although she should've returned to the planet by now, something stopped her and now she's stuck...... We've got to let go of Aerith's memory.

Cid: Has anyone here changed their mind?

Cloud: I'm counting on you, Cid.

Cid: Yeah, yeah...... There are 2 levers here that've been buggin' me for a
while now... Let me try them out. All right, so what should I do? You decide, Cloud.

Cloud: This is our last battle. Our target is the North Cave. Our enemy is...... Sephiroth! So let's move out!

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
Sonique, Quexinos, Pinkie Pie, Derpy Hooves
But doesn't he also say something about a personal memory somewhere along the line?

Ryushikaze

Deus Admiral Parsimonious, PHD, DDS, MD, JD, OBE
AKA
Tim, Ryu

Start with the 'we decided to have two heroines' quote. Move on to her profile in the U10 and RF being right next to Cloud's and his and her 's being 6 pages to everyone else's 4. Go with the CC Keyword collection quote, the 'Important woman and mother of the family they were forming' quote, the family of three/ four quotes, the young father quote, the 'opened his heart only ever to Tifa' quote, the 'the more happy he is' quote, the 'Cloud and Tifa belonged together' the 'He knew where he belonged, with Tifa, Marlene, and Denzel, his family' quote, and the 'Tifa has many roles, among them beloved' quote. In no particular order, however.

In no particular order.
Oh, and there's a quote out there that says Cloud worked for AVALANCHE only because Tifa asked him too. That might help.

Oh, and tell her that the 'Aerith lives in CLOUD'S SOUL!' BS is not what that gorram means. It means the dead are remembered by the living. X shall live in on our memories does not mean X is a psychological parasite, it means we REMEMBER X.

Last edited:

Hinata Hyuga

wallflower
AKA
Juniper, Rinali, Legretta
Thanks. I'm gonna go reply soon.

I've seen this chick at another forum before, I think. If it's the same LittleMissFeisty. And she's friendly but man, she's so off the mark with VII! She's sees something connected to Aerith, and then from there to Cloud and Aerith's love, in everything.

But at least she actually debates, unlike most Cleriths. :D

Vendel

Banned
Thanks. I'm gonna go reply soon.

I've seen this chick at another forum before, I think. If it's the same LittleMissFeisty. And she's friendly but man, she's so off the mark with VII! She's sees something connected to Aerith, and then from there to Cloud and Aerith's love, in everything.

But at least she actually debates, unlike most Cleriths. :D

Good luck with all that.

It takes real effort to ignore the compilation, creator statements and official materials and say "it's open for interpretation" or "there is no official couple".

It takes (insert non offensive identifier) to go out and say Clerith is canon.

For example
just some random Celrith said:
The point I'm trying to make is that each piece of the puzzle also fits in with the Clerith interpretation because we see each piece in isolation differently than you do. As a result, when we fit the pieces together, we are drawing a different conclusion.

I gave that one example in isolation to show that that piece in isolation can be interpreted in different ways. Since that statement does not specify what feelings Cloud and Tifa shared under the HW, it still fits with the Clerith interpretation that they only shared feelings of friendship with one another.

Clerith people see that statement as not specifying what feelings they shared under the HW because SE wanted the feelings shared to be left up to interpretation.

Same with other pieces of the puzzle in isolation. As a result, when Clerith people fit the pieces together, we're arriving at a different conclusion than the Cloti side does.

Emphisis added by moi.

Last edited:

Isabella

Your Mom
Arguing with someone like that is like arguing with someone who genuinely believes the earth is flat. It can only lead to frustration.

Ryushikaze

AKA
Tim, Ryu
Vend, nix the 'mental problems' comment. Yes, they don't seem to be able to see anything in context, but that's not actually a mental problem, and we really ought to to be saying such things.

Vendel

Banned
Vend, nix the 'mental problems' comment. Yes, they don't seem to be able to see anything in context, but that's not actually a mental problem, and we really ought to to be saying such things.

I consider extreme idiocy a mental problem. But if it will make you feel better I'll modify it.

Fighter

Pro Adventurer

Nomura: "Let's kill Aerith and bring out Tifa."

Aerith dies less than half way through. Not only is Tifa in the entire game she's the player's POV character throughout a chunk of the story where she finds Cloud and puts him back together (being herself an integral part of that). She is arguably at the top among the most developed characters in the story as well as the key to some of the most significant developments for the main character which in any piece of fiction is more important than being the important to any plot element however significant, such as Aerith and Holy. The fact that this gets brought up in a debate about characters is the proof.

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
Nomura: "Let's kill Aerith and bring out Tifa."

Aerith dies less than half way through. Not only is Tifa in the entire game she's the player's POV character throughout a chunk of the story where she finds Cloud and puts him back together (being herself an integral part of that). She is arguably at the top among the most developed characters in the story as well as the key to some of the most significant developments for the main character which in any piece of fiction is more important than being the important to any plot element however significant, such as Aerith and Holy. The fact that this gets brought up in a debate about characters is the proof.

I love how in the 10th Anniversary Ultimania of FFVII, Cloud, Tifa and Sephiroth are the only characters that have 6 page length profiles...

While Aerith's is only 4.

Yeah. Tifa is totally unimportant. Totally. :awesome:

aniron

it's me in a labyrinth
AKA
spirit chaser
Not only that, some Clerith go as far as to call Aerith the main heroine of Advent Children.

Isabella

Your Mom
Another little something to add to Fighter's post: I encourage anyone to go rewatch ACC and actually count how many Tifa reaction shots there are to Cloud's actions. The story isn't just showing Cloud's journey, it's tying Tifa into that journey. They put an awful lot of emphasis on how she's affected. First her fear, then her frustration, then ultimately her joy, pride and satisfaction. Why do the filmmakers believe her fate is so closely tied to his, do you think?

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
Arguing with someone like that is like arguing with someone who genuinely believes the earth is flat. It can only lead to frustration.

Oy, it is, so shut the fuck up or I'll ban your ass.

This goes for all of you too - the earth is flat, and doubters will be dealt with.

Ryushikaze

AKA
Tim, Ryu
Excuse me folks, it seems Cthulu's been eating the brown acid again. He'll be fixed shortly. Just as soon as I can find the fixin' mallet.

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Leon S. Kennedy,Terry Bogard, The Dark Knight, Dacon, John Marston, Teal'c
Oy, it is, so shut the fuck up or I'll ban your ass.

This goes for all of you too - the earth is flat, and doubters will be dealt with.

YEAH WHOOOOOOOOO BRING IT ON SUCKA THIS IS MY KINDA SHIT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom