So, what do you think the LTD conclusion is? (Round 2)

Who does Cloud love?

• Aerith

Votes: 20 14.2%
  • Tifa

Votes: 121 85.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Raquelborn

"I slice your ass in 4."
AKA
Raq, Raquel.
I came across a dispute over the most accurate translation of the line from Tifa to Cloud on another chart (I think it was in a magazine?), whether it was saying "more than friends, lovers?" or "more than friends not lovers." Or something along those lines.

Anyone know which one I mean?

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
@Raq: The latter.

「友達以上恋人未満?」
"More than friends, not quite lovers?"

友達 = friends
以上 = more than...
恋人 = lolz koibito
未満 = less than

You've got a closer relationship than just being friends, but it's not as deep a relationship as lovers.

There was a question mark at the end originally, and it was just a comment in a magazine before AC's release.

Last edited:

Raquelborn

"I slice your ass in 4."
AKA
Raq, Raquel.
The latter.

「友達以上恋人未満?」
"More than friends, not quite lovers?"

友達 = friends
以上 = more than...
恋人 = lolz koibito
未満 = less than

You've got a closer relationship than just being friends, but it's not as deep a relationship as lovers.

There was a question mark at the end originally, and it was just a comment in a magazine before AC's release.

In other words, the article's author was speculating about the relationship that it looked like may be portrayed in the full-length film.

Pretty spot on actually if you ask me. It was the exact question I was thinking when I first watched AC. (I hadn't played the game first however, so whatever.)

If Zack's in it then surely Cloud will be in it too. Aerith has also been all of them so far so I would have thought she'll appear again. But Tifa? Hmm. What do you think?

Last edited:

Isabella

Your Mom
Oh Mako stop trying to drive traffic to the front page. :monster: that's cool about Zack though. But why does he look so fruity? What's the premise of this new KH anyway?

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
I will not. :monster:

This is apparently a younger Zack, which fits into the timeline of this game happening before the whole destruction of Radiant Garden thanks to the Heartless. That's why he looks "fruity."

And well, with the inclusion of Zack, anythings possible. It could just be Zack by himself. But something tells me that's highly unlikely. If they end up tying Zack to Aerith in KH now, I'm gonna fucking shit bricks laughing.

And wow, Isabella, you're like..so not in the know! KH BBS is the prequel that takes place before the destruction of Hollow Bastion/Radiant Garden, and showcases three other knights of the keyblade and their adventures against the opponent.."Master Xehanort." It looks pretty damn good for a PSP game.

Isabella

Your Mom
Silly hito, KHs are for kids!

Nah, as it turns out a lot of pinkehs played KH first and saw the true VII story there, then decided they'd play VII (or read wiki) for a little background info. So you're right, VII is just a reference guide.

Ryushikaze

Deus Admiral Parsimonious, PHD, DDS, MD, JD, OBE
AKA
Tim, Ryu
1- Zack v Terra- clone fight!
2- Mini Kairi.
3- KH is the Trufax of FF. That's how we know Tidus and Yuna aren't a couple. Because one's a snot nosed brat on an Island, and the other is a pixie.

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
Sonique, Quexinos, Pinkie Pie, Derpy Hooves
Somehow I doubt Zack being in KH will ruin everything Clerith.

But it's cool that he's there, I wonder what his role will be... he looks so cute XD

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
Somehow I doubt Zack being in KH will ruin everything Clerith.

But it's cool that he's there, I wonder what his role will be... he looks so cute XD

They said the same thing with Tifa, incidentally.

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
Wouldn't he be like way older than Aerith though?\

They said the same thing with Tifa, incidentally.
ANd do they or do they not still say Aerith is Cloud's light?

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
Wouldn't he be like way older than Aerith though?\

Birth By Sleep takes place before Hollow Bastion was destroyed by the Heartless, which took place when Aerith, Yuffie, Leon, and Cloud were kids. So no, he wouldn't. He'd be around the same age as them.

And they do say that, but it still doesn't change they're wrong :awesome:

Also, this was a funny thing I found on your forum.

PYT said:
I actually never heard of the quote saying Aerith returns to the lifestream (Lifestream at the end of Advent Children (pg. 131 of the FFVII 10th Anniversary Ultimania))
Do you happen to have it?

"The legendary race, the Cetra, are known to have the ability of speaking with the Planet and leading people to the “Promised Land” where supreme happiness awaits. Aerith is the last survivor of this race. ShinRa took away her parents’ lives and then chased after her for scientific experiments. Although Aerith had miserable circumstances, her mind still overflows with brightness and sometimes mischief; no matter what happens, she never gives up hope. After the battle fighting to protect the Planet, Aerith returned to the Lifestream. But after that, she still exists in many people’s mind as someone very important."

"Two years after returning to the planet, Aerith still lives on in the hearts of her friends who saved the planet. And in particular to Cloud, as a symbol of his failure to having being unable protect those dear to him, she was a major factor in causing him to close himself off. For Cloud, and the world once again faced with danger, she reaches out and offers her aid. In that sense she is like a mother watching over the entire planet, and it gives the feeling that she lives in every part of the world."

Aerith 10th Anniversary Profile said:
[ ν ] – εуλ 0008/1

· FFVII
She used a portion of the Lifestream to stop Meteor’s descent.

· AC – The Forgotten Capital
She appeared to Cloud from the spiritual world, trying to ease his painful sense of sin and guilt.

DERP DERP, MAKO PARASITE AERITH IN CLOUD! DERP DERP DERP

Yeah. She totally is inside Cloud. Totally.

Last edited:

Vendel

Banned

One of the funniest things looking back in the archives is when Cloud is talking with Aerith in KH2 and she says something along the lines of "when he finds his light it will lead him back here" Some Cleriths were like "she is right there!"

In fact I think I recently saw a Clerith repeat that Cloud was looking for Aerith in KH.

Then again we have many examples of the CiC crowds ability to distort their perceptions. I think it is time to re-read some essays. :awesome:

EDIT: Also the playback state Her and Zack return to the lifestream(where they belong). Which of course means she dumps Zack off to be diffused and goes to infest Cloud.

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
Birth By Sleep takes place before Hollow Bastion was destroyed by the Heartless, which took place when Aerith, Yuffie, Leon, and Cloud were kids. So no, he wouldn't. He'd be around the same age as them.
Right, got it...

Also, lol it's not MY forum, I just admin there... but yeah thanks.

EDIT:
and those don't matter, Cloud's body is full of Mako and made up of lifestream or something.

Last edited:

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
Oh, and who said Cloud went to the church out of guilt for Aerith's death? WHO? Who made such an assertion?!

And on another note. Isn't it odd that Aerith could sense the death of Elmyra's husband, a man who was literally on the other side of the world in Wutai, but she somehow couldn't have possibly have known that Zack died, when he was only a few miles outside of Midgar?

Does that make logical sense to anyone?

Last edited:

Vendel

Banned
Oh, and who said Cloud went to the church out of guilt for Aerith's death? WHO? Who made such an assertion?!

Don't be silly Mako. We all know he went there to "be" with Aerith. His one true love.

And on another note. Isn't it odd that Aerith could sense the death of Elmyra's husband, a man who was literally on the other side of the world in Wutai, but she somehow couldn't have possibly have known that Zack died, when he was only a few miles outside of Midgar?

Does that make logical sense to anyone?

Denial.

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
That would be fucking hilarious if a pink lightning bolt struck Vendel and he slummed forward over his keyboard.

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
Aerith is a vengeful goddess who shoots pink lightning bolts from her mouth. Step on her flowers or call her a liar and incur her wrath.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom