So, what do you think the LTD conclusion is? (Round 2)

Who does Cloud love?

• Aerith

Votes: 20 14.2%
  • Tifa

Votes: 121 85.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bex

fresh to death
AKA
Bex
that
is exactly what i'm suggesting
or maybe aerith, she hasn't had any since zack popped it

Alex

alex is dead
AKA
Alex, Ashes, Pennywise, Bill Weasley, Jack's Smirking Revenge, Sterling Archer
Tifa seems like she put it about a bit in Nibelheim growing up, I doubt she'd take much convincing.

Ryushikaze

Deus Admiral Parsimonious, PHD, DDS, MD, JD, OBE
AKA
Tim, Ryu
Tifa seems like she put it about a bit in Nibelheim growing up, I doubt she'd take much convincing.

Doubt that. She seems more like the type who doesn't realize everyone things she's smoking hot.
But as for not hard to convince, she also doesn't seem like to type to be anti-sex at all, given under the highwind.

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
Are you saying that when she heard SOLDIER was coming to Nibelheim, she purposefully dressed like a cowboy slut hoping to bang SOLDIER Cloud when he got there? :awesome:

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
Sonique, Quexinos, Pinkie Pie, Derpy Hooves
Are you saying that when she heard SOLDIER was coming to Nibelheim, she purposefully dressed like a cowboy slut hoping to bang SOLDIER Cloud when he got there? :awesome:

is there another meaning to that scene?

Alessa Gillespie

a letter to my future self
AKA
Sansa Stark, Sweet Bro, Feferi, tentacleTherapist, Nin, Aki, Catwoman, Shinjiro Aragaki, Terezi, Princess Bubblegum
Truly, Tifa in CC was the fabled 'sixteen-year-old' girl that ED loves so much.

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
This "feelings for each other" In Japan... what is the phrase? And is it too always used for romance?

Super Mario

IT'S A ME!
AKA
Jesse McCree. I feel like a New Man

YOU FOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO~L!

this is obvious in itself! HOW THE HELL CAN YOU FORGET THIS DETAIL? Why I never! :loopy:

that's another part of my theory, why dress in such outlandish garbs? Perhaps to impress her friend Cloudy when he gets back? ala those girlfriends of vets from WWs I and II? YOU DECIDE!

Vendel

Banned

Well she did believe Cloud would become a super-soldier. So she dressed super-hot.
Was banging on her mind? Doubtful. But alas we will never know for sure.

I do however find it funny that in FFVII and LO her outfit was well, more practical. Like something she would wear all the time. Whereas CC they slut her up and use the excuse "oh she is waiting for Cloud" (isn't that sweet?)

Last edited:

Super Mario

IT'S A ME!
AKA
Jesse McCree. I feel like a New Man
Tifa may dress...well for the occassion but I know as hell she wasn't thinking of banging Super SOLDIER Cloudy, maybe after a day or so.

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
This "feelings for each other" In Japan... what is the phrase? And is it too always used for romance?

クラウドとは物語の終盤に想いを通わせ ("Kuraudo to wa monogatari no shuuban ni omoi wo tsuuwase"). Literally: "Communicated feelings together with Cloud," though it tends to be understood as "realized feelings for each other."

While that one's not strictly romantic according to any rules, it does tend to be used that way. As well, I've never seen this phrase used on pg. 198 of the Ultimania Omega used in a non-romantic capacity myself:

互いの想いを打ち明け ("tagai no om
oi wo uchi ake").

Last edited:

Vendel

Banned
So apparently we had it all wrong.

It's all interpretation. The two spent the night under the HW and expressed feelings to one another. What feelings? It was never said. Cloud said that Tifa would be with him from now on. In what relationship? It was never said. Cloud and Tifa live with one another. In what relationship? It was never said. Cloud and Tifa have a family. Does that mean they're in love? Not necessarily, because Tifa specifically said in CoT that the family was made up of friends.

Although once again you have to wonder about reading comprehension. Tifa thinking about how she has always needed friends to get by as Barret is leaving. For years Tifa had been surrounded by like minded people, namely AVALANCHE. "Maybe you could call that family." Now that Barret is leaving it is just her, Marlene and Cloud. The people along with Denzel later on that Tifa worries if they are a 'real' family.

A real family as opposed to friends you can call family.

Ryushikaze

AKA
Tim, Ryu
Bah. That's nothing new. It's the same old absurd double standard where a wedding in a chapel wouldn't be sufficient for C/T but Aerith's ribbon is the red string of fate despite being neither red, nor string, and not in the right place, and never connected to Cloud, beccause it JUST IS.

And for THAT MATTER, we're never explicitly told what kind of 'feelings' are undying, but the pinkers have no problem taking that as love, even though it has nowhere near the same surety of idiomatic usage as 'feelings for each other'

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
And for THAT MATTER, we're never explicitly told what kind of 'feelings' are undying, but the pinkers have no problem taking that as love, even though it has nowhere near the same surety of idiomatic usage as 'feelings for each other'
No for that one one of their translators twisted a sentence so that aijou was directly applied to both the fans and Cloud and in a different way even though it was only said for one...I think, I wasn't really there for that one, but IIRC MotA said that she was wrong.

Tifa thinking about how she has always needed friends to get by as Barret is leaving.
So... Barret used to bully Tifa?
And I already know who said what you quoted without even reading who it was. I'm really getting good at that :monster:

But yeah I wanna know why undying feelings has to be love then... it's why I wish she'd do a one-on-one with me on TNC, so I can ask these things... hint hint if she's reading this.

Last edited:

Isabella

Your Mom
She already banished Tres to TNC when he was making too many points she didn't know how to counter, just so his post could die on the vine. So I wouldn't hold my breath on getting her to debate you. :monster:

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
lol, banished to TNC where he has to put up with me :monster:

She's been countering his points in his essay, isn't debating kind of the same thing?

Isabella

Your Mom
No because she's countering in a place where no one can address the fallacies and blatant double standards she's employing. She (well, they if we include the other one) gets to have the final say behind those pink walls.

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
The Northern Crater is pretty dead in and of itself.

The sad fact is, is that a certain side of the fence just can't seem to consistently or vigorously support their position. When push comes to shove, they run.

Or play word games with hyphens or some shit.

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
Point taken, which is why I stopped reading the response a while ago. I kept wanting to say stuff but all I could do is counter here or write my own essays.

well, they if we include the other one
There was 3 last I checked :P

The sad fact is, is that a certain side of the fence just can't seem to consistently or vigorously support their position. When push comes to shove, they run.

It's an emdash you idiot.

Ryushikaze

AKA
Tim, Ryu
The Northern Crater is pretty dead in and of itself.

And continue to play games even well after 'that's not the point' has been stressed to ridiculousness.

Delusions of sophistry.

A completely apt way of putting it. Especially considering certain individuals who try the sophistry even more than others.

Last edited:

Raquelborn

"I slice your ass in 4."
AKA
Raq, Raquel.
Well she did believe Cloud would become a super-soldier. So she dressed super-hot.
Was banging on her mind? Doubtful. But alas we will never know for sure.

Who's to say banging wasn't on her mind? She's 15, he's 16, they're both hot, hormonal, he's a soldier/her knight-in-shining-armour and she's in a cowgirl outfit.

Come on, she was at least hoping to draw his attention to the goods.

LO her outfit was well, more practical. Like something she would wear all the time.
She didn't even have a cowgirl hat in LO. It's not canon.

Vendel

Banned
Who's to say banging wasn't on her mind? She's 15, he's 16, they're both hot, hormonal, he's a soldier/her knight-in-shining-armour and she's in a cowgirl outfit.

Come on, she was at least hoping to draw his attention to the goods.

I have no doubt she was trying to catch his attention. But c'mon it took the end of the world for this gal to spread 'em.

She didn't even have a cowgirl hat in LO. It's not canon.

:catfight:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom