So, what do you think the LTD conclusion is? (Round 2)

Who does Cloud love?

• Aerith

Votes: 20 14.2%
  • Tifa

Votes: 121 85.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mantichorus

"I've seen enough."
AKA
Kris; Mantichorus; Sam Vimes; Neku Sakuraba; Koki Kariya; Hazama; CuChulainn; Yu Narukami; Mewtwo; Rival Silver; Suicune; Kanata; Professor Oak; The Brigadier; VIII; The Engineer
Clephiroth is clearly the most canon, even if only one-sided on Sephiroth's part. He stalks Cloud across the Planet, across dimensions, and then... gives him a single red rose.

SEPHIROTH: "Cloud... you are... a stud."
CLOUD: "... ... ... ...what?"

Alessa Gillespie

a letter to my future self
AKA
Sansa Stark, Sweet Bro, Feferi, tentacleTherapist, Nin, Aki, Catwoman, Shinjiro Aragaki, Terezi, Princess Bubblegum
Squeenix is clearly shitting on the Cloti parade with Serah/Snow. Just like the monkeys.

JUST LIKE THOSE DAMNABLE MONKEYS! :rage:

Ryushikaze

Deus Admiral Parsimonious, PHD, DDS, MD, JD, OBE
AKA
Tim, Ryu
Squeenix is clearly shitting on the Cloti parade with Serah/Snow. Just like the monkeys.

JUST LIKE THOSE DAMNABLE MONKEYS! :rage:

Even though Lightning is AerithCloud, which is totally symborism in its own right...

Though I CAN see the resemblance between Snow and Winter... Maybe they're brothers.

Cannon_Fodder

Pro Adventurer
Couldn't Serah/Snow be seen as CloTi too? I mean they both have a monk and an impossibly scrawny, overly-feminine person, its perfect :monster:

Ryushikaze

AKA
Tim, Ryu
Couldn't Serah/Snow be seen as CloTi too? I mean they both have a monk and an impossibly scrawny, overly-feminine person, its perfect :monster:

All Serah needs is a sword.
But if they give her a staff, it's ttly Aerti.

We need more white mages along the Rosa model. Just as capable of horrible death infliction as they are at horrible death prevention.

And in my opinion, Rosa is always relevant to the LTD. Because RoTi is totally hot.

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
Sonique, Quexinos, Pinkie Pie, Derpy Hooves
Clerith: It says RIGHT THERE his extraordinary ability is shown as "tickets" in FFVII!
Me: what does "shown as tickets" mean?
Clerith: I don't know but it says it's extraordinary.

Spoken like a true Clerith :monster:

Last edited:

Isabella

Your Mom
Spoken like a true Clerith :monster:
In other words, focus on the part you like and ignore its context. Yep, true Clerith style. :awesome:

BTW, that red ribbon discussion over at TNC is one of the silliest things I've seen in this long-running debate. How do you guys keep a straight face while you're typing? (Or do you?)

Last edited:

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
I don't XD I can't speak for Ryu and the others... but it's really... yeah why the hell did I reopen that? :(

Isabella

Your Mom
About Aerith wearing a ribbon in the CC trailer: Couldn't it just be a continuity error? In other words, they designed her model with a ribbon in her hair, then realized later they needed to alter the model for story reasons? Just a possibility.

Even if it was a last-minute story change, it's not altering anything that was previously established in FF7, because nothing was established regarding the ribbon.

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
It seems obvious to me that they added that element after making the trailer.

But I don't know what this argument is about. It was different in an old trailer so it must mean less/nothing in the final game?

Fairheartstrife

[no fucks given]
AKA
FHS, that cloti bitch
Hito, you should know by now, it's simply grasping at straws and cherry picking compilation to suit their self-insert masturbatory fantasies.

Isabella

Your Mom
Her ribbon is pink, not red. And doesn't Tifa wear a red ribbon? I don't give this theory any credence, but if there were a red ribbon/string of fate, wouldn't it more likely involve the girl actually wearing the red ribbon?

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
I don't know why I went and read (the last two pages) of that ribbon.

I was under the impression the reason Aerith's ribbon falls away during her death was to reveal the White Materia, hence it getting all that attention afterwards as it falls down the steps. But I guess I wasn't looking through the right "blow everything out of proportion"-tinted glasses or something :awesome:

You'd think, somewhere in the shitload of FFVII-related books, they'd mention "the ribbon totally symbolises that red string thing between Cloud and Aerith, despite not being red nor a string" at least once. I mean, it's so important! Maybe it's just too obvious to the superior Japanese mind (and Western mind with access to anime and Google) that it goes without saying.

Isabella

Your Mom
I like this. Since absolutely no evidence is required (not even a red string!) we can tie anyone we want together. Vincent/Red, Cid/Yuffie, Rufus/Mukki -- I declare them all bonded by fate. Prove me wrong. :awesome:

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
Mukki's red briefs (that look purple, that's just because to the Japanese red and purple are shades of the same colour!) totally symbolises the red ribbony-string, as does Rufus' name meaning red.

Mukki calls himself 'daddy', Rufus didn't get along with his daddy, Mukki could be a father figure to Rufus while Rufus can be Mukki's sugar daddy. People often say "who's the daddy?" during sex, so they must also be having sex even though it's never implied at all that they have even met.

I never realised how easy this 'being right' shit was :awesome:

Oh wait, yes I did. I'm always right :monster:

Ryushikaze

AKA
Tim, Ryu
Careful Hito, such concentrated rightness can easily overload you and lead to factitude burnout.

Seriously, though, the Ribbon thread's getting sillier and sillier. I think it's officially in the 'Child throwing a tantrum' phase from certain people.

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
Why was the ribbon's thread re-opened. x'D Oh well, at least now we all have something hilarious to read again.

Hey it's the one thing they'll debate XD
and I reopened it when the news came out that her ribbon had in fact, not changed since Crisis Core.

Mantichorus

"I've seen enough."
AKA
Kris; Mantichorus; Sam Vimes; Neku Sakuraba; Koki Kariya; Hazama; CuChulainn; Yu Narukami; Mewtwo; Rival Silver; Suicune; Kanata; Professor Oak; The Brigadier; VIII; The Engineer
So, wait... this thread is now discussing another thread? XD
I like this. Since absolutely no evidence is required (not even a red string!) we can tie anyone we want together. Vincent/Red, Cid/Yuffie, Rufus/Mukki -- I declare them all bonded by fate. Prove me wrong. :awesome:
Mewtwo/Renamon. :awesome:

I think we're all over-looking the true canon pairing here: Cloud's mom/Tifa's dad. Began after Cloud left Nibelheim. That's why Tifa has a job as a tour guide in a very dangerous part of the country. Her pa wants her out the house. :awesome:

OneWingedDemon

NOT AMUSED
Trailers often include footage that never makes it to the final movie and/or altered lines. They aren't always a true reflection. Jesus, depending on when they show a trailer, it can present something as either horror or a freakin adventure/thriller/drama.

Trailers are only meant to grab someone's attention. Many times trailers will be shot before final project is completed/before it's even started.

On a different note, I just realized that Big Sis totally fits the big sis trope.
Aeris is older than both Tifa and Cloud
She is a mentor/mother and ends up watching over them/guiding.
She hooks up with the Big Bro (Zack) who is also a mentor.
Peoplez call her sis/mother.

Y/N?

P.S: OMG I LOVE MEWTWO!!1111

Last edited:

Vendel

Banned
On a different note, I just realized that Big Sis totally fits the big sis trope.
Aeris is older than both Tifa and Cloud
She is a mentor/mother and ends up watching over them/guiding.
She hooks up with the Big Bro (Zack) who is also a mentor.
Peoplez call her sis/mother.

Y/N?

Sorry. Not wangsty or tragic enough.

Eerie

Fire and Blood

But I don't know what this argument is about. It was different in an old trailer so it must mean less/nothing in the final game?
Have you forgotten? Trailers are like advertisements, they count more than the actual game :awesome:

That's how we learned that Cloud and Aerith had a love that could never be, amIright? :awesome:

[I actually always wondered how a love that could never be can be distorted in a beyond death love, but maybe that's just me... if anything, didn't that advertisement prove that it died before it could even be born? XD].

Vendel

Banned
Looking over some ltd archives it always amuses me when I see the cleriths argue that you can't assume anything between Cloud and Tifa. Or at least anything romantic. Even when it is used 99% of the time in a romantic context, you just can't assume.

But the entire Clerith house built one one big assumption.

Then again maybe I am just sleep deprived and when I get some sleep all this CiC stuff will make sense. Right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom