So, what do you think the LTD conclusion is? (Round 2)

Who does Cloud love?

• Aerith

Votes: 20 14.2%
  • Tifa

Votes: 121 85.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

aniron

it's me in a labyrinth
AKA
spirit chaser
I know that you know, of course. ^^
I said that so we won't get carried away again and for the occasional Clerith visitors who believe that evil bitch Tifa was nagging poor innocent Cloud.
nocloti.gif

Vendel

Banned
Ugh. I am sick and tired of the "Cloud could move on with Tifa after ACC".
Or "Cloud is only with Tifa because Aertih is dead and has no where else to go".

Fuck you.

Cloud never had to get over Aerith or move on with Tifa. It was always Tifa you smucks. Cloud chose to live with her. Not because he had no where else to go. But because he wanted to. He wanted to be with this woman. SHE IS NOT FUCKING LEFTOVERS!!

Well I feel better. What were we talking about again?

(And don't get me started on the people who think Cloud can still be with Aerith....GAH)

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
Sonique, Quexinos, Pinkie Pie, Derpy Hooves
I know that you know, of course. ^^
I said that so we won't get carried away again and for the occasional Clerith visitors who believe that evil bitch Tifa was nagging poor innocent Cloud.
nocloti.gif

Pfffft Cloud is never innocent.

aniron

it's me in a labyrinth
AKA
spirit chaser
And since there're so many Cleriths that like comparing Cloud/Aerith to Vincent/Lucrecia, stating that their stories are just sooo similar!...

Well, let's see...
As DC starts we see Vince mind travelling to Lucrecia's cave, communicating with her on some level. And note that he "meets" Lucrecia not only when he needs her help, but more often just for the sake of it.

AC/C starts and there's Cloud listening to Tifa's message. Then we see Fenrir on Zack's hill.
And the first person that Cloud remembers and mourns is Zack.
When he needs spiritual help, both Zack and Aerith are there for him. There is no preference.

I think that Vincent/Lucrecia in DC is another good proof/example of how AC/C would be if Clerith had been indeed canon.

Alessa Gillespie

a letter to my future self
AKA
Sansa Stark, Sweet Bro, Feferi, tentacleTherapist, Nin, Aki, Catwoman, Shinjiro Aragaki, Terezi, Princess Bubblegum
Dear Drake, Ryu-tan and Vendel,
Thank you all for not being pigs.
Love,
Your favorite green-haired half-esper

EDIT: And yes, TenTen, apparently it is being argued Cloud didn't go after the kids because he needed some hot nookie from Tifa first and she didn't just spread her legs and go "TAKE ME CLOUD I'M YOURS" and instead nagged at him to go and save those helpless kids.

What a cunt, trying to help kids like that. :@ CLOUD NEEDS HIS PUSSY YOU BITCH.

Last edited:

Roger

He/him
AKA
Minato
Considering Cloud's emotional securities are and have been for quite a while now the sole thread upon which the fate of the entire Planet is tangling I think a definite argument can be made for Tifa being pretty irresponsible for not giving it away like candy.

Alessa Gillespie

AKA
Sansa Stark, Sweet Bro, Feferi, tentacleTherapist, Nin, Aki, Catwoman, Shinjiro Aragaki, Terezi, Princess Bubblegum
Considering Cloud's emotional securities are and have been for quite a while now the sole thread upon which the fate of the entire Planet is tangling I think a definite argument can be made for Tifa being pretty irresponsible for not giving it away like candy.
Though the movie made it pretty obvious Cloud wasn't like "FUCK I NEED ME SOME VAGINA" when the kids were kidnapped, he was more like "oh well I can't save them anyways so they can just die while I mope around and wish that Sephiroth didn't kill them. :sigh:"

Vossler

Voss da boss bitch
AKA
Nightmare,race driver,steel tormenter
Ouch. Gosh I haven't been called a douche since 4th grade LMAO. Sorry Drake my bad
Temper temper now. A part (notice the space:P) from the apparent and obvious seriousness this seems to invoke, the first love of Aerith was Zack anyway. So why such a big deal on whom he loves. Either way if someone said if Cloud loved Tifa, an Aerith fan would come in and start complaining and vice versa. Basically it will be an endless debate. A fun one as a matter of fact. ;)

I also want to point out that I never said cheating was how it should be done. I just threw Ideas out there. Such seriousness in this discussion. I appreciate that.

fainessae

sleepy
You know, one thing that irks me about that whole scene when Tifa tells Cloud off is...why the heck did Tifa not run after her children? She was healed, right? Why didn't she go after them? This is one of the reasons I never liked the "magical healingz" in the church--if Tifa was injured, it'd be a legitimate reason for her not to be able to go after her kids.

But she just waits for silly Cloud to go. And then she doesn't even go with him. I mean, I realize they were trying to push the whole Cloud-being-a-hero thing, but I think the family should have been more important than Cloud emoing, even from a story perspective.

But it's just a little gripe. XD

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
You know, one thing that irks me about that whole scene when Tifa tells Cloud off is...why the heck did Tifa not run after her children? She was healed, right? Why didn't she go after them? This is one of the reasons I never liked the "magical healingz" in the church--if Tifa was injured, it'd be a legitimate reason for her not to be able to go after her kids.

Because Tifa just got her fucking ass kicked by Loz trying to defend Marlene. Let Cloud get off his ass and go fight opponents that are at his level and curbstomp them. Wtf?

But she just waits for silly Cloud to go. And then she doesn't even go with him. I mean, I realize they were trying to push the whole Cloud-being-a-hero thing, but I think the family should have been more important than Cloud emoing, even from a story perspective.

Because Cloud's the man who's at the level of fighting them and winning. Who the fuck is going to mind the store and be there in case someone (i.e. Shinra and the Turks) find something else out regarding Sephiroth and his remnants?

Ryushikaze

Deus Admiral Parsimonious, PHD, DDS, MD, JD, OBE
AKA
Tim, Ryu

Because there was no magical healingz.

Tifa was not at full after her fight with Loz. Cloud has the equipment and the skill to chase after the kids.

Last edited:

fainessae

sleepy
Oh, thanks Ryu. For some reason I thought one of the Ultimanias or something mentioned that Cloud and Tifa's wounds are healed by the time they wake up in their kids' room, but maybe I was mistaken. =)

Ryushikaze

Deus Admiral Parsimonious, PHD, DDS, MD, JD, OBE
AKA
Tim, Ryu
No, it says 'they heal on their own' but it doesn't say that all their damage is gone.

Celes Chere

Banned
AKA
Noctis
Gosh I haven't been called a douche since 4th grade LMAO.

aerisgtfo.jpg

Because Tifa just got her fucking ass kicked by Loz trying to defend Marlene.

Here's something I hate... I really dislike when some people claim that Tifa was worthless, because she put up a good fight. I can't stand people saying that Tifa couldn't help Cloud fight, but Aerith could, so that makes her more important. -sigh-

Last edited:

Isabella

Your Mom
I agree with faine, actually. Even if Tifa isn't fully healed, any mother who's capable of walking, no crawling, is going to go after her children. She isn't going to wait around for Daddy to feel like going if her kids are in mortal danger. Maternal instinct is a powerful thing.

Alessa Gillespie

AKA
I agree with faine, actually. Even if Tifa isn't fully healed, any mother who's capable of walking, no crawling, is going to go after her children. She isn't going to wait around for Daddy to feel like going if her kids are in mortal danger. Maternal instinct is a powerful thing.
Unfortunately, I think the director(s) of Advent Children know nothing of maternal instinct and just wanted to show off how cool Cloud looks.

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
..Why would Tifa put herself at more risk against an opponent who wiped the floor with her, further endangering the kids, and making Cloud's mission more difficult, when she can rest, fully heal, and be available in case the Turks get back with more info that can help figure out wtf is going on in terms of the situation? Her making it more difficult and shit would make no sense.

Neutron Ronnie

From The Front of Armament
AKA
Powerslave

True, but nothing beats instinct tempered with sense. :monster:

I always figured that Tifa realized she'd not be much help if she went; she realized there was more than one culprit from Loz's conversation. When Loz got serious, he kicked her butt. Even the Turks couldn't, or wouldn't, go. Imagine how much bigger the gap would get when they have numbers and materia on their side, and Tifa is possibly still recovering from her injuries.

Tifa risks her life (more than once) for the children when she knows she can actually do something - if only shield them from harm with her own body.

Come to think of it, the fact that she left it to Cloud without dragging herself along can speak volumes of how much she trusted him to pull his weight when the time came?

Last edited:

Isabella

Your Mom
You're thinking like a man, Mako, as were the writers. :monster: A mother whose kids are in danger isn't logical. She acts on instinct.

Unless people want to argue that Tifa's bond with the children wasn't as powerful as a mother's with her children ...

Roger

He/him
AKA
Minato
Tifa sees Cloud as the father, the mother expecting the father to protect their children is instinct too, doesn't mean the mother's connection to their children in not as powerful.

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
Well of course she has that instinctual drive where she wants to protect them.

She did try to take on a Shadow Creeper, bare-fisted amongst a screaming, panicking crowd in Edge, to protect Denzel. That shows it right there.

But after getting beaten up by Loz severely, and Cloud's there to do it, she'd also understand and be rational. She knows she'd be able to trust Cloud to do it, if she got him moving again. She wouldn't just lose her sense. Why would she not trust Cloud if it'd be the best options?

Isabella

Your Mom
I'm not saying she wouldn't trust Cloud. I'm saying she'd go with him.

Understand, my gripe isn't with Tifa so much as with the writer for not fully "getting it."

Though my true venom is reserved for George Lucas. The ending of ROTS is complete BULLSHIT. But that's a topic for another thread. :awesome:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom