Sonic the Hedgehog

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
Nah he's all big and silver and nasty lookin'
Silversonic.png

I dunno he just looks like Sonic except bigger and a different color. :P

Oni Peridot

Ex-SOLDIER 1st Class
See, you guys have completely grabbed my attention now with Metal/Mecha/Silver Sonic discussions. As a lifelong Sonic fan, I can safely say that Metal Sonic is indeed the best design, as well as the most powerful. Did you SEE him in Sonic Heroes? That was Metal Sonic... totally badass, even if the game itself sucked.

ForceStealer

Double Growth
*shrug* I think Sonic 2's version is still the most imposing. All solid metal and bolted together, that noise he makes, the fact that his spikes move along his back like a freaking repeating saw.
And that move where he rolls up, jumps, and shoots spikes got me SO OFTEN as a kid! :rage: :monster:

Oni Peridot

Ex-SOLDIER 1st Class
There's no denying that Silver Sonic was fairly epic for his time... but in the long run, Metal Sonic is the coolest. Hell, he was the main villain of a freakin' SONIC movie!

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
*shrug* I think Sonic 2's version is still the most imposing. All solid metal and bolted together, that noise he makes, the fact that his spikes move along his back like a freaking repeating saw.
And that move where he rolls up, jumps, and shoots spikes got me SO OFTEN as a kid! :rage: :monster:

It looks like a goddamn FAO Schwartz wind up toy. Get the hell out with your hard on for it. :monster:

The only reason he's so damn tough is Sonic 2 had the BRILLIANT idea of not giving you a single goddamn ring for the final two boss fights. That's so damn cheesy.

Sonic CD's epic race against Metal Sonic in Stardust Speedway is arguably more difficult and requires creative skill to defeat your metal doppelganger in a game of speed.

Oni Peridot

Ex-SOLDIER 1st Class
It looks like a goddamn FAO Schwartz wind up toy. Get the hell out with your hard on for it. :monster:

The only reason he's so damn tough is Sonic 2 had the BRILLIANT idea of not giving you a single goddamn ring for the final two boss fights. That's so damn cheesy.

Sonic CD's epic race against Metal Sonic in Stardust Speedway is arguably more difficult and requires creative skill to defeat your metal doppelganger in a game of speed.

I'm quoting this for truth, man! XD

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster

They do not deter me now but I remember those days...

Either way I'm not saying he wasn't cool, but the one from Sonic 2 was rather throw away boss. Metal Sonic, like a said, is practically an actual character.

I challenge you to find Sonic 2's demeaning himself in such a way Mr. Dated-reference :monster:

lol What? haha

Is it bad that I watched the whole thing?

Last edited:

ForceStealer

Double Growth
HELL YEAH CHEMICAL PLANT ZONE.
5957555631_00583f8d80.jpg

5957554691_1fc89dc71d.jpg

Oh no that pink liquid! :P
5957555221_2b42ac5493.jpg

Also, is that a race with Metal Sonic I spot?
5958110440_662b6475bd.jpg

Thanks Tets, this game is looking great.

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
Holy shit. Stardust Speedway never looked better.

Goddamn, I'm stoked now. The flames of excitement have been lit!!!

...I'm totally gonna end up loving Classic Sonic more than the current one.

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
Goddamn, I hope the Stardust Speedway music is arranged from the original one.

That's...a damn good point. I think it will be. Because there's no point in going through the extra effort at this point, when most people WANT the original Japanese music and it's extremely easier to just give it.

I prefer the Sonic CD Japanese soundtrack by far. But to be fair, the US version was good too. I appreciate the hard work they put into it.

Sonic 2's music is gonna be pretty epic too. Sonic 2 is definitely my favorite of the original 4 Sega Genesis games. Sonic 1 is great, and I appreciate Sonic III and Sonic and Knuckles, but Sonic 2 was just. It was something special.

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
It annoyed me that only the European release on Mega CD had the original soundtrack and then every other EU release all of a sudden used the US soundtrack. Wtf Sega.

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
And that was only for your region's PC version right?

Every console version has had the US soundtrack. Which sucks ass.

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
If they ever plan to re-release Sonic CD again they should just give people the option to choose which soundtrack to use imo.

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
Agreed, but sadly I doubt they will anytime in the foreseeable future.

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
I...must resist...resist the urge...to fangirl squee...

Smooth Criminal said:
Sonic 2 is definitely my favorite of the original 4 Sega Genesis games. Sonic 1 is great, and I appreciate Sonic III and Sonic and Knuckles, but Sonic 2 was just. It was something special.

Oh this. This so much. <3

Sonic 2 is always the one that will hold a special place in my heart. Always. <3

EDIT:

CLASSIC AND MODERN TAILS!!!
5958108802_d2bbbd055b_z.jpg

Last edited:

ForceStealer

Double Growth
There is almost no difference in Tails, lol. His eyes and his shoes are the only thing. And I think my favorite part in that retrospective video is when he taps his foot after Adventure 2 as if to say "Okay...get's a little shitty here for a bit." :P

And while Sonic 2 was the first Sonic game I owned (I played Sonic 1 at my cousins house when I was REAL young when I thought his name was Sega because they sang it :P), S3&K is the best for me. It's just the most complete game in every facet.

Speaking of releases for Sonic CD, why is it not on any of the console's online stores yet? And better yet, why the hell does PSN not have S3&K? :@

Last edited:
Top Bottom