• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

Sonic the Hedgehog

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
Shit must've been really bad to make Stealth step up and speak out like this.

Fuck, what the hell did Sega do to this?

I hope their team will be okay and not get blackballed over this.

Tashasaurous

Tash for Short
AKA
Sailor Moon, Mini Moon, Hotaru, Cardcaptor Sakura, Meilin, Xion, Kairi, Aqua, Tifa, Aerith, Yuffie, Elena, Misty, May, Dawn, Casey, Fiona, Ellie

I seriously think this game is meant for mature players and not for children. Let's hope the future Sonic games don't involve Ian Flynn the next time around.

ForceStealer

Double Growth
That was a very thorough review, thanks. The Sonic 1, 2, and CD specials stages really do look excellent, and their remastered soundtracks sound awesome! I have always sucked at the CD special stage, I wonder if I'd be better at the improved version :P (Although I'm not good at Mania's either, so maybe not.)

As he says, that also makes it that much more disappointing that this isn't quite the definitive collection it should be.
As I said before, my biggest draw for this would be for console, which is always gonna be a tough sell to me with those S3 replacement tracks (I can't believe they don't even sound like the best versions of those tracks!)
I have no doubt modders will fix most or all of the issues on PC, but even so I'm not gonna reward Sega's shoddy work with a full-price purchase unless they put some effort into fixing things.

Tashasaurous

Tash for Short
AKA
Sailor Moon, Mini Moon, Hotaru, Cardcaptor Sakura, Meilin, Xion, Kairi, Aqua, Tifa, Aerith, Yuffie, Elena, Misty, May, Dawn, Casey, Fiona, Ellie

Edit: Sorry about the last video. This one should be better.

Ghost X

Re: Sonic 3 concepts. Glad they didn't go ahead with Knuckles with the fringe thing :P. Seeing those other character concepts down the page was also a bit disturbing.

Tashasaurous

Tash for Short
AKA
Okay, so I think I have a new theory on how this story will turn out due to the appearance of Sage and what has happened here, and I still think the game will have a sad/dark ending unfortunately.
Anyway, here's how I think it will turn out: Based on the first 'fake' summary in December last year, Eggman's plans to use the ancient technology while having secretly stolen that Chaos Emeralds goes haywire when Starfall Island's Titan Robots take over and trap him by unleashing the Cyberspace to lure people in via Sage, who may be a haunted ghost who is trapped due to the terrible civil war that killed virtually everyone and because of her loniness and loss, she lost all sympathy to become the main antagonist, while stealing his memories to begin her plot to put in fake ones and force other people who do not escape the digital realms to stay forever to her own entertainment or whatever other reason.

But perhaps Eggman's consciousness is put into the drone which would help and/or trick Sonic, who barely escapes after he and his friends end up sucked in at the cost of his memories into finding the Chaos Emeralds for his own gains. While finding the Memory Tokens to rescue his friends as well as restore their memories, going through the Cyberspace levels to regain his own as well as his abilities using the Skill Tree, and locating the Chaos Emeralds, Sage, seeing that he escaped and wants to achieve is goal due to his strong spirit and heart, and not wanting history to repeat itself, keeps on telling him to leave but he does.

Once Sonic regains his memories and going through his own emotional turmoil while finding the Chaos Emeralds, by learning of the truth and attempting to rescue his friends including Knuckles who, theoretically, has been kidnapped in the Prologue Short that's coming, and learns that Eggman, who also regains his memories, has tricked him, after fighting against him when the evil scientist attempts to steal everybody's memories and turn them into empty husks to become his slaves, Sage then attacks and angrily kidnaps him as well as Sonic's friends once again and steals the Emeralds by using the negative powers to merge with a giant Titan to destroy him. Either Sonic is killed or imprisoned in the Cyberspace, the cries from his friends renew his spirit and memories before he manages to escape by the Chaos Emeralds hearing his calls, and transforms into Super Sonic to defeat Sage once and for all.

While the first ending theory is still similar to my previous theories that it will lead into the events of Sonic Prime, here's a new ending of how the game would turn out.

Sage returns to normal and Sonic realizes that she has suffered such pain of being all alone after the tragic deaths of her own family, friends and people, and he and his friends sympathize her loss. They then give her support and Knuckles reveals how he went through the similar thing, while Sonic ensures Sage that the War is over, that she can't always live in the past but move forward to the future, even in the afterlife. He reveals that he and his friends have had been alone themselves, but it was destiny that lead them all together as a family.

Ending idea 1: Sage, realizing her mistake, sheds tears before thanking Sonic's group for helping her finally move on and once they promise to never return to Starfall Islands again and to ensure they would not repeat history, she ascends for the heavens to reunite with her loved ones before they too leave for home, and Eggman leaves as well, vowing revenge against Sonic as usual.

Ending idea 2: Sonic offers Sage to join him and the others so that she won't be alone anymore, just as she accepts, the Titans suddenly begin to self-destruct which forces her, in her way to atone for her actions, to send Sonic's group including Eggman off of Starfall Islands and back to Green Hill Zone(the real one) by using the Master Emerald and Chaos Control, sacrificing herself and destroying Starfall Islands as a result, and the heroes mourn for the loss of Sage. In the post-credits scene, Sonic, still in mourning, is greeted with a freed spirit of Sage where he happily embraces her, before she thanks him for his kindness and once he promises to take care of his own friends, she ascends for the heavens to reunite with her late loved ones, finally in peace. The story ends with Sonic, vowing to never forget again, runs off to happily join Tails, Amy and everybody else as he promises himself to never take his friends for granted as well as being excited for future adventures up ahead.

As I said, I'm still convinced that this game will lead into the events of Sonic Prime and it won't have a good ending, this is what I think what the story may happen so far.

Rankles

Pro Adventurer
Not even remotely hyped for Frontiers tbh. I know what I want from a Sonic game, and this doesn’t seem to tick any of those boxes.

ultima espio

Pro Adventurer
Mania now has a decomplation similar to what we got for 1/2/CD. It's been ported to Vita:

This is the last one, they won't be decompiling S3K.

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
This game looks legit. This trailer is the best by far. Much better debut than the previous ones lol

Nandemoyasan

Standing guard
AKA
Johnny
So, a blue Not-Mickey-Mouse/Not-Felix-The-Cat who can run really hecking fast and is covered in spikes decides to beat up a fat bald mad scientist who is turning his animal friends into robots and trying to steal a bunch of crystals that will allow him to idk make French toast without using eggs or something

I’ve played the first four games in the series to death but that story has never not seemed like it was spawned by drugs

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
So, a blue Not-Mickey-Mouse/Not-Felix-The-Cat who can run really hecking fast and is covered in spikes decides to beat up a fat bald mad scientist who is turning his animal friends into robots and trying to steal a bunch of crystals that will allow him to idk make French toast without using eggs or something

I’ve played the first four games in the series to death but that story has never not seemed like it was spawned by drugs

Dr. Eggman uses the emeralds to create a Death Star-esque space station and superweapon to wage war against the planet and shapes it in his own Egg-like visage. :wackymonster:

All while having seemingly unlimited resources, funding and machinery to make it happen. It's great.

Top Bottom