Sony/Anonymous Nonsense & the PSN Outage ... also GeoHotz

Cookie Monster

NOM NOM NOM
david-the-idiot-blaine.jpg

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
PSN is gonna be back up May 31st :monster:'

It ain't dead yet!

...Sure as hell better not be. I still have dlc for Fallout 3, New Vegas, Dead Space 2, and Marvel vs. Capcom to get, damnit.

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
Sonique, Quexinos, Pinkie Pie, Derpy Hooves
Even if it is I have a feeling Anon's going to screw with it again =/

X-SOLDIER

Harbinger O Great Justice
AKA
X
I hope that Anon's too busy dealing with their own Anonsense to really focus on PSN anymore. All I know is that the Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Reverie DLC is going to get an announcement when PSN is back online, and does want.

X :neo:

Ⓐaron

Factiō Rēpūblicāna dēlenda est.
AKA
The Man, V
it's worth noting that a number of other Anon members have taken issue with the statements that guy makes. So it really just sounds to me like that one guy is a major dick.

ForceStealer

Double Growth
Well I meant the article showed how pathetic they were, not necessarily his accusations.

And I think many more of them than that one guy are dicks.

Ⓐaron

AKA
The Man, V
I'm sure more people in the organisation than that are dicks. However I doubt many of them caused as much damage or pissed as many people off as that guy did.

And yeah it sounds like pretty dumb drama but let's face it, if someone from here did what that Ryan guy did then I'm pretty sure pretty much everyone would get pissed at him too.

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
I hope that Anon's too busy dealing with their own Anonsense to really focus on PSN anymore. All I know is that the Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Reverie DLC is going to get an announcement when PSN is back online, and does want.

X :neo:

Ugh, I totally didn't even think about the LoS DLC. D:

Yeah, I want that one too.

Dana Scully

Special Agent
AKA
YACCBS, Legato Bluesummers, Daenaerys Targaryen, Revy, Kate Beckett, Samantha Carter, Matsumoto Rangiku
Wasn't sure whether to put this here, or in the Dues Ex thread, or in it's own topic, so feel free to move it.

Dues Ex website hacked, customer info stolen

According to a report on KrebsOnSecurity, the public websites for upcoming sci-fi title Deus Ex: Human Revolution and that of its publisher, Eidos, have been hacked, and a ton of information and code stolen. Using logs from the alleged culprit's chatroom, KrebsOnSecurity says that among the data lifted were 9000 resumes, personal information from around 80,000 registered fans/users of Deus Ex's website and, most alarmingly for Eidos, there was talk of leaking the "src", which it's speculated could mean the "source" code for the game (though this seems unlikely, and they're probably referring to be the code for the websites).
What's interesting is that the group responsible seems to be the same one that turned on hacktivist group Anonymous earlier in the week, and in the wake of this attack, has itself splintered, its "members" turning on each other.
Guys, if you want people to think you're anything more than bitchy high school girls with an appetite for destruction, you gotta learn to stick together!

Ⓐaron

AKA
The Man, V
Enough is enough. >.>
I HAVE HAD IT WITH THESE MOTHERFUCKING HACKERS ON THIS MOTHERFUCKING INTERNET!

or, alternatively, for the TV version:

I HAVE HAD IT WITH THESE MONKEY-FIGHTING HACKERS ON THIS MONDAY-TO-FRIDAY INTERNET!

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
Oh, Sweet Jesus...

Can we get corporate software and hardware designers to get their heads out of their asses and fucking lock up their goddamn data?

Why the hell are there so many fucking holes in security here?

Dana Scully

Special Agent
AKA
YACCBS, Legato Bluesummers, Daenaerys Targaryen, Revy, Kate Beckett, Samantha Carter, Matsumoto Rangiku
Oh, Sweet Jesus...

Can we get corporate software and hardware designers to get their heads out of their asses and fucking lock up their goddamn data?

Why the hell are there so many fucking holes in security here?

Sigh.

Though it's been said a couple times in this thread already, apparently it bears repeating.

There will ALWAYS be holes. It is literally impossible to have a completely impervious system, unless you unplug your network cable.

Now I don't know if Eidos did something particularly stupid that allowed this security breach to take place, but until we get confirmation that something like that did in fact happen, how about we stop blaming Eidos and start blaming the douches who hacked them.

ForceStealer

Double Growth
Everyone's focus on the victims of hacking like Mako is exactly why this can keep happening with impunity. With enough effort, as YACCBS said, a hacker(s) can get into anything.

Instead of suing companies for not being able to do the impossible, howabout we work on a way to CATCH THE FUCKERS DOING IT. Or shall we start suing convenience stores that get robbed for having such squishy cashiers that are vulnerable to bullets?

Eidos has nothing to do with Sony, so I wonder if these hackers are starting to branch out, since its obvious no one can catch them, what's to stop them from hitting everyone?

Top Bottom