Sony's Spider-Man: Now a Part of the MCU; And Now Not Again; And Now Is Again

Geostigma

Pro Adventurer
AKA
gabe
IIRC doesnt Webb want to do a Venom movie sometime? I know they have a lot planned for spidermans gallery and really want it to feel like the MCU.

I really wish MCU was set with this

I personally dont think its out of the question. Sony has already proven they are ok with trying to figure things out. If I remember correctly didnt they try to get the Oscorp building in the New York skyline for The Avengers but the skyline had already been created and the movie was to far along to back track?

I dont think we will ever seen Fox work with Marvel/Disney but I can see Sony trying to make something happen.

@Carlie
Its probable unfortunately :< Mary Jane was intended to be in this movie but they cut her scenes out and saved them for Amazing Spiderman 3. So unfortunately I do believe one of the female leads may bite the bullet... Personally I hope its MJ. Gwenn is so much cooler.

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
In other news, Germany once again added an unnecessary subtitle to a movie, in this case "Rise of Electro".

<.<

Why not "Electric Boogaloo"? Would've been just as appropriate given the villain. :awesome:

Super Mario

IT'S A ME!
AKA
Jesse McCree. I feel like a New Man
Why don't they make it "The Goblin Strikes Back?" or "The Rampaging Rhino?" or better yet "The Terrible Trio: Spider-man and his amazing enemies"

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
tumblr_mxeqeygmmn1suscsro2_500.gif

tumblr_mxeqeygmmn1suscsro3_500.jpg

By Joy Mercado

Some people have visions of the future. Me?

I went and saw it with my own eyes.

Behind the ridiculously fortified superdoors of OsCorp Industries headquarters the future waits patiently for the rest of us to arrive. Only a privileged few reside there &#8212; guardians of the secrets that only time (and intrepid journalists!) will reveal.

Under pressure to quiet growing Wall Street rumors of plans gone awry, OsCorp spokesman Donald Menken gave me a glimpse into that future.

I was only given limited access to this room, and legally I can&#8217;t discuss what I saw in detail. I can barely describe what I saw now. Had I stepped just one foot deeper, it would have been too overwhelming for me to handle.

Prototypes from the United States Military? CHECK. Alternative energy experiments? CHECK. Stuff I don&#8217;t understand enough to even describe it correctly? SUPERCHECK.

It&#8217;s like what my childhood closet would have looked like if all toys were free and unlimited &#8212; but OsCorp&#8217;s toys can save the world&#8230;or obliterate it.

So, if the future is already in the warehouse, how do they keep advancing? When money is no object, it means the best facilities filled with the brightest minds in science.

The scientific rumor mill (there is such a thing &#8212; I checked) has floated every leading name as a possible contributor. But none is more intriguing than world-renowned nuclear researcher Otto Octavius.

When asked about that rumor, Mr. Menken replied, &#8220;I can&#8217;t confirm or deny any rumors you read on the web. We talk to a number of different scientists every day about our special projects.&#8221;

Hisako

&#28040;&#12360;&#12394;&#12356;&#12402;&#12373;&#
AKA
Satsu, BRIAN BLESSED, MIGHTY AND WISE Junpei Iori: Ace Detective, Maccaffrickstonson von Lichtenstafford Frabenschnaben, Polite Krogan, Robert Baratheon
Thats a great thumbnail that really does him justice

:monster:

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
To be frank... The CGI looks worse than that of the previous movie, and the overall atmosphere seems catered to teenagers. High quantity of #yolo and shit. Also, not impressed.

X-SOLDIER

Harbinger O Great Justice
AKA
X
Nothing like screaming out Spider-Mans real name as loud as you can while people are all around you.

(Hence why she covers her mouth immediately afterwards)

As for the CGI colours - I'm pretty sure this is 100% 3D related. 3D broadcasts are done in brighter color scales usually because they offset the tint from the glasses. When I saw the normal TASM2 trailer before The Hobbit last night, they didn't seem NEARLY as extreme as they do watching them again on a computer monitor.

X :neo:

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
That makes sense, but at the same time, I don't think it'd be that big of an issue to correct the colors for trailer purposes.

Also, do 3d glasses really have a tint, or do they just appear to have because they let less light through?

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
Okay so I finally watched The Amazing Spider-Man last night and I really enjoyed it quite a bit.

I feel like such a traitor to my younger self that had loved the first two Raimi movies, though.

I mean, there were a few points about the movie that I wish could have been more like the Raimi trilogy, but there were also aspects of the Raimi trilogy that this new movie completely threw out that I am so glad they did.

I also think the story didn't have as much heart and emotion as the Raimi trilogy, but Andrew Garfield's performance really helps to pick up the slack. He is a much better Peter Parker than Toby Maguire was, and it almost hurts me to say that, but I have to admit it!

Gym Leader Devil

True Master of the Dark-type (suck it Piers)
AKA
So many names
I thought that did get mentioned earlier? Still, its a pretty big piece of news so it probably bears repeating anyway :monster:

Top Bottom