[SPOILERS] KH 2.8 Discussion Thread

Tashasaurous

Tash for Short
AKA
Sailor Moon, Mini Moon, Hotaru, Cardcaptor Sakura, Meilin, Xion, Kairi, Aqua, Tifa, Aerith, Yuffie, Elena, Misty, May, Dawn, Casey, Fiona, Ellie
Yes, as a humorous way of knocking you for going on about how the other worlds had all these random magic things but Toy Story didn't because it was a normal world with talking toys. He was laughing at the cognitive dissonance inherent in essentially every one of your posts. That wasn't a "stop talking about this" comment, it was a "We're done here because you admitted the opposite of what you were arguing against in your very post!" You kept arguing with the guy, and then you just threw in a line saying that he was right!

That's not funny.:(

How was I supposed to know when he said, "We're done here" meant what you said instead of ending the argument? I thought he meant that he didn't want to argue about this anymore so I dropped it because I wasn't in the mood to argue about it anymore either. I wasn't trying to do the "KH3 and FFVII Compilation" thing again. I was just SAYING that Toy Story will NOT work in Kingdom Hearts in the same way as Marvel and Star Wars will not work in Kingdom Hearts, and trying to explain the reasons why.

Besides, I can't read people's minds. A few people in billions of many other people across the planet can do that, but that's not me.

So can we please drop this and move on about Marvel and Square? I don't want this to be a repeat of my arguments of Nomura thing again.

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
Sonique, Quexinos, Pinkie Pie, Derpy Hooves
I was just SAYING that Toy Story will NOT work in Kingdom Hearts in the same way as Marvel and Star Wars will not work in Kingdom Hearts, and trying to explain the reasons why.

I don't mean to drag up an old argument but I always figured if they DID do this, Sora, Donald and Goofy would be toys :monster:

At any rate, if Pirates of the Caribbean and Tron can work in KH, I don't see why some Marvel worlds wouldn't.

And honestly -- I did love KH up through KH2. The mobile aspect of KHcoded annoyed me, and that's probably when it started losing me. By the time 358/2 Days came along, I was well on my way out the door. With KH3D, I slammed it behind me.

I will play KH3 at some point, though.

Coded was bad.. I heard... but what was wrong with Days and KH3D?... I thought DDD was pretty good, at least on the PS4 :monster:

Tashasaurous

Tash for Short
AKA
Sailor Moon, Mini Moon, Hotaru, Cardcaptor Sakura, Meilin, Xion, Kairi, Aqua, Tifa, Aerith, Yuffie, Elena, Misty, May, Dawn, Casey, Fiona, Ellie
I was just SAYING that Toy Story will NOT work in Kingdom Hearts in the same way as Marvel and Star Wars will not work in Kingdom Hearts, and trying to explain the reasons why.
I don't mean to drag up an old argument but I always figured if they DID do this, Sora, Donald and Goofy would be toys :monster:

At any rate, if Pirates of the Caribbean and Tron can work in KH, I don't see why some Marvel worlds wouldn't.

I know about Sora, Donald and Goofy in ending up transforming, but, how can one put up Heartless if Woody will go completely nuts in having even a harder time convincing Buzz that he's a toy, especially when Sora's group are from other worlds while Buzz isn't even a real Space Ranger? Confusion there which I wouldn't really like and can't see happening.

Pirates of the Caribbean has it's own unnatural elements, especially with the Cursed Treasure of Cortez, the Heaten Gods and Davy Jones's Locker, while Radiant Garden had the computer stuff already, which is why Tron was able to be used in KH2.

Marvel is not originally Disney nor is it originally Square Enix. Sure both companies bought them, but neither really made them. Same thing with Star Wars. The only reason why The World Ends with You Characters managed to get into KHDDD because they're Square property.

And honestly -- I did love KH up through KH2. The mobile aspect of KHcoded annoyed me, and that's probably when it started losing me. By the time 358/2 Days came along, I was well on my way out the door. With KH3D, I slammed it behind me.

I will play KH3 at some point, though.
Coded was bad.. I heard... but what was wrong with Days and KH3D?... I thought DDD was pretty good, at least on the PS4

I liked Coded, and I liked Days and KHDDD as well. Problem is, most people don't like Coded yet it was remade twice while Before Crisis had a similiar problem yet wasn't even remade yet, which is really stupid.

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
The only reason why The World Ends with You Characters managed to get into KHDDD because they're Square property.

what do you mean "you characters"?

Tashasaurous

Tash for Short
AKA
The only reason why The World Ends with You Characters managed to get into KHDDD because they're Square property.
what do you mean "you characters"?

"The World Ends with You" characters; You've seen them already-Neku, Shiki, Beat, Rhyme and Joshua. The name is the title of the DS game that was ported up to IOS a couple of times.

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
Coded was bad.. I heard... but what was wrong with Days and KH3D?... I thought DDD was pretty good, at least on the PS4 :monster:

The stories started to sound really bonkers and desperately constructed.

Sixth version of Sora!
13th version of Xehanort!
Time travel!

Makes you want to pour gasoline all over Kingdom Hearts (the one in their universe; the original one) and light a match.

Tashasaurous

Tash for Short
AKA
Oh sorry I misread your post... I gotcha, cool, thanks

That's cool. I sensed that you were confused, so that's why I re-explained myself.

Sixth version of Sora!
Time travel!

Makes you want to pour gasoline all over Kingdom Hearts (the one in their universe; the original one) and light a match.

Sixth version of Sora? Don't you mean fourth? Because the real Sora is the first, Roxas is the second and Xion is somewhat a female third.

And I think the main reason why they decided to make twelve more Xehanorts is because, as far as superstition goes, 13 is a bad luck number while 7 is the lucky number in good cases.

The Time Travel is admittedly a bit of an overkill for this situation, especially when Xehanort is doing this just to bring different versions of himself to destroy the world over the bloody X-Blade, but then again, Time Travel was used in KH2 at Disney Castle. Just hope they don't use that method again in KH3.

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA

Sixth version of Sora!
Time travel!

Oh okay... honestly I think the Xehanort saga should have ended with Kingdom Hearts 2. Cause yeah I know what you mean... I'm still not following DDDs story at all despite people explaining it to me. But the gameplay is usually still good and that's why I play the games... story be damned

Tashasaurous

Tash for Short
AKA
Coded was bad.. I heard... but what was wrong with Days and KH3D?... I thought DDD was pretty good, at least on the PS4

Sixth version of Sora!
Time travel!

Oh okay... honestly I think the Xehanort saga should have ended with Kingdom Hearts 2. Cause yeah I know what you mean... I'm still not following DDDs story at all despite people explaining it to me. But the gameplay is usually still good and that's why I play the games... story be damned

I've been waiting for the Xehanort saga to end since 2012 since KH3 is his final appearence, but we just can't seem to get rid of him fast enough. Hmm, come to think it, I never thought he'd actually return until the DS version of Coded. Hell, the Sephiroth saga ended with Advent Children and he only made a full appearence in the near ending of the film.

The only thing I can really say about DDD is mainly about Sora and Riku taking on the Mark of Mastery Exams so that they can become Keyblade Masters to defeat Xehanort who returned to his original form but as he said in the secret ending of Birth By Sleep and as Yen Sid told Mickey in the secret ending of the DS and 2.5 versions of Coded that the old guy has many roads open to go with his plan and discovered the true way of re-creating the X-Blade.

As far as Kingdom Hearts goes, as much as I love the series, I'm sick and tired of facing the Xehanort problems and pretty much want Maleficent to just finally be gotten rid of. She should've stayed dead after KH1, actually.

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
It occurs to me that we probably should be using spoiler tags to discuss KH in this thread. Whoops. :monster:

Sixth version of Sora? Don't you mean fourth? Because the real Sora is the first, Roxas is the second and Xion is somewhat a female third.
I'm counting:

-Sora
-Roxas
-Xion
-Data Sora
-Ventus
-Vanitas

I realize Ventus is technically his own person, but so are Roxas and Xion if you really get down to it. Within the overarching plot, they all function as "other Soras," though -- usually being literal embodiments of him.

Tashasaurous said:
The Time Travel is admittedly a bit of an overkill for this situation, especially when Xehanort is doing this just to bring different versions of himself to destroy the world over the bloody X-Blade, but then again, Time Travel was used in KH2 at Disney Castle. Just hope they don't use that method again in KH3.
The reason it didn't bother me in KH2 is
because it was primarily just a plot device for visiting the "Steamboat Willie" setting, and was used for a rather fun yet overall inconsequential segment. It wasn’t yet a cornerstone (pun intended) of the main plot.

Oh okay... honestly I think the Xehanort saga should have ended with Kingdom Hearts 2.  Cause yeah I know what you mean... I'm still not following DDDs story at all despite people explaining it to me.   But the gameplay is usually still good and that's why I play the games... story be damned
Yeah, it's hard to knock the gameplay.

Tashasaurous

Tash for Short
AKA
It occurs to me that we probably should be using spoiler tags to discuss KH in this thread. Whoops.

I think it's safe to say that we should maybe use the spoiler tags whenever we discuss things about Kingdom Hearts that other people here might not know about.

I'm counting:

-Sora
-Roxas
-Xion
-Data Sora
-Ventus
-Vanitas

I realize Ventus is technically his own person, but so are Roxas and Xion if you really get down to it. Within the overarching plot, they all function as "other Soras," though -- usually being literal embodiments of him.

Did you really just compare Ven's darkness with Sora? I mean sure,
Vanitas does look like him, but he isn't connected to Sora, and Ven is his own person because it was Sora's heart that saved him since he just a newborn baby. And yeah, Roxas and Xion are their own people and they should be turned into humans themselves in KH3 which is what I'm hoping for since I love Xion.
. But still, how's Sora supposed to know all of this?

Tashasaurous said:
The reason it didn't bother me in KH2 is
because it was primarily just a plot device for visiting the "Steamboat Willie" setting, and was used for a rather fun yet overall inconsequential segment. It wasn’t yet a cornerstone (pun intended) of the main plot.

Good point, though I found
Steamboat Willie setting to be a little too icky for me. Sure it's where Mickey's first full appearence came from(Not including the Plane Crazy which was never fully published but it's reboot was used as "Mickey's Airplane Kit" segment of "Mickey Mouse Works).

Then again, they were sort of running out of ideas.

Yeah, it's hard to knock the gameplay.

What I found quite annoying was that we had to play Sora in his 14 year old self yet again instead of his now 16 year old self which I enjoyed the most because the character was moving on. The only time we ever got to play as KH2 Sora was, well, KH2 when he was 15. The rest of the games that you play as him is all him from KH1.

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
I realize Ventus is technically his own person, but so are Roxas and Xion if you really get down to it.

No, don't encourage Roxas

wait.. could this mean the 7 lights are all going to be Sora if the 13th darknesses are all Xehanort :closedmonster:

maybe we should branch off this topic into the KH forum?

Tashasaurous

Tash for Short
AKA
I realize Ventus is technically his own person, but so are Roxas and Xion if you really get down to it.
No, don't encourage Roxas

wait.. could this mean the 7 lights are all going to be Sora if the 13th darknesses are all Xehanort

Nah,
The 7 lights so far are going to be Sora, Riku, Kairi, Lea, Mickey, Ven and Aqua. The 13 Darknesses are practically ALL Xehanorts since he placed twelve pieces of his heart into twelve victums and turned them into clones of himself. Think of them as Sephiroth clones with Sephiroth cells placed by Hojo in Final Fantasy VII

maybe we should branch off this topic into the KH forum?

Yeah, we're pretty much off topic here, aren't we? Let's continue this conversation in the 2.8 Spoilers thread and discuss what to make of Square's involvement with Marvel.

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
Vanitas does look like him, but he isn't connected to Sora, and Ven is his own person because it was Sora's heart that saved him since he just a newborn baby. And yeah, Roxas and Xion are their own people and they should be turned into humans themselves in KH3 which is what I'm hoping for since I love Xion.
I didn't say he did. I said it made KH creatively less interesting to me.

Tashasaurous

Tash for Short
AKA
I didn't say he did. I said it made KH creatively less interesting to me.

The only thing I can complain fully about in DDD is the Country of Musketeers since, while I love the movie, it makes no sense in the KH universe, especially when it comes to Mickey, Donald, Goofy, Minnie and especially Pete.

Plus, as I said, maybe Nomura was starting to run out of ideas to keep us busy so that he doesn't have to hear us from both sides of the world demanding for KH3 for the next half a decade.

You forgot Heartless Sora, Dream Sora, and AntiSora

Dream Sora?
Sora came from the Realm of Light to enter the Realm of Sleep, and besides, there's still only one Sora(not counting the Data-Sora since he's, well, made of data), Roxas is half his own self due to hanging out with Axel, Xion developed into her own being, and the only reason Ven's connected because Sora saved him since birth.

ultima espio

Pro Adventurer
16402940_1215220508513844_5437309382999400832_o.jpg

Aqua's getting her own playarts kai. No release date, but can't be far off if they are showing it in colour.

Tashasaurous

Tash for Short
AKA
Oh cool! Aqua's play arts model looks so awesome! I haven't even got KH2 Sora yet, only King Mickey, and planned on getting Axel and even Advent Children Cloud, but seeing this now makes me want to get Aqua as well! Thanks for posting the image!

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
I don't have any KH Play Arts but THAT... THAT I'm going to buy... I NEED that

Tashasaurous

Tash for Short
AKA
I don't have any KH Play Arts but THAT... THAT I'm going to buy... I NEED that

Next up will be Terra and Ven and Xion.

But what gets to me is, they always release play arts or figurines of Kingdom Hearts after the games are released, yet this time they're releasing a KH3 playarts of Sora before the said game comes out, which is stupid beyond belief.

It almost tells me that they're only going to give us very minimum of KH3 and then later would say, "Oh sorry, but KH3 is cancelled and left up to player's imaginations".

Tashasaurous

Tash for Short
AKA
What does a gameplay of Sora pre-KH3 have to do with what I said?

Top Bottom