Staff Misconduct Thread

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
Sonique, Quexinos, Pinkie Pie, Derpy Hooves
It was the way he worded it. "Good you don't think like they do"... why is it good? Obviously because he finds it ridiculous or stupid that they think that way. That's kind of how I took it anyway.

Alessa Gillespie

a letter to my future self
AKA
Sansa Stark, Sweet Bro, Feferi, tentacleTherapist, Nin, Aki, Catwoman, Shinjiro Aragaki, Terezi, Princess Bubblegum
Personally, I do not see that as a jab at CxA. It's not like he said "All people from this Forum think this" or "This Forum sucks and so do the people there".

The only problem with it, is that it's against the rules imo.
ehhhh idk i've been to some forums where someone was like 'people at the cloti forums don't like cloti as it is, only an idealized version' which i found sort of offensive.

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
Just put yourself in the place of CxA.

"Good, you don't believe that Aerith and Zack are destined like Celes does. I'm glad you don't think like her."
"Good, you don't believe that Aerith is over Zack like Brooke. I'm glad you aren't like that."

Or even the vague

"Good, you don't believe that Aerith was still pining for Zack like some Clotis at TLS do. I'm glad to see you aren't in their number."

You don't find that insulting at all?

EDIT
and I already know you guys are going to say no, but I can tell you straight up, that I know it would bother some people.

I dunno, I guess I'd have to see the entire statement, not just the one sentence, and I don't care about this enough to bother.

End note: not saying he didn't break the rules, but I don't think the statement is nearly offensive enough to spawn all of this.

Celes Chere

Banned
AKA
Noctis
"Good, you don't believe that Aerith and Zack are destined like Celes does. I'm glad you don't think like her."

Ah, but the thing is no names were mentioned in the post. He said "Some people at CxA", not all. And even to the person reading it that matches up with what they said, it's just an opinion and he disagrees with it. If you are that easily offended on the internet, please stop using the internet, lol. If someone wants to say "I'm glad you don't share her opinion" who the fuck cares? The world keeps turning.

I understand where Aki is coming from more, but even then... this statement was nothing like that. That's just the way I see it though.

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
So you have no problem with:

"Good, you don't believe that Aerith was still pining for Zack like some Clotis at TLS do. I'm glad to see you aren't in their number."

Celes Chere

Banned
AKA
Noctis
Mmyeah, I do. His phrase was more like:

"Some people on the Cloti Forums think that Aerith is a bad character in Crisis Core. Glad to see you're not among them."

Zee

wangxian married
AKA
Zee
I dunno, I guess I'd have to see the entire statement, not just the one sentence, and I don't care about this enough to bother.

End note: not saying he didn't break the rules, but I don't think the statement is nearly offensive enough to spawn all of this.

Since I'm the one who brought it up , I just felt I should clarify I brought it up because I felt it was a violation of the rules, not because it was offensive to me or anything.

But I will say I'm really sick of CxA being brought up constantly by people who don't even like the ship or the members and all it does is just feed into that stupid "us vs them" shipper mentality. I don't feel like that is conducive to any discussion.

Octo

KULT OF KERMITU
AKA
Octo, Octorawk, Clarky Cat, Kissmammal2000
This whole discussion reminds me of that Dolly Parton quote: "I'm not offended by all the dumb blonde jokes because I know I'm not dumb... and I also know that I'm not blonde."

I don't think Ryu's comment was meant to be a deliberate slur or anything. He was glad that someone had a viewpoint that he agreed with. He didn't mention anyone specific by name.
Obviously there have been rules set in place about not mentioning other forums/the past/etc etc. Maybe its because I am not particularly bothered about the LTD, but I think all the rules should be removed. I think it is insulting to everybodys intelligence to have such restrictions placed on the discussion.

It should boil down to this: People should be civil to each other, it isn't hard. We have debates here about serious stuff and people manage not to insult each other. This is not the Northern Ireland peace process. :monster:

Joker

We have come to terms
AKA
Godot
Whether it was deliberate or not doesn't matter, though - it's more a question of how acceptable it is (or isn't), since it seems like maybe some people would like the LTD rules relaxed a bit.

Marle

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Ava, Spike Spiegel, Stella Nox Fleuret, Altair Ibn-La'Ahad, Princess Zelda, Alice, Raven Roth, Faye Valentine, Tifa Lockhart, Khal Drogo
I don't think Ryu's generalization was that bad. It's like saying how some Clotis are batshit rabid. I can't say that isn't true; it is. :\ I am a Cloti myself but like to think that I'm no psychotic rabid.

I can see where Aki is coming from though, so I'm not too sure.

Basically, Zee summed it up well:

But I will say I'm really sick of CxA being brought up constantly by people who don't even like the ship or the members and all it does is just feed into that stupid "us vs them" shipper mentality. I don't feel like that is conducive to any discussion.
If avoidable, why bring it up at all? Talking about the beliefs of people over at CxA doesn't really help anything. Why not just talk about the belief itself? Like:

Some people like to think that Aerith got over Zack and loves Cloud more but I disagree with this idea.

I think something like that is a lot better than targeting only a small group of people at another forum. :T But that's just my two cents. Either way, I'm not really bothered by this but I can see why some people might be.

Since I'm the one who brought it up , I just felt I should clarify I brought it up because I felt it was a violation of the rules, not because it was offensive to me or anything.

No worries, that wasn't directed at you. More at the way this is starting to become drama and spawn off into other issues and I don't think the initial issue had to cause drama kind of thing.

Alessa Gillespie

a letter to my future self
AKA
Sansa Stark, Sweet Bro, Feferi, tentacleTherapist, Nin, Aki, Catwoman, Shinjiro Aragaki, Terezi, Princess Bubblegum
To be fair, the activity was fine even though information wasn't new for a good five or so years.

The topic only started dying down until recently.
Ehh, CotLW came out which showed Aerith loved Cloud as well as some revisions to CoT and ACC, which had some clarifications to the plot of AC, plus some stuff that had only recently been translated.

besides that, a good majority of the lt could have had the spam removed and there only would have honestly been maybe three topics at best. :\

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Leon S. Kennedy,Terry Bogard, The Dark Knight, Dacon, John Marston, Teal'c
To be fair, the activity was fine even though information wasn't new for a good five or so years.

The topic only started dying down until recently.

Because people aren't allowed to spam and be dicks anymore.

A lot of those pages came from arguments fueled by vitriol. Then there was all of the pointless spam and shit.

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
Mmyeah, I do. His phrase was more like:

"Some people on the Cloti Forums think that Aerith is a bad character in Crisis Core. Glad to see you're not among them."

Lol, this is turning into half my debates with Shroudy. Me thinks word games are being played. My quote that I posted that you said you had a problem with was much closer to his original.

original said:
Good. Some people from the CxA forums would insist Cloud was just another child or a rebellious teenager as far as his role went. Good to see you aren't among their number.

mine said:

yours said:

I'm sorry but what is the huge difference here? Why is yours not offensive when mine is and Ryu's isn't but mine is even though mine is closer to his? the only difference I see is that I spoke of something that you believe in.

Also

and

If avoidable, why bring it up at all? Talking about the beliefs of people over at CxA doesn't really help anything. Why not just talk about the belief itself? Like:

Some people like to think that Aerith got over Zack and loves Cloud more but I disagree with this idea.

I think something like that is a lot better than targeting only a small group of people at another forum. :T But that's just my two cents. Either way, I'm not really bothered by this but I can see why some people might be.

THANK YOU!

Last edited:

Cat Rage Room

Great Old One
AKA
Mog
Alright, that's fair. How many people are interested in LTD discussion continuing? How active is it in other places?

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
I have an LTD forum that's totally dead. There's no one to debate with anymore. if anyone does debate, they drop off the face of the earth two days later. I think it should be okay to discuss arguments as long as you aren't naming people like instead of, "People at CxA think that..." it should be, "I've seen some argue that..."

Does that make sense?

Zee

wangxian married
AKA
Zee
I think if someone posted an opinion all the replier needs to do is respond to that opinion and not worry about what anyone else is arguing whether that is "cxa" or "some/others".

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
But a lot of us think the same and sometimes some of us (like myself) want to hear everyone's views on something they might have seen elsewhere :monster:

Cat Rage Room

Great Old One
AKA
Mog
hey uh my question

Especially since stuff from other communities are mentioned here; how active are those communities?

Top Bottom