Staff Misconduct Thread

Geostigma

Pro Adventurer
AKA
gabe
Because that's all this has consisted of.

Really. Not anything else said or brought up in this thread.

Fucksake.

Enough of this bullshit.

I propose we open a thread specifically for filing member complaints with staff, and a thread for discussing what the complaints thoroughly to come a proper conclusion, with civil minded folks who keep a cool head.

We can do that. We've done it several times before. I don't know what the fuck happened in the last few months to change that, but it's time we got back to it.

Taking the forum far to serious.

Alex

alex is dead
AKA
Alex, Ashes, Pennywise, Bill Weasley, Jack's Smirking Revenge, Sterling Archer
Yeah the forum sometimes has a bit of an issue with that.

Joker

We have come to terms
AKA
Godot
I tried referencing this when i said Omega should change his Username back, as far as im concerned when i see the username Harry Potter, i think of Aaron. Like wise for V and many others. And gets quite confusing when i see two of your known usernames in the same thread at the same time.

In fact what the fuck dude, quit hogging the good UN's.

I like how omega has stolen both of our known Aliases :>
And about four of mine have also been taken by other members. Matter of fact, one of the members on the board has a quote of something that I said well over a year ago from a username of mine that is currently in use *by someone else*.

Thing is, A) I don't actually give a crap about it, and B) you never really post here anymore anyway :oscar:

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Leon S. Kennedy,Terry Bogard, The Dark Knight, Dacon, John Marston, Teal'c
Taking the forum far to serious.

twithwrexs.png

Could you have made a more pointless post man?

There is too much sensationalism in this thread.

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
Okay, Gabe seriously. Stop. Treat the thread seriously and respect who you're posting to or just post elsewhere. We get your opinion and how you feel, now let's please be respectful.

The thread's taking a much more positive direction, and I'd like to keep it that way.

X-SOLDIER

Harbinger O Great Justice
AKA
X
Ok, so can we do this now? :awesome:

Can anyone else who has something specific to say about how they feel that a staff member from TLS is currently or has recently been exhibiting characteristics of misconduct that hasn't been dealt with thus far? We'd be glad to listen, and address concerns accordingly.

Barring that, I don't see any reason to continue this branch of the username-related drama discussion towards staff or how whoever said whatever in whatever manner. What was said was said, drama happened. If there are any real concerns about TLS's current Staff's conduct, let's address it clearly, directly, and take care of it and ignore the extraneous bits. If not, let's move on.

X :neo:

Cat Rage Room

Great Old One
AKA
Mog
Nine pages, huh.

For everyone's sake I hope everyone walks away from this with a sense of resolution, it would be a shame for all this to happen to have nothing solved for anyone.

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Someone make the Complaint filing thread, and the Discussion thread plz.

I nominate Mog.

Cat Rage Room

Great Old One
AKA
Mog
I'll seriously do it if everyone can commit to be willing to work with me. I'm a pretty easy person to compromise with, and while I'm not the forum God, it would be a start for me to mediate everyone's issues and try to work with the rest of the Staff for a solution.

Ⓐaron

Factiō Rēpūblicāna dēlenda est.
AKA
The Man, V
Nine pages, huh.

For everyone's sake I hope everyone walks away from this with a sense of resolution, it would be a shame for all this to happen to have nothing solved for anyone.

I'm interested to see what you would have done to resolve things, because I have to confess that I don't really feel comfortable with the way things have been left. It looks like things are pretty settled for now, but I'm still pretty worried that they could erupt again at any time.

Gym Leader Devil

True Master of the Dark-type (suck it Piers)
AKA
So many names
Maybe it's because I'm in the military and I have to deal with the possibility and reality of people I know, don't know, friends, and myself getting blown up and defending the country and all that good stuff puts things in perspective, but holy shit, this is petty. Like, most of the shit people argue about is petty.

Like, who gives a fuck. I can legitimately see the argument on both sides (yes, name changing is a privilege and having rules about it are fair, but yes, we should have consistent and fair rules about it that are clear to everyone), but why can't disagreements like this be solved in a few posts instead of two or three topics?

Just EVERYONE shut the fuck up for a second, Jesus! If you guys want I can probably solve this whole issue single handedly when I get off work later on today. If everyone can just, be quiet for a few hours I got this.

Fucking thank you MOG. Seriously people why do we have two threads about the same shit open? I'm not even gonna respond for real, cause my post in the actual name change drama thread works even better here than it did there.

http://thelifestream.net/forums/showpost.php?p=343741&postcount=91

Edit: I did the stupid thing and replied before reading the full thread. Thus I was a dick (told you it could just as easily happen to me) for not thinking it through all the way. Still, some of what I said in that post I linked to DOES apply here, though I still apologize to all for responding too soon.

Last edited:

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Because this thread isn't about the same issue, if you'll read Grudge.

Last edited:

Gym Leader Devil

True Master of the Dark-type (suck it Piers)
AKA
So many names
Yeah, it was the main point of contention being "discussed" at the time I replied. As I said in my edit, t'was dickish of me to reply without finishing the thread up to that point and I apologized. Had I not realized it on my own though I'd be thanking you for calling me on it Dacon.

Alex Strife

Ex-SOLDIER
If everyone was willing not to jump at each other's throats at the slightest chance, things would be nicer.

For example, if I'm given a warning and I don't get why, I ask for clarification instead of insulting and shit. I mean, seriously people, you can do better than that. Both parties.

And FFS, there's MUCH MORE important things in the world for you to react like this to a forum situation. If you do this when things happen in a forum, I don't know what you'll do when facing a real problem out there... :no:. Slit people's throats, maybe?

C'mon guys.

Alessa Gillespie

a letter to my future self
AKA
Sansa Stark, Sweet Bro, Feferi, tentacleTherapist, Nin, Aki, Catwoman, Shinjiro Aragaki, Terezi, Princess Bubblegum
And FFS, there's MUCH MORE important things in the world for you to react like this to a forum situation. If you do this when things happen in a forum, I don't know what you'll do when facing a real problem out there... :no:. Slit people's throats, maybe?
okay I seriously hate people who are like this. YEAH I CLEARLY CAN'T COPE WITH REAL WORLD PROBLEMS, I'VE NEVER HAD TO DEAL WITH INSURANCE COMPANIES NOT BEING WILLING TO SEND ME MEDICATION I NEEDED WHICH RESULTED IN VISION LOSS IN ONE EYE, NEVER HAD TO DISCUSS DEDUCTIBLES WHICH I CAN ONLY AFFORD WITH THE HELP OF STUDENT LOANS OR TAKING PAINFUL SHOTS THREE TIMES A WEEK BECAUSE HEY GUYS I'M SICK OR HAD TO ASK MY BOSS TO NOT CHARGE ME ON TEXTBOOKS BECAUSE I WAS CONCERNED I WOULDN'T HAVE ENOUGH MONEY FOR MY BEGINNING OF THE YEAR DEDUCTIBLES.

HOW DARE I COMPLAIN ABOUT SOMETHING ON A FORUM WHEN MY TIME CAN BE USED MORE CONSTRUCTIVELY, LIKE DECIDING WHERE FF7 CHARACTERS GO ON A SHITTY TIER LIST. GOSH WHAT IS WRONG WITH ME, HOW DARE I WANT THINGS THAT RESULT IN PUNISHMENT TO BE LISTED WITH THEIR PUNISHMENTS.

but that's okay clearly i am criminally insane about this shit and i just might slit someone's throat irl for no reason because i have no idea how to cope with problems.

Alex

alex is dead
AKA
Alex, Ashes, Pennywise, Bill Weasley, Jack's Smirking Revenge, Sterling Archer
Yeah, I think we can all do without the high-horse preaching there, buddy. That's really not helping anyone.

EDIT: Oh snap, someone beat me to the punch.

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Right after I made a huge post about that shit too.

Son I am disappoint.

Alex Strife

Ex-SOLDIER

Did I say you never faced a problem? No, I didn't. Did I say you can't complain on a forum? No, I didn't (for the record, I'll repeat, what I said is that people could complain without going overboard). Did I say your demands were unreasonable? No, I didn't. And if I did, please do tell me, because that will mean I am losing my mind.

And you just went too far at my comment, which was trying not to be offensive, yet you go on all that rant.

But that's okay; this is the internet, and as opposed to real life, we can all be jerks because we don't know personally half of this people, right? I'm sorry, I was taught to respect people, EVEN random people.

And you don't need to use sarcasm on me, really, that was uncalled for.

Oh, and if hating me REALLY makes you feel better, be my guest. I really don't care.

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
But that's okay; this is the internet, and as opposed to real life, we can all be jerks because we don't know personally half of this people, right? I'm sorry, I was taught to respect people, EVEN random people.
Get that ridiculous notion out of here please. The internet IS real life. Just because we're interacting through a different mode of communication, doesn't make it any less real, just like talking on a phone.

Also, your post had a deliberate chastising and patronizing tone to it.

If you weren't expecting a reaction like that you worded your post very poorly.

Alex Strife

Ex-SOLDIER
Obviously to me it IS, but to some people, apparently it isn't. That is exactly what I mean.

I'm sorry if my post was offensive, but as I said before; I've been here for long enough time, and I felt everyone here is capable enough of handling things better. At least I would like to think so.

In that case, I guess I did word my post not just very poorly, but even worse, as I honestly never thought I'd see that kind of reaction. I guess I thought too highly of people around here. My bad.

Top Bottom