• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

Stranger Things

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
^super cool. I got
"Demogorgon's Upside Downers
Death metal to turn that smile Upside Down, from your faceless neighborhood demon prince."

The background image is actually pretty frickin cool, idk if they vary or anything but heres the one on my page.

AltOdOy.png

All things considered it's actually pretty interesting that it would know I like metal and stuff, I almost exclusively use my Spotify account to listen to stuff like Chillhop and the Chrono Cross/Trigger OST covers from indie bands. I'm not exactly if I've ever put on some metal or hard rock on spotify. Hmm.

edit:

On the other hand the chillhop stuff and several of the Chrono cross covers can come off as either gloomy or very very mellow. Maybe it's giving me some high energy music to counter that lol.

Whelp ty Tetsujin and Stranger Things, just discovered a band that sounds really good so far thanks to that link xD

Ooooh, Hunting High and Low by Stratovarius is on that list, I love that song.
Demogorgon's playlist would've suited me as well. :monster:

thumbs-aloft.gif

A supremely impressive follow-up. My biggest nitpick is that there were a few too many coincidences. It is quite rare that I have this FEW nitpicks.

As a person approaching their 30s, I enjoy how this show is able to fire on all three cylinders: Childhood, teenage years and adulthood. The show transports me into the position of all these phases in life, making me feel like I'm re-experiencing them.

Though I didn't face off against as many demo-dogs in my past. :monster:

X-SOLDIER

Harbinger O Great Justice
AKA
X
As a person approaching their 30s, I enjoy how this show is able to fire on all three cylinders: Childhood, teenage years and adulthood. The show transports me into the position of all these phases in life, making me feel like I'm re-experiencing them.

I don't think I've heard anyone else sum up this quite so well. 1000x this for me as well!

X :neo:

fancy

pants
AKA
Fancy
Finally finished the season. Where do I even begin? I laughed, I cried, I cheered on our heroes. I believe this season was a smidge weaker than the previous one, but I still had a blast watching it.

I wanna highlight my favourite things about this season and then address some talking points already made here!

First of all, Hopper. Does anyone else fucking love Hopper as much as I do? I absolutely loved the relationship between him and El. I loved that it was not always sweet and perfect and that Hopper would act unreasonable and ‘stupid’ ( ;) ), but that’s only because he was driven by fear for El’s safety (and you gotta consider, he knows too well how it feels to lose one kid already). That moment outside of the lab when Hopper was apologising to El through the radio and later when he’s driving El to the lab to close the gate and their conversation then? Shit hit me straight in the fucking daddy issues feels, yo! <3 David Harbour and Millie Brown are both fantastic actors (Millie, I think, is definitely the strongest of all the kid actors - who are all decent anyway) and it was great watching them bounce off each other.

tumblr_oyjerq4qED1rlpdfuo4_r2_540.gif

tumblr_oyjerq4qED1rlpdfuo3_540.gif

taken from chelseaperetti's tumblr

Speaking of great acting, I don’t think I’ll ever get sick of watching Winona Ryder!!

Of the four boys, Dustin really stole the show for me this season, haha, he was fucking hilarious as always and I adored his budding friendship with Steve. Speaking of Steve! So glad this season completed the redemption we saw budding from the end of the first one. Fucking love Steve. Him and the kids. Just. Perfect. This moment slew me.
tumblr_oykid9TB9g1s7z7aao1_540.png

tumblr_oykid9TB9g1s7z7aao2_500.png

Also, that moment when Steve reached the rope first (when they were underground in the vines) but immediately went to work getting the kids up first. <3

Concerning Bob's Death
*hugs the Shademp* :properhug:

Unfortunately, some asshat told me about that death before I was finished with the season, so I wasn't able to get the full emotional impact of his death, I think, especially when it looked like he was gonna make it for a second. :(

I was iffy on Bob at the start, only because he was being played by Sean Astin (I feel a mild annoyance whenever I see Astin ever since I found out about that stupid book he wrote dogging on the cast and crew of LotR) but Bob was just too good, too precious. I adored Bob, and the more I adored him, the sadder I became knowing that he was going to inevitably die. :(

I also hated that they lingered on his death. I don't understand why that happened btw. A mild pet peeve of mine this season was the selective eating habits of the Demodogs. Why don't the Demodogs finish their food? Why were so many apt on eating away at Bob? Are especially good people especially delicious? How come that one Doctor (his name escapes me atm) was able to walk away from his wounds whilst the rest of staff were murdered (almost instantly it seemed) with wounds that looked similar? I know Hopper was able to come in and help the Doc but it had been a while, hmm. HMMM.

Nancy and Jonathan were a bit boring. Jonathan's best moments were with Will.

This season's finale wasn't as epic as last season's imo. I mean, it was pretty fucking epic (El levitating as she closes that giant ass gate say what), but the emotions of finding and saving Will in the first season can't be beaten.

I personally hope Hopper and Joyce don't boink cuz it would be too cliche and weird methinks. Unless their coming together was written well... but generally, I'm on Team 'Just Stay Good Friends'. Oh, and so glad that Bob never reacted with jealousy or hostility whenever Joyce expressed concern for Hopper or when they rescued him from the vines.

What else? Watching Dustin cry at the dance because he couldn't get a partner broke my goddamn heart. I know that feel. ;_;

:reptar: TIME TO QUOTE FOLKS :reptar:

We could’ve totally done without him or traded his life for Bob’s. And is he racist??

Yeah, Billy was really cutting it close to me in terms of pointless characters (though I thought X-SOLDIER's post on the justification on both his and Max's existence was pretty excellent!). I'm hoping he gets a bit more fleshed out in the third season. I think his best moment (certainly his most human) was when he was getting beat on by his father, because the actor was very good at conveying his fear and anger in his eyes at that moment.

ALSO was anyone else getting low key creepy child predator vibes between Max and Billy? He certainly beats her, but I'm scared that there might be even more than that going on...

Also, I think Billy is definitely a racist ha, based on the language he used. As soon as he saw Lucas, he was saying something about how people like him and Max don't hang out with people like them, dehumanising and making Lucas an 'other.' And he got really violent when he picked out Lucas at Will's house on the last episode. It felt very personal. Like, he knew that Max was hanging out with kids outside of Lucas (when he was threatening to run over Mike, Will, and Dustin on their bikes), but something shifted when he noticed Lucas. And, if we got really picky, Lucas sort of set that stage when he and Mike were arguing about being Venkman. Mike said something about how Lucas was supposed to be Winston, and Lucas basically argued that Mike only expected that of him because they're both black.

I thought it was interesting that they didn't go ahead and say it. I guess that would've brought in a subject that was too heavy for the show? Cuz surely that would've had to address and solve that, eh? So, it was better to just hint at it and trust the audience knew what was really going on (so I thought)!

It felt like he really didn't have much to do this season which was weird considering he was such a big part of season 1. Yeah sure, we saw more of him in the finale going into those huge tunnels but other than that I can’t really think of anything of note that Mike did in the other episodes. If I could summarize his story arc this season it would be this: mopes/broods over Eleven’s disappearance then proceeds to babysit/accompany Will during his possession phase where he basically was just…there? IDK then evenutally he reunites with Eleven.

Totally agreed! I don't think I minded his lack of presence in this season though.

And did any else find their "romance" a little over the top sometimes? I mean sure the Snow Ball dance was cute and all but at the same time I was like "jeezus you kids are only 12" specially on that scene where they were like "I can't lose you again!1!" "You won't, I promise etc etc" I mean, I understand they were each other's first crush so it maybe a normal reaction for kids their age?

Haha, yeah, the romance was pushing it for me as well... It was mostly cute, but I also mostly didn't care for it I guess?

Fuck you Stranger Things I love you but I also hate you

fuck you I love you I hate you

eff u i <3 u but i also :ffuuu:cking h8 u

it is only because you made me love you that you can hurt me this much

This is basically me whenever I watch any of this show haha. So many feels.

^Here have a Stranger Things hug

nEhp9yA.jpg

:megusta: Thank you for sharing this, these two are definitely in my top five list of season faves. XD

A supremely impressive follow-up. My biggest nitpick is that there were a few too many coincidences. It is quite rare that I have this FEW nitpicks.

Fucking this. I couldn't pinpoint them all atm, but there were one too many times where I sort of cocked my head and thought, "Well, that was lucky." or, "Well, of course they figured it out that quickly."

Didn't take away from my overall enjoyment of the show though! Hyped for series 3!

1. Hopper and El's relationship was the best.
  2. Steve's camaraderie with the kids (particularly Dustin) was the best.
  3. Someone ruined Bob's death for me but it still gave me feels.
  4. Nancy and Jonathan bored me.
  5. Agreed with Demp's point that there were one too many conveniences
  6. Overall fantastic season. Thoroughly enjoyed watching it and every episode left me wanting more.
  7. Team 'Stay Good Friends'

Re: Playlist
I got Jonathan :P
200qwbo.png

Geostigma

Pro Adventurer
AKA
gabe
Great post just a small pedantic tangent :reptar:

Speaking of Steve! So glad this season completed the redemption we saw budding from the end of the first one.

Idk. I don't think Steve was all that bad in Season 1. He was a diamond in the rough,
the rough being his toxic af friends surrounding him. I rewatched Season 1 a few months back and he was actually much more reserved. Often times it was his friends that went to far and he ended up being a dick by association.

Like when Johnathan was putting out flyers for Will, Steve said "that's so depressing",
the comment on it's own isn't so bad and depending on how you look at it true. It wasn't until his friend chimed in and one upped it that it became mean spirited.

Even when he broke Johnathan's camera later he seemed regretful and knew he went to far. Which while still bad is leagues better than being emotionless about breaking someone else's really expensive stuff. And even then for a teenager going off at the handle when you think you just caught your GF messing around with another guy seems with in the reasonable scope of a kid that age.

On top of that right after all of that he immediately went to go help out the guy at the Theater clean up the graffiti.

He definitely is redeemed though. I just think he started that journey much earlier in the season then most people remember.

This season though he was by far my favorite character though. I think of Steve and Hopper as the 2 "real" fathers of the group lol. Bob was up there to. Poor Bob
:(

fancy

pants
AKA
Fancy
^
Haha, jk of course :P

Excellent points made! Steve definitely started his journey earlier than just the last couple of episode of Season 1. I guess I was thinking of this interview the Duffer brothers gave (damn, now I gotta go look it up :P) when they admitted that initially Steve was supposed to be a total jerkass character (a bit like Billy, lol), but Joe Keery was just so charming and likable, that they ended up writing Steve as much more amicable than initially intended or sommat. <3 <3 <3 Like, I'm pretty sure Steve wasn't supposed to help fight the Demogorgon in the last season at first? And it's just so satisfying to see Steve as 'officially' one of the good guys. :P

MAN READING YOUR POST GAVE ME FEELS, I DEFINITELY NEED TO REWATCH SEASON ONE NOW (like I planned to already, but the feelings have been amplified) :megusta:

Also

This season though he was by far my favorite character though. I think of Steve and Hopper as the 2 "real" fathers of the group lol. Bob was up there to. Poor Bob.

Fucking this, haha. Again, him and Hopper were just ASKFJLSKDJ. I literally kept texting "Hopper better live." and "Steve better not die." and "I swear if my dude gets killed off, I'm never speaking to anyone ever again." over and over to my friend who had already watched the whole season. XD

And I know, right? :( That moment when he was talking to Will about confronting his nightmares in that car ride to school was too precious, too pure. :( :( :(
:ffuuu:

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
I've finished this yesterday :monster:

Is it just me or does this season feel a bit less good as the first one? I mean it definitely has a "the next adventures of the gang" feel to it, like an episode two. Just without really leading up to anything, no major possible wossnames for a future season.

no major possible wossnames for a future season.

Definitely less of a cliffhanger than the first season, but we still have some questions.

- Is Eleven's father still alive?
- Where are numbers 1-7 and 9-10 (and any number beyond 11, if they exist)? What are their powers?
- What will the consequences be of the dead Demo-Dog they put in the fridge? (Or will it just be left there as an excuse for a joke scene?)
- Is Dustin really going to show the Demo-Dog to his science teacher and what will this lead to?
- Does Max's family life really improve? Will the toxic stepfather ever get what he deserves?
- Will Nancy's mother bang Max's brother? :monster:

If other numbered experiments pop up then the next season will feel even more like X-Men.

I worry that the next season will involve time travel for no better reason than Back to the Future being released in July 1985. ...Oh no, they are going to do "Days of Future Past", aren't they? XD

Last edited:

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
TBF, I'd rather they don't go into the whole numbered series people thing;
8 was already more of a filler side-track than anything majorly important to the plot (maybe that was a setup for the next season), and I'd rather not have to watch some psychic X-men superhero group fighting EVIL!

Also BttF will probably be referenced, similar to Ghostbusters in this one, so, :monster:

Geostigma

Pro Adventurer
AKA
gabe
Re : Steve

Yeah my first watch of season 1 I really just did not like him. I was actually pretty butt hurt at the end when it showed Steve and Nancy were the couple instead of Nancy and Johnathan lol.

Then I rewatched it and noticed a lot of the stuff I went over in the previous post.
It's really worth rewatching just to take a closer look at Steve and how his actor adds in a lot of subtle stuff that really drive home that he regretted many of his or his friends actions.

fancy

pants
AKA
Fancy
^When will he stop being so adorkable? <3

I was actually happy that Nancy ended up with Steve because he had proven himself to be a worthy guy at the end of the season you know?

tumblr_inline_oc4g80qpTZ1usabqg_540.png

THOUGH IDK DOES THE REVELATION THAT NANCY HAD APPARENTLY WAITED A MONTH FOR JONATHAN CHANGE EVERYTHING? :kermit:

Idk. Not too concerned about the love triangle tbh!

Also, from what I've seen, El and Will seem to be BFFs irl which I find be super adorable.

Last edited:

Purple

Charmed
Do we have an official year where season 3 would be released? These kids are growing up fast. I saw Jimmy Fallon last night and that Mike kid has gotten so tall.

Also, if they do a time jump does that mean we'll be seeing the party in high school next season?

Geostigma

Pro Adventurer
AKA
gabe
I think there might be a time jump coming up just to catch the boys up with their irl ages.

Dustin is like 15 and Lucas is 16, Mike is 14 and Will is 13. I just realized I typed that int he worst order ever :monster:

But yeah some of the boys are starting to get close to that "were 5 movies into Harry Potter the kids are looking old" point lol.

Purple

Charmed
I agree, specially Mike. No way he's still in middle school next season.

Oh so Lucas and Dustin are older? I always thought it was Mike. Should be interesting where they take these kids next season

How about Eleven tho? Would we be seeing her in school next season? She has a lot of catching-up to do eh?

Geostigma

Pro Adventurer
AKA
gabe

Oh so Lucas and Dustin are older? I always thought it was Mike. Should be interesting where they take these kids next season

How about Eleven tho? Would we be seeing her in school next season? She has a lot of catching-up to do eh?

Yep. I was a little surprised to find out Lucas was 16 to be honest he certainly doesn't look the oldest. Though it could be a case of make up work and lighting helping out a lot.

I think with how the show ended and the scene in the bar with Hopper and the Doc, were at the very least see a year minimum time skip. This way they don't have to repeat the same drama beats as El getting restless due to being cooped up for another year and we get to see how she integrates with society in some capacity.

Idk if well see her in School though. With how she reacted (and continued to act) with Max it could be really problematic. I can just imagine how bad things could get if say theres a really strict or even bad Teacher or Principle figure who clashes with her etc.

Design Spoilers

I was thinking about the general contrast between the families and set design and was wondering if any of you guys noticed some things similar to this too?

Like for instance The Byers are a single income family for the most part and it seems to show in the home itself.
The house still has a 70's aesthetic going on inside, with the yellows and orange palette that was common at that time. Basically saying they can't afford to redecorate. On top of that Wills clothing often comes off very hand me down-esque and even Joyce to a degree doesn't seem to be as fashionably dressed generally as say Mikes parents. Both probably due to finances but also the struggles of being a single parent (who is going through some serious shit) not affording time or money to go update her wardrobe. Her style really really doesn't match the other parents in either season.

Dustin is like the opposite of Will even though they are in similar situations as far as having a seemingly single parent. His mother must be really doing well for herself and or spoils him due to being an only child This is evidenced by the fact he seems to have an incredibly nice room and is the only kid with a nice headset walkie talkie , which for the time frame was probably incredibly expensive (possibly purchased with child support money? )

Mike's parents seem to come off as typical 80's movie parents, even beyond the clueless/not involved in their kids lives tropes. Their clothing is very much fashionable both casually and business wise for the time frame and the home is very much furnished properly for that times aesthetics.

I couldn't pick up much from Lucas home, though it seems to be in the same boat as Mikes.

I think it was really neat how much attention they put in the homes and general clothing and set design. It actually speaks a lot towards the families differing financial situations and to a degree how they treat the kids.

Last edited:

Purple

Charmed

Yep. I was a little surprised to find out Lucas was 16 to be honest he certainly doesn't look the oldest. Though it could be a case of make up work and lighting helping out a lot.

I think with how the show ended and the scene in the bar with Hopper and the Doc, were at the very least see a year minimum time skip. This way they don't have to repeat the same drama beats as El getting restless due to being cooped up for another year and we get to see how she integrates with society in some capacity.

Idk if well see her in School though. With how she reacted (and continued to act) with Max it could be really problematic. I can just imagine how bad things could get if say theres a really strict or even bad Teacher or Principle figure who clashes with her etc.

Design Spoilers

I was thinking about the general contrast between the families and set design and was wondering if any of you guys noticed some things similar to this too?

Like for instance The Byers are a single income family for the most part and it seems to show in the home itself.
The house still has a 70's aesthetic going on inside, with the yellows and orange palette that was common at that time. Basically saying they can't afford to redecorate. On top of that Wills clothing often comes off very hand me down-esque and even Joyce to a degree doesn't seem to be as fashionably dressed generally as say Mikes parents. Both probably due to finances but also the struggles of being a single parent (who is going through some serious shit) not affording time or money to go update her wardrobe. Her style really really doesn't match the other parents in either season.

Dustin is like the opposite of Will even though they are in similar situations as far as having a seemingly single parent. His mother must be really doing well for herself and or spoils him due to being an only child This is evidenced by the fact he seems to have an incredibly nice room and is the only kid with a nice headset walkie talkie , which for the time frame was probably incredibly expensive (also givent he fact Radio Shack was overpriced :monster: )

Mike's parents seem to come off as typical 80's movie parents, even beyond the clueless/not involved in their kids lives tropes. Their clothing is very much fashionable both casually and business wise for the time frame and the home is very much furnished properly for that times aesthetics.

I couldn't pick up much from Lucas home, though it seems to be in the same boat as Mikes.

I think it was really neat how much attention they put in the homes and general clothing and set design. It actually speaks a lot towards the families differing financial situations and to a degree how they treat the kids.

Based on what we've been shown, I think Mike might be the most affluent of the party with Will being the least. I mean, it really showed in Will's Ghostbuster costume. It was a different color, not that detailed (from what I remember) etc etc.

Just finished watching the "Beyond Stranger Things" feature. Heartwarming and interesting to see the cast and staff sit there talking about the show and characters.

Top Bottom