• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

Suspension of Disbelief and Good Fiction.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joker

We have come to terms
AKA
Godot
I've only seen the original AC, and only ONCE, the day it came out, and I remember that shit. =/

Masamune

Fiat Lux
AKA
Masa
I maintain to this day that Nomura should have hired an actual director to co-direct with him. Someone who deeply understands tone, pacing, transition etc. Not Nozue, who's only worked on Kingdom Hearts FMVs. Sheesh, there's a world of difference.

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
I am sorry people, but how do you LIKE this? HOW do you LIKE this film? It is BLOODY awful!

"It goes without saying that it was SHinra who put this world in the sorry state it is in"

WOULD RUFUS REALLY SAY THAT? Would he balls. This isn't even in character. Rufus was a ruthless leader who did not give a shit.

You do realize that everything Rufus said in that convo with Cloud was a lie, right? Of COURSE Rufus would say something like that if it helps him achieve his goals. He doesn't really mean any of it. That's what makes him such a bastard. :monster:

You really only need the most basic of story comprehension skills to be able to understand this.

Obsidian Fire

Ahk Morn!
AKA
The Engineer
I think I understand that this film is a disaster from start to finish. Obviously you watched it and don't have a clue why it is piss poor. That says more about you than me.
In that case I'll say that I liked ACC because I finally got to see the FFVII world in something other then lego graphics as well as well as how all the fights would go when you don't have to stick to the ATB. As far as the plot went, it was a lot better then I thought it would be given all the criticism it got.

Of course, that fact that I didn't have to pay for it might have something to do with it...

DLPB

Banned Flunky
AKA
Seifer Almasy, DanielReturns
Hey doofus, he's trying to con Cloud into helping them.

WOULD CLOUD BE CONNED? YOU SEE THE PROBLEM. CLOUD KNOWS RUFUS AND WHAT HE IS LIKE. You have substituted 1 bad logic for another.

Rufus wouldnt even ATTEMPT to con Cloud. And he is dead anyway!

"Sephiroth is dead"

"yes but is his mind dead"

LMAO! Maybe he took a mind source!

HAHAHahahahahahahaha

Last edited:

ForceStealer

Double Growth
Of course not, I already told him it won't change his opinion, I just said if he's gonna comment on it, he sure as hell should see it first.

But even I can't believe THAT'S what he picks as an example of bad writing.

Tifabelle

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Tifabelle, Nathan Drake, Locke Cole, Kain Highwind, Yamcha, Arya Stark
dude...stop changing your posts after people have already replied to them. AND COME BACK AFTER YOU'VE WATCHED THE FILM. If you're commenting here, then you're not even paying attention to the movie.

DLPB

Banned Flunky
AKA
..and...you'll notice Cloud doesn't help him....... How does that make Rufus ooc again?

You are missing the point. It is an ABSURD SCENE which wuld not have happened. Rufus isnt thick. He wouldn't even have entertained it.

And that's before we even dissect this terrible dialogue that sounds like it is written by a 2 year old!

dude...stop changing your posts after people have already replied to them. AND COME BACK AFTER YOU'VE WATCHED THE FILM. If you're commenting here, then you're not even paying attention to the movie.

I am pausing it and writing down notes. It doesnt take a 6 yr old to know this film is awful and basic. It requires NO concentration and half of it is battle.

DLPB

Banned Flunky
AKA
Okay then. You write a better scene. I'll be waiting.
Oh god not that chest nut, you can do better than that.

In that case I'll say that I liked ACC because I finally got to see the FFVII world in something other then lego graphics as

Now that is something I DO enjoy about this. Plus the characters look almost exactly like they should.

X-SOLDIER

Harbinger O Great Justice
AKA
X
I am pausing it and writing down notes. It doesnt take a 6 yr old to know this film is awful and basic. It requires NO concentration and half of it is battle.

Interesting. Isn't the fact that you're pausing and writing ruining any attempt a suspension of dibelief? It's obvious you're not even trying to view it as a FILM. You're just watching a number of __ length clips, and picking them apart. That in and of itself essentially negates your opinion of ACC as a film, because you're not watching it like a FILM.

How about you watch the WHOLE FILM, and then go through and break it down for analysis like a REAL reviewer?

X :neo:

DLPB

Banned Flunky
AKA
It has ruined my suspension of disbelief in 5 minutes. And I have already watched AC, I know what to expect.

Seriously, how do you think this is better than AC, so far its more of the same shit?

DrakeClawfang

The Wanderer of Time
Oh god not that chest nut, you can do better than that.

Can you? Obviously you have a profound grasp of FF7's characters, as well as storytelling conventions. Tell us, o wise one, what your scene between Cloud and Rufus would be like.

Masamune

Fiat Lux
AKA
Masa
The frustrating thing about ACC is where they made some improvements they also botched scenes at the same time.

Cloud's fight with Sephiroth was given some snazzy new bells & whistles, and just as we're nearing the money shot:
oh hai pointless Zack fanservice

DLPB

Banned Flunky
AKA
PLEASE MAKE THIS STOP. It is really seriously hurting. It is so mind numbingly bad!

DLPB

Banned Flunky
AKA
Another battle. 1 min 15 seconds of impossible feats for a human being. Can you say "broken suspension of disbelief"?

Lord Noctis

Harbinger of Darkness
AKA
Caius Ballad
Another battle. 1 min 15 seconds of impossible feats for a human being. Can you say "broken suspension of disbelief"?

You know I seem to recall that lots of things happened in FFVII that no human can do in real life. Like Cloud falling off the sector five plate and living. Or Sephiroth flying around. Or people using marbles to cast magic. Or actuallybeing able to wield the Buster Sword, and then take on and defeat people with guns.

DrakeClawfang

The Wanderer of Time

Guys, we clearly made a mistake here. Forget AC/C, this guy is obviously completely new to the Final Fantasy franchise as a whole.

It's also impossible for a human being to suplex an entire train, but it happens.

DLPB

Banned Flunky
AKA
This whole film is 1 long useless narrative that goes on about Sephiroth and has fight scenes here there and everywhere.

The fight scenes are geared on matrix, well, see, this isn't the matrix.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom