Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Leon S. Kennedy,Terry Bogard, The Dark Knight, Dacon, John Marston, Teal'c
I wonder how they managed to import the model

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
Satsu, BRIAN BLESSED, MIGHTY AND WISE Junpei Iori: Ace Detective, Maccaffrickstonson von Lichtenstafford Frabenschnaben, Polite Krogan, Robert Baratheon
Likely ripped the assets off the disc images and converted the mesh/textures into a format they could import into the dev kit

Modding in Bethesda games has always been an infringement gold-mine :monster:

X-SOLDIER

Harbinger O Great Justice
AKA
X
SkyrimCompanion.jpg

X :neo:

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
Yeah, if the dev kit was out, all the default models would already be available in it. Pretty sure you can simply take the model files from a game resource file and either import it into a 3D modeling program or convert it back and forth. The model and animation resources should be pretty standard.

After that it's a matter of importing them back in. If it's a 'replacement' mod, like much of the texture mods already out there right now, it'd simply take the place of, for example, one of the races.

She need to be about 50% uglier and 100% dirtier.

Only if you're going for 'canon'. The first few mods for Skyrim were:

* Nude female models
* No dirt female models
* Pretty female models
* Big butt female models. I shit you not.
* Full replacements like this one.

I'm actually curious to what they'd be able to turn the game into.

ForceStealer

Double Growth
I'm really enjoying the game, and I know people have been complaining about this all over, but it's really starting to dawn on me how atrocious this menu system is. Once you hit a certin number of items it just starts to get ridiculous.

Now a lot of people complain about the constellation skill trees, they don't bother me at all and I think that menu is very pretty. The problem is definitely those damn lists. At the risk of sounding like a snobby PC gamer, they were so obviously deisgned for a controller to the point that a mouse - the most specific of input devices - is actually a detriment.

Why does the list start in the middle of the screen rather than the top? Why are the sorting categories so broad? Why isn't it more obvious which items I have equipped? Why can't I see my my character and what I have equipped? Why do mouse clicks only sometimes work, and that I HAVE to scroll to a specific item and not just be able to click on the one I want?

What on Earth were they thinking? I remember people would complain abotu Oblivion and Fallout menus, they weren't perfect but I never had a HUGE problem with them. These are just awful, and it seems like such a strange thing to botch.

I know the modding community will have plenty of fixes, but they shouldn't have to. SkyUI looks like the best bet right now, but so far they only have the inventory menu done, not the magic, so I'll wait. And they still don't show the picture of yourself. Oblivion had this, why doesn't Skyrim?

blargh.

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
The death of a 100 wood elfs? Engrish much?

Also, that's kind of disturbing. It makes me wonder what kind of a person they are. :P

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
Satsu, BRIAN BLESSED, MIGHTY AND WISE Junpei Iori: Ace Detective, Maccaffrickstonson von Lichtenstafford Frabenschnaben, Polite Krogan, Robert Baratheon
in my playthrough all the guards are too busy trying to arrest me for petty shit, to tell me their knee-related arrow injuries

._.

X-SOLDIER

Harbinger O Great Justice
AKA
X
150 hours.

Level 40.

I have 7 Dragon Priest Masks.

Main story is the only way to get the 8th.

Looks like I'm getting back to the main plot then! :monster:

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
150 hours.

Level 40.

I have 7 Dragon Priest Masks.

Main story is the only way to get the 8th.

Looks like I'm getting back to the main plot then! :monster:

And only way to get the 9th is to get the 8th, :monster:. I only found two (or three, if 'wooden mask' is one, but I don't think it is) so far. Morokei (100% mana regen) is particularly convenient. It just sucks that mana regen is nerfed heavily when you're in combat, making magic rather annoying to use.

Masamune

Fiat Lux
AKA
Masa
I couldn't make a guy or girl I was happy with until I ended up with an androgynous 'Natalie Portman from V for Vendetta' Nord, who looks pretty badass. Currently whacking giant frost spiders for the greater good. :monster:

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
I couldn't make a guy or girl I was happy with until I ended up with an androgynous 'Natalie Portman from V for Vendetta' Nord, who looks pretty badass. Currently whacking giant frost spiders for the greater good. :monster:

I ended up making a pretty Nord lady too, except now I wish I hadn't made her so skinny because she just looks unfeasibly slender for someone who's about level 38 with her greatsword. :awesome:

ForceStealer

Double Growth
I will never understand the internets or how something takes off like a crazy meme, such as this arrow line. Why this line? Yeah all the guards say it, but Oblivion had plenty of lines everyone said million times, such as the mudcrabs. What made this line takeoff?

THis isn't a complaint, just curiosity about the psychology of the internet :monster:

Top Bottom