TES V: Skyrim

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
Satsu, BRIAN BLESSED, MIGHTY AND WISE Junpei Iori: Ace Detective, Maccaffrickstonson von Lichtenstafford Frabenschnaben, Polite Krogan, Robert Baratheon
I think its because there's such an absurd percentage of guards who do take arrows to the knee, as if some bandits out there are actively seeking to shoot people in the leg.

It just sounds ridiculous :monster:

X-SOLDIER

Harbinger O Great Justice
AKA
X
And only way to get the 9th is to get the 8th, :monster:. I only found two (or three, if 'wooden mask' is one, but I don't think it is) so far. Morokei (100% mana regen) is particularly convenient. It just sucks that mana regen is nerfed heavily when you're in combat, making magic rather annoying to use.

It isn't technically. Also spell cost > mana regen (or so I hear).

Krosis is the first mask I got and only one I use +20% to Archery/Alchemy/Lockpicking.

Archery is the best.

X :neo:

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Leon S. Kennedy,Terry Bogard, The Dark Knight, Dacon, John Marston, Teal'c
My current character is a female redguard with a sour disposition :awesome:

Joe

I KEEP MY IDEALS
AKA
Joe, Arcana
My main character is an Argonian master conjurer. It is rather helpful having two flame atronachs following me around all the time. They are permanent by this level, and only fade away when they are killed.

ForceStealer

Double Growth
^That sounds pretty badass, Joe.

My character is a dark elf mage-assassin. But I haven't had the proper time to max out a specialty just yet. I specialize in electricity spells and archery. I'm on the look out for an invisibility spell though.

It's fun, but sneaking around really drags out a dungeon's length.

DrakeClawfang

The Wanderer of Time
I got this game for Christmas, installed last night. I have played for two hours, and I am so fucking frustrated.

I needed friends on-line to explain to me just how to drop items, equip a sword and shield at the same time, and use magic. And I'm only on my first town. I accepted a quest to track down bandits who stole some golden dragon claw from a merchant, and as I try to get up the mountain to their base I find a giant who kills me in one hit. So I go the other direction around the mountain. I find the same giant.

If not for it's reputation I'd be giving up now, this thing is really pissing me off.

Zee

wangxian married
AKA
Zee
I needed friends on-line to explain to me just how to drop items, equip a sword and shield at the same time, and use magic. And I'm only on my first town.

did your copy of the game not come with the manual or something?

also just avoid the giants dude they don't even attack you unless you attack them

Vendel

Banned
A giant on the golden claw quest? Are you sure you're going up the right mountain? If you are not sure the clairvoyance spell helps. You can pick it up in the Riverwood shop I think.

DrakeClawfang

The Wanderer of Time
I didn't attack them. They attacked me.

And yes, my cousin got me the phone-book sized official guide. The mere thought of it concerns me this shit isn't going to get any less complicated. As a rule I don't use manuals, I find them near universally unhelpful.

The dropping thing turned out to be a glitch, I changed the one hotkey and the drop hotkey changed. Which is damn stupid, that the keys aren't what the screen tells me they are. If I changed the keys they should display such.

EDIT - I got the clairvoyance spell. Being able to see my path for three seconds at a time is sure helpful. But yes it's the right mountain, I just went up it the wrong way and I found their keep now.

Zee

wangxian married
AKA
Zee
you prolly got too close to their camp or something cause giants really don't usually attack unless you get all up in their business (one actually walked peacefully through a village right past a few guards in my game)

Also I'm not talking about the game guide I'm talking about the small manual book that comes with every game and tells you what the controls are lol

Not sure why you'd even use a guide for a game like Skyrim anyway kinda kills the exploration/adventuring aspect of it.

DrakeClawfang

The Wanderer of Time
Since I've now got the hang of the basics, it's getting better. Went through the Bleak Falls Keep or whatever, found a Word of Power, fought some undead.

Vendel

Banned
EDIT - I got the clairvoyance spell. Being able to see my path for three seconds at a time is sure helpful. But yes it's the right mountain, I just went up it the wrong way and I found their keep now.

If that "three seconds" can save you from running up the wrong side of a mountain then it's worth it.

Joe

I KEEP MY IDEALS
AKA
Joe, Arcana
Some memes
myskyrimmemecomp.jpg

My enchanting is my second highest skill (and I have one maxed, haven't power-levelled once on my main) because I seem to enchant EVERY weapon upgrade I find. I am looking for a weapon that has Paralysis on it so I can disenchant it and learn its ability.
So annoyed. I have like almost every other enchantment and that is the ONLY ONE I actually want. Played on a friends game to teach him how to use alchemy stations and enchanting altars. He finds one of these weapons in a cave, at 3 hours play time.
Fml.

X-SOLDIER

AKA
X
WELP, I found out the images I gave a link to last time won't display properly without a G+ link, despite them being "public" so I'm making a poast of them. (They're not screenshots, they're pictures I took with my phone)

•
Zao-Rish starting out: Orcish Maces, Leather Armor, Iron Bracers (improved one-handed damage), & Circlet (improved one-handed damage).

•
Zao-Rish: Elven Armor, Mace of Molag-Bal, Falmer Shield.
Derkeethus: Dwarven Armor, Falmer Sword, Elven Shield.

Comparing our facial construction (also the Scaled Helm makes his head spikes look like mine).

•
Zao-Rish: Dragonscale Armor, Glass Bow (Learned to craft Light Armor)
Derkeethus: Glass Armor, Glass Bow

Combat Mode: I wear the combination of the Dragon Priest Mask "Krosis" & a Falmer Helmet (Both of which improve my Archery damage and add to my total armor, as well as turning my face invisible).

•
Learned to craft Daedric Armor. I ditched the Gauntlets, because they're about twice the size of the Dragon Scale ones in First-Person when aiming a bow (plus, I like how the scales seemed like they were just his normal skin).

Derkeethus & I

•
Current.

•

•
There were about 4 of them that I shot down a flight of stairs, but I noticed this one when I walked up. It was too perfect not to take a picture.

•
Random dude in a dungeon that I thought was super cool looking.

•
This was designed to make you look like the Lord of the Nazgul from LotR. Here's the equipment you'll need:

• Jagged Crown (Imperial/Stormcloak Quest-specific item)
• Dragon Priest Mask (any)
• Daedric Armor
• Daedric Boots
• Daedric Gauntlets
• Mace of Molag Bal (Daedric Artifact)
• You should also have a flaming sword of some kind, but I haven't found a decent, flaming, one-handed sword yet.

Note: The Mask and Crown can both be worn at the same time due to a glitch. This will cause the crown to float, and leave you faceless for the proper effect. If only the Mask is displayed, Save and then Load (the prominentl​y displayed head-item seems to alternate every time you load the game).

Masamune

Fiat Lux
AKA
Masa
I will never understand the internets or how something takes off like a crazy meme, such as this arrow line. Why this line? Yeah all the guards say it, but Oblivion had plenty of lines everyone said million times, such as the mudcrabs. What made this line takeoff?

Let me guess...someone stole your sweetroll? :monster:

noell.jpg

DrakeClawfang

The Wanderer of Time
I do agree with Drake though: the PC UI sucks.

It's particularly distracting because it's such a similar system to Fallout 3, where the in-menu commands didn't change when your hotkeys did.

BTW, true story - when I was fleeing from the dragon in the intro and I took refuge and found a sword, I pressed tab to call up my Pip-Boy and equip it. :monster:

I'm now on a quest for the Whitebeards, done some sidequests too including joining the Companions - on my Trial with Farkas the plot twist with them really took me by surprise, and I actually thought "did I make the right decision joining these guys after all?".

A forage into a really nasty dwarven cave with robots got me a lot of metal to melt down into ore for crafting Dwarf equipment, so I did and used the spare ores to enhance them further, and now me and my henchlady Lydia have full set of Superior Dwarf armor with matching swords, shields and bows.

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
Satsu, BRIAN BLESSED, MIGHTY AND WISE Junpei Iori: Ace Detective, Maccaffrickstonson von Lichtenstafford Frabenschnaben, Polite Krogan, Robert Baratheon
A forage into a really nasty dwarven cave with robots got me a lot of metal to melt down into ore for crafting Dwarf equipment, so I did and used the spare ores to enhance them further, and now me and my henchlady Lydia have full set of Superior Dwarf armor with matching swords, shields and bows.

You don't happen to be talking about Alftand, right
Because jesus fucking christ that was a nightmare to go through

(I did end up getting about 85-ish Dwarven Steel ingots out of all the scrap though :awesome:)

So uh camwhoring skyrim characters eh

atm i'm level 13ish

ScreenShot3.jpg

Novice Hood /w Fortify Magicka (+30), Hammerfell Garb, Steel Greaves /w Fortify Carry Weight (+21), Wolf Gauntlets (Fine), Skyforge Steel Greatsword (Superior) /w Shock (+14 Shock Damage, Half Magicka Damage)

ScreenShot4.jpg

Dwarven Helmet, Elven Armor, Steel Greaves (as above), Elven Gauntlets, Dwarven Greatsword /w Soul Trap (5s)
I mainly use this set of stuff in case I need the armor because I don't think I've ever levelled up my Health, only Stamina

ScreenShot5.jpg

DrakeClawfang

The Wanderer of Time
Nah, it was Bafbdlar or something. I just went through Alftand a few hours ago, got enough ore to craft whole new armor up to the Exquisite level. I had to ditch my old stuff since I enchanted some of it and don't have the ability to upgrade enchanted items yet. 53 Smithing, 7 more points...

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
cOWRw.jpg

That's a Khajit with the Archmage's Robes (100% mana regen), Morokei (100% mana regen), a Staff of some Gustav fellow I believe, and the Eye of Magnus. And some boring leather boots, fgj. I usually wear epic justice robes of destruction though, for 120% mana regen and 18% cheaper Destruction spells (or something). But they're boring, :monster:.

X-SOLDIER

AKA
X
• Level 43
• 162 hours played.
•
- Favorite moment was meeting Parthurnaax, and already having the Eldge Scroll, and then immediately fighting Alduin in an epic piece of combat
• Have all the Dragon Priest Masks.
• One-shotted the final Dragon Priest, because the Dark Brotherhood's Shrouded Gauntlets are ridiculous for my character. I'm already doing 250+ damage with my bow flat out, I do 3x that when hidden, and the Shrouded Gauntlets double that. Oh, and apparently with Bows, both the Bow AND the Arrow damage gets multiplied (by 6) so the arrows alone do 144, and the Bow itself is doing ~1500.

The only downside is that for some weird reason the arrow-shooting guy in Solitude somehow lost my Daedric Arrow and got his Steel Arrows back. I have a 0% to place another one on him, so I've reverted back to using Ancient Nordic Arrows for the most part (since I've gow ~2000 of them), since no one sells Daedric Arrows, and only occasionally sell a few Ebony Arrows.

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
I actually got bored / disinterested with it for a while and went back to play some BF3, fgj :monster:

Top Bottom