The Avengers, AoU, Infinity War, & Endgame films

Vendel

Banned
Great movie. Only slightly ruined by trying to explain to my brother who Thanos is. We never really got past the spelling/pronunciation of his name......

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Leon S. Kennedy,Terry Bogard, The Dark Knight, Dacon, John Marston, Teal'c
I could sit here and make a huge post about all of the little details and what I didn't like dissecting the whole damn film, but I'm not.

All I can say is I really enjoyed it despite all of the changes to lore that I didn't like and a few uninteresting characters, and it probably is the best comic book film ever made, in so much that it is like an actual comic in live action.

Gym Leader Devil

True Master of the Dark-type (suck it Piers)
AKA
So many names
All I can say is I really enjoyed it despite all of the changes to lore that I didn't like and a few uninteresting characters, and it probably is the best comic book film ever made, in so much that it is like an actual comic in live action.

Wow, coming from you that's a rather hefty endorsement dude. Will most definitely have to see this when the opportunity comes around.

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
I honestly wouldn't mind seeing it again if there was
a) a 2D version shown anywhere close to me
b) an original non-dubbed version in cinemas

Because some of these German voiceovers sound really terrible. Sam Jackson has the voice of Launchpad McQuack, ffs.

Danseru-kun

Pro Adventurer
Great movie. Only slightly ruined by trying to explain to my brother who Thanos is.

I can sympathize. My cousins around me kept on asking "Why are there Captain America cards? Is Black Widow and Hawkeye a couple? So Thor is Loki's brother? etc etc etc." I missed a few dialogues because of this.

325max.jpg

Do you think we should have new thread or club for Avengers(for all members) dedicated to fanart and fangirling/fanboying apart from movie discussion?

Super Mario

IT'S A ME!
AKA
Jesse McCree. I feel like a New Man
I can sympathize. My cousins around me kept on asking "Why are there Captain America cards? Is Black Widow and Hawkeye a couple? So Thor is Loki's brother? etc etc etc." I missed a few dialogues because of this.

This is the reason why I dont bring family members with me or any friends who doesn't know shit about these guys. It spoils the moment of glory. I make it a rule for a movie I go to that relates to the marvel cinematic universe that I dont bring them unless they saw the previous films.

Super Mario

IT'S A ME!
AKA
I honestly wouldn't mind seeing it again if there was
a) a 2D version shown anywhere close to me
b) an original non-dubbed version in cinemas

Because some of these German voiceovers sound really terrible. Sam Jackson has the voice of Launchpad McQuack, ffs.

That's nothing, from the hindi dub of thor I saw on a mobile phone with a friend he is voiced by one of the superstars in bollywood cinema (can't specify as I dont watch that part of entertainment) and he calls Mjolnir " Hathoda". Ever since I nicknamed the hammer of magic the Hathoda for maximum damage. It earns hilarity points from the indian and pakistani guys I bounce with from time to time.

X-SOLDIER

Harbinger O Great Justice
AKA
X
@Tets: That reminds me of when I watched Scrubs in German, and everyone was voiced really well, with the glaring exception of Turk.

X :neo:

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
There'll be no extended cut. :thor:

“No [there won’t be a director’s cut on the DVD]. I… believe very strongly in putting the director’s cut into the theaters. I believe that the director’s cut is the best movie for the studio and the best version of the movie for the audience. I’ve never really been in a situation where I had to pull the beating heart out of something that I did. I think people get to see a lot of extraordinary extras because I did shoot a bunch of stuff that I love, but the movie is the movie I want it to be.”

http://www.movie-censorship.com/news_en.php?ID=3503

Last edited:

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
Satsu, BRIAN BLESSED, MIGHTY AND WISE Junpei Iori: Ace Detective, Maccaffrickstonson von Lichtenstafford Frabenschnaben, Polite Krogan, Robert Baratheon
Wouldn't stop them from including cut content on the disc, though, maybe as standalone short scenes.

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
Yes, that much is already confirmed. About 30 minutes of deleted scenes will be on the home video releases.

Vendel

Banned

My brother on the other hand felt the need to explain things to me because the only movie I have seen is the Incredible Hulk.

Despite the fact that I am a comic book nerd from way back and he knows that I have no problem reading up on movies I wanted to see but didn't.

*after the 'drop the hammer' scene*
Brother - "Captain America's shield is unique blah blah"

Me - :facepalm:

Last edited:

Vendel

Banned
^ I lol'd hard reading this. It's a hilarious story, Vendel. xD

Well I had forgotten about that until I read Daneru's post. Probably because he only did it a few times before I cut him off. And the Thanos discussion afterwards made me want to rip out my eyes.

This started during the credits, took a bathroom break, then continued all the way to the car and out of the parking lot.

B - "Who's that"

M - "Thanos"

B - "Panos?

M - "T-H-A-N-O-S"

B - "Tan us"?

M-
ScannersExplodingHead.gif

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
My wife's little sister asked me a number of questions during. I found it easier just to answer because "If the movie doesn't explain it, I'll tell you later" didn't satisfy her. Ah well. I signed up for the job of being her dad. Guess this goes along with it. She really wanted to get it all because she knows I'm a comic nerd and wants to feel like we have things in common that other people don't. She does this with anime and video games and shit too.

I love that kid. ;_;

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Leon S. Kennedy,Terry Bogard, The Dark Knight, Dacon, John Marston, Teal'c
I was really happy I brought my little sister with me.

She was giggling it up

Danseru-kun

Pro Adventurer
My little sister was also with me. It went like this:

Sis: Ate, here's comes Captain America!
Me: *Squeezes her arm hard and shakes it" OMG my heart!

We also both ship Cap x Widow, so we had a lot of giggles. Without her I would have squeezed my brother instead.

Pretty much my siblings are like me, can never really afford comics but well researched. My cousins are another story, they're the type that believes that all comic book character belong in the same universe. Like "where is superman?"

*facepalm*

Super Mario

IT'S A ME!
AKA
My co worker asked me where was Batman, Green Lantern and humorously Jake Sulley from avatar. (hence why I lol'd at the avengers shirt)

:wesley:

Top Bottom