The Avengers, AoU, Infinity War, & Endgame films

Dawnbreaker

~The Other Side of Fear~
Same. I totally didn't get why people think the comment from Captain America was religious overtones for the movie. It's his character, not the theme of the film. Christ.

Also, the Batman movies are awesome but so is the Avengers. Why are people trying to diminish one with the other?

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
Also, the Batman movies are awesome but so is the Avengers. Why are people trying to diminish one with the other?

Because there's not enough love for both!!

If you like one, then you're inevitably taking away from the love of the other! There's no liking...both! That's just crazy!!!

Dawnbreaker

~The Other Side of Fear~
roffles

There's enough love for everything! These people are just crazy. xD

Incidently I like both Trek and Wars, Pepsi and Coke, etc. Polarizing for the sake of such is just dumbshit.

Ghost X

Its like comparing apples and oranges, I just happen to like apples better. Apples being Marvel in this analogy :awesome:.

OneWingedDemon

NOT AMUSED
LOL@ religious overtones. I dun see any.

Also, Thor's "he's adopted" line got all the laughs in my theatre. I burst out laughing, his delivery was so perfect :lol:

Danseru-kun

Pro Adventurer
LOL@ religious overtones. I dun see any.

Agree. I don't like the idea where just because a character is *insert something here* means that the theme of the movie changes. For example, introducing a black main character does not mean it's automatically against racism, including a gay character does not mean it's about LGBT rights, including a feminist does not necessarily make a film feminist. It's a fact that different people live in the world we should deal with it. Cap is a Christian, but it doesn't make the movie religious.
Also, Thor's "he's adopted" line got all the laughs in my theatre. I burst out laughing, his delivery was so perfect :lol:
Apparently, some adoptees got offended by this.

Unlucky

WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN
Sooo..according to your scriptwriter, the fact he was adopted is the reason he is a bad guy!
Being adopted is NOT something to use for the butt of jokes! Marvel, immediately cease using adoption as the butt of jokes AND issue a public apology to the adoption community!

People reading too much into something innocent and getting butthurt as a result. Idgi

Ite

Save your valediction (she/her)
AKA
Ite
I laughed at that joke, and I remember thinking "That's going to offend some politically correct asshole somewhere" and it did. Bravo world.

Captain Jack Harkness

not a out-of-bounds guy
AKA
4nn4-chan, Loras Tyrell, Loki
i laughed a lot hearing the joke, and when the film ended my friend said " 'he's adopted', the same phrase that Angeal said about Genesis' massacre in banora :monster:"

Mantichorus

"I've seen enough."
AKA
Kris; Mantichorus; Sam Vimes; Neku Sakuraba; Koki Kariya; Hazama; CuChulainn; Yu Narukami; Mewtwo; Rival Silver; Suicune; Kanata; Professor Oak; The Brigadier; VIII; The Engineer
Well, in the argument about whether Batman's better than the Avengers, the Avengers must be better, cos Batman was once a member. :monster:

JLA_Avengers_Assemble.png

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Leon S. Kennedy,Terry Bogard, The Dark Knight, Dacon, John Marston, Teal'c
That was a really good crossover. It's a shame it will never happen again.

Ryushikaze

Deus Admiral Parsimonious, PHD, DDS, MD, JD, OBE
AKA
Tim, Ryu
True, we need far more Lambasting.

Ten, though younwould never know it. She's too smart for her own good -- and everyone else's.

I kind of see it as one of those "either humanity's redeemer or its enslaver" situations.

Excellent.[/Gendo Ikari]
But yeah, I've known some (And by all accounts, been one) those kids, and they're a handful, but they're also the best kind of kids.

Sounds like fun, man. I'm glad to hear somebody else thought of that joke in that scene.

Yeah. So, the second time I saw it, this Sat, with another geek- who'd only seen Captain America but wants to see the rest- I still had a damn lot of fun. Granted, much of that was being amused by the Geek's sudden Crush on Loki, but it's still good.

Oh, and Cap being devout doesn't give this movie religious overtones any more than the Asgardians did. It's his Faith, it's a humorous line that doesn't mock his religion or anyone else's and it's dropped immediately.

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Eh. Cap's never been "devout" he believes in god and all that but it's never been a huge part of his character.

One offhand comment does not make some big deal nor does it suddenly make him Captain Pope.

People are just idiots.

Last edited:

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
People also forget that he is an American male who grew up in the early half of the 1900's and fought in WWII, etc etc.

How does it not make sense for him to hold such an opinion, even as someone who is not overly religious?

You have to think about the time period he is from.

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
He looks about the same size imo. I don't think we ever see the Hulk stand straight in Avengers so he appear small due to spending almost the entire film hunched over.

Danseru-kun

Pro Adventurer
I just watched this again yesterday, still fun. I noticed some stuff

> Thor's headbutt left a dent on Iron Man's head, I think if the fight continued, Iron Man would lose big time
> The new Stark tower plan does have a quintjet hangar
> Cap does do a lot of stuff
> somehow I started to wonder why the Helicarrier was so easily infiltrated by a single unit
> Iron Man does crash beside a Shawarma store during the final battle
>I now understand why Ruffalo seems to be the best Hulk, his portrayal is unique

probably won't watch it again until the extended dvd gets released

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
I noticed most of that stuff from the first viewing, I wasn't aware there was anything to miss tbh. The shawarma thing was the only one I didn't really pay any attention to.

Also, of course Thor would beat Iron Man. This man takes punches from the Hulk without so much as a bruise ffs

Top Bottom