The Avengers, AoU, Infinity War, & Endgame films

Elisa Maza

Whomst
It's funny because "Thanos" is a Greek name (Θάνος) and it refers to Limnos. It's also a guy's name. So, when I heard that his name was "Thanos" I was like: "They're having Greeks now in the Marvel???"

shutup

Danseru-kun

Pro Adventurer
Do you mean this Avengers shirt?

3i2uu.jpg

Last edited:

Danseru-kun

Pro Adventurer
Double post.

I didn't notice it when I watched it, but the end of the movie, Tony is planning to renovate the Stark Tower to accommodate the whole team. The rooms (or floors) in the plan has their maching logos (Mjolnir, Cap's shield etc). It also looks like he's putting a Quintjet hangar, according to some people. Kudos to the people who shared this:

tumblr_m3l8v2ZJrL1qic2fzo1_500.gif

tumblr_m3l8v2ZJrL1qic2fzo2_500.gif

Source: http://notwithoutmycoffee.tumblr.co...yone-notice-that-tony-has-plans-to-build-each

Now the A does mean something :awesome:

Ryushikaze

Deus Admiral Parsimonious, PHD, DDS, MD, JD, OBE
AKA
Tim, Ryu
My wife's little sister asked me a number of questions during. I found it easier just to answer because "If the movie doesn't explain it, I'll tell you later" didn't satisfy her. Ah well. I signed up for the job of being her dad. Guess this goes along with it. She really wanted to get it all because she knows I'm a comic nerd and wants to feel like we have things in common that other people don't. She does this with anime and video games and shit too.

I love that kid. ;_;

Sounds like a great kid to be a dad for. How old is the next gen nerdling?

I, fortunately, was surrounded by geeks of all kinds, and the only one who hadn't seen the other Marvel Movies was still in the know about Marvel.

We were cracking up- and cracking jokes- the whole movie.

One that got big laughs was 'Unstoppable Force, meet immovable Object' when Thor smack's Cap's shield.

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
Sounds like a great kid to be a dad for. How old is the next gen nerdling?

Ten, though younwould never know it. She's too smart for her own good -- and everyone else's.

I kind of see it as one of those "either humanity's redeemer or its enslaver" situations.

I, fortunately, was surrounded by geeks of all kinds, and the only one who hadn't seen the other Marvel Movies was still in the know about Marvel.

We were cracking up- and cracking jokes- the whole movie.

One that got big laughs was 'Unstoppable Force, meet immovable Object' when Thor smack's Cap's shield.

Sounds like fun, man. I'm glad to hear somebody else thought of that joke in that scene.

Lord Noctis

Harbinger of Darkness
AKA
Caius Ballad
So only just now saw this movie. I am deinfetely going to go back and watch it again. Might be the best movie I've seen in the last five years. When it wnated me to laugth I laughed, when it wnated me to feel worried for the chracters I felt worried, and when it wnated to blow my mind my mind was blown.

T'was a truly marvelous experience.

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
I just watched it, :monster:. It was entertaining. Not nearly as awesome as everyone makes it out to be though. Sure, it's up there when it comes to the zomg-Marvel-superhero-movie genre of movies, but it's not life-changing or anything. Action is good, various superheroes / big name dudes wasn't as annoying as I had prepared for it to be, but that's about it.

And 3D just isn't working for me. It doesn't add anything to the movie, and mainly makes my eyes tired and the movie look blurred / out of sync / low frame rate / hard to follow visually.

X-SOLDIER

Harbinger O Great Justice
AKA
X
If you can find a link for "The Consultant" it actually ties in very closely to The Avengers (and is one of the last Marel Universe events that takes place prior to The Avengers). I can't find a non-blocked on right now, but I may attempt to find one when I'm off work if no one's posted it.

X :neo:

Dawnbreaker

~The Other Side of Fear~
Saw it. Loved it. I hate 3D also but otherwise I found it very enjoyable. I liked how they managed to give almost everyone a big part in the movie and all the funny one-liners kept me entertained. ^__^

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
If you can find a link for "The Consultant" it actually ties in very closely to The Avengers (and is one of the last Marel Universe events that takes place prior to The Avengers). I can't find a non-blocked on right now, but I may attempt to find one when I'm off work if no one's posted it.

X :neo:

Got a copy off of TPB, :monster:. I was wondering, that agent coulson - at least to me, without actually following the franchise etc - seems a bit of a random character they tossed in randomly with which supposedly the avenger team needs to have some association with. I found him a rather random, nondescript character :monster:.

I was also wondering some other thing. Later on in the movie, Banner goes
I'm always angry!11
, his secret thingy. I don't get it, :monstersmash:.

Also, Hulk should get an award for best text in this movie.

Lord Noctis

Harbinger of Darkness
AKA
Caius Ballad
Got a copy off of TPB, :monster:. I was wondering, that agent coulson - at least to me, without actually following the franchise etc - seems a bit of a random character they tossed in randomly with which supposedly the avenger team needs to have some association with. I found him a rather random, nondescript character :monster:.

I was also wondering some other thing. Later on in the movie, Banner goes
I'm always angry!11
, his secret thingy. I don't get it, :monstersmash:.

Also, Hulk should get an award for best text in this movie.

I wouldn't call Agent COulson a random character. He's been there since the first movie after all. Factoring in his appearances across all the different movies he's probably got as much pre-Avengers screentime as any of the big heroes do. Plus he's totally awesome.

Mantichorus

"I've seen enough."
AKA
Kris; Mantichorus; Sam Vimes; Neku Sakuraba; Koki Kariya; Hazama; CuChulainn; Yu Narukami; Mewtwo; Rival Silver; Suicune; Kanata; Professor Oak; The Brigadier; VIII; The Engineer
Well, my random suited agent goon filter must've blocked him out in that case, sorry :monster:.
He was the one in the first Iron Man movie, who kept trying to talk to Stark about Iron Man.

He was also in charge of the impact site in Thor.

If you missed him in Iron Man 2, you must have fell asleep. :monster:

Danseru-kun

Pro Adventurer
I was reading through the posts in tumblr and apparently someone is ranting how ridiculous and unrealistic Avengers is (compared to Batman.) He/she is making a fuss about Cap's "there's only one God" line and says that the movie has huge religious implications...

Actually, I don't get the Nolan vs MCU war going on in the internet. No offense to Batman fans but Avengers videos/posts are being spammed by "batman is better than any of the 6 superheroes" comments.

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Leon S. Kennedy,Terry Bogard, The Dark Knight, Dacon, John Marston, Teal'c
I love batman, but all this "Batman is better than EVERYTHINNNGGGGGG ERRUUHRGGHGHHGHGHGG" is really fucking irritating

Fucking Nolan fans. TDK is not the best thing ever and TDKRs sure as hell won't be either. My biggest issue with TDK is that Batman is a fucking bit player in a goddman BATMAN film.

Also I feel the same about Coulson Yop, could have done without him entirely.

Ghost X

He/she is making a fuss about Cap's "there's only one God" line and says that the movie has huge religious implications...

Even though Captain America was serious in saying that, it was obviously a joke, as much as a joke as when Hulk strikes Thor etc. It was supposed to make people laugh, and it made me laugh =p. Rather than promoting religion, it was rather probably remarking on his 1940s mindset.

Top Bottom