The Final Fantasy VII LTD Thread (Round 4)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
Sonique, Quexinos, Pinkie Pie, Derpy Hooves
I just got this from a very angry Cloti on youtube ranting about CxA:

And I've seen your forums before; you guys once had thread discussing how you wish Tifa had died instead of Aeris so that Cloud could be with his "TRUE WUB!"

So apparently CxA is my forum now. Go me I guess.

Alessa Gillespie

a letter to my future self
AKA
Sansa Stark, Sweet Bro, Feferi, tentacleTherapist, Nin, Aki, Catwoman, Shinjiro Aragaki, Terezi, Princess Bubblegum
I asked this question and I found it interesting. Well, I have not formed an opinion that sore.
Like, if Cloud really was in love with Aerith, and he is therefore moving on with Tifa after Aerith's death, does that make whatever he felt for Aerith any less meaningful?
The fact that he's trying to move on. Does that mean she didn't love Aerith?
Well, in Mass Effect 2 you have the option of dating a guy whose wife died several years ago, but that doesn't mean your relationship with him is any less deep. It's just different.

Of course, I am not saying any affection Cloud may have had for Aerith was leik that of a wife you have lived with and had children with, but I'm just saying it's possible to love more than one person, just like Aerith loves Cloud and Zack.

Vendel

Banned
I have heard it said that some people would be happy with Cloud moving on with Tifa if it was made clear that Aerith was his first choice.

Sucks to be them.

Tabitha said:
Of course, I am not saying any affection Cloud may have had for Aerith was leik that of a wife you have lived with and had children with, but I'm just saying it's possible to love more than one person, just like Aerith loves Cloud and Zack.

Right. And we are still waiting for that ever elusive proof that he had romantic feelings for Aerith.

And again if he did then why is he hooking up with Tifa by the end of the game?

Alessa Gillespie

a letter to my future self
AKA
Sansa Stark, Sweet Bro, Feferi, tentacleTherapist, Nin, Aki, Catwoman, Shinjiro Aragaki, Terezi, Princess Bubblegum
Right. And we are still waiting for that ever elusive proof that he had romantic feelings for Aerith.

And again if he did then why is he hooking up with Tifa by the end of the game?
because ultimania quotes only mean shit in relation to tifa amirite

also see 'YOU CAN LIKE MORE THAN ONE PERSON'. just because i hook up with one guy does not mean i absolutely loathe my previous boyfriend

Tifabelle

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Tifabelle, Nathan Drake, Locke Cole, Kain Highwind, Yamcha, Arya Stark
I remember seeing someone say it's ok if Cloud sleeps with Tifa because she's hot and he is a guy.

It's true. He can't help himself. All you guys are only driven by hormones.

Fairheartstrife

[no fucks given]
AKA
FHS, that cloti bitch
No that's what they say WE say.

No, I recall very specifically a CLERITH making that argument. About Cloud and Tifa having sex. Oh, something like "Yes, I think they did. Does that mean he loved her? No, I mean, he's a guy and look at her chest, lolololo **lame**"

null

Mr. Thou
AKA
null
I remember a "pity fuck" spin too
lmao.gif

Ryushikaze

Deus Admiral Parsimonious, PHD, DDS, MD, JD, OBE
AKA
Tim, Ryu
Such a catch, that Cloud. Apparent love of his life didn't die a week ago and he's banging another chick just for having great tits.

You gotta wonder why Aerith wants that version of Cloud.

Raidou

Pro Adventurer
How long was it between Aerith dying and Cloud telling Tifa he wanted her by his side ? One to two weeks?
And Aerith. The fact that she's trying to move on. Does that mean she didn't love Zack?
When does moving on mean you didn't love the first person?

Ryushikaze

AKA
Tim, Ryu
How long was it between Aerith dying and Cloud telling Tifa he wanted her by his side ? One to two weeks?

Two or so. Not that Cloud or Tifa were conscious for one of them.

And Aerith. The fact that she's trying to move on. Does that mean she didn't love Zack?
When does moving on mean you didn't love the first person?

No, but it does make that love very suspect when you do it IMMEDIATELY.

Fighter

Pro Adventurer

If we imagine for a moment that Cloud loved Aerith then we have to remember that he got his memories back in the lifestream. That would not make a classical 'moving on'.

null

Mr. Thou
AKA
null
Cloud didn't require a whole lot of time to heal.

He moved on so quickly....

I think Ryu is referring to Aerith falling in love with Cloud very quickly after spending so many years waiting for Zack.

(Not entirely sure, but he'll probably clarify shortly.)

(Unless he's really Nomura.)

Ryushikaze

AKA
Tim, Ryu
I think Ryu is referring to Aerith falling in love with Cloud very quickly after spending so many years waiting for Zack.

(Not entirely sure, but he'll probably clarify shortly.)

I mean Cloud sleeping with Tifa so soon after 'losing' Aerith.
My thoughts on Aerith's mental state are that she's trying to move on without bring ready to move on just yet.

(Unless he's really Nomura.)

I will neither confirm nor deny. I want to leave room for everyone's point of view.

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
Sonique, Quexinos, Pinkie Pie, Derpy Hooves
No, I recall very specifically a CLERITH making that argument. About Cloud and Tifa having sex. Oh, something like "Yes, I think they did. Does that mean he loved her? No, I mean, he's a guy and look at her chest, lolololo **lame**"

OH yeah I remember that. It's funny how they'll say a kiss would prove Cloud and Tifa are a couple, but sex means nothing :monster:

Of course we all know it's just the High Affection scene that the sex happens in, and not the low affection version where a quote once used to say the scene was apathetic and ends short is now just saying Cloud was apathetic toward Tifa's love advances.

Really fucking hate that backpedaling.

I will neither confirm nor deny. I want to leave room for everyone's point of view.
Oh god I almost spit Dr Pepper on the computer XD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom