The Final Fantasy VII LTD Thread (Round 4)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
Sonique, Quexinos, Pinkie Pie, Derpy Hooves
Oh cock, the crap about Squall's...
You mean the feather? :awesome:

You are a beautiful person and I love you for this.

Seriously, people were fucking arguing with me over the shade of the materia. Or the size.

HURP DURP THE WHITE MATERIA SHOULD BE WHITE, EVEN THOUGH I PLAYED THIS GAME 40 THOUSAND TIMES I WILL PRETEND I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT THE HOLY MATERIA LOOKS LIKE

Pointing out that someone is being retarded for saying that his crystal was holy isn't a bad thing at all. And lol @ this being posted right after Ryu brought up the size

Winter

8ad 8r8k
AKA
oddishness, like vines, azula, femshep, winter
ForceStealer said:
It just means the date. Not dating as in the status, just the progressive verb.
oh man I feel like an idiot, that seems so obvious now haha. HERP DERP WAY TO NOT LOOK AT CONTEXT :sadpanda:

also, speaking of gundam seed:
th_fllay_harpy.gif

accurate depiction of the "romantic subplot"

fucking hell that anime was bad

Last edited:

Tifabelle

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Tifabelle, Nathan Drake, Locke Cole, Kain Highwind, Yamcha, Arya Stark
This is the only LTD related place I hang out, but I did hear about it.

I don't hang out, I lurk because I'm not welcome. And there is no discussion of the LTD allowed.

But seriously, everyone I know who has even played the game never even blinked twice about it.

Yo. Right here as well.

It didn't help that from what I saw, Cloti's were absolutely adamant that it wasn't Holy, there was absolutely no way, and fought pretty viciously against it. Which, imo, made no sense because Cloud having Holy wasn't a romance nod, it was a continuity nod. In a way, the way Cloti's acted reinforced the false notion that holy=proof of CxA, something we all pretty much find ridiculous.

It looks like Holy, but I suppose an argument could be made that it's just generic materia. idk nor care. But denial=proof is dumb.

The whole LTD argument was pretty fucking stupid now that I think about it. I don't see how anyone who played the game saw a huge romance factor in it.

I think we can all agree that it's gotten blown out of proportion.

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
I don't hang out, I lurk because I'm not welcome. And there is no discussion of the LTD allowed.
It is if you talk about Clerith :monster:

And I still wanna know what's so bad about telling someone that Cloud's crystal isn't holy. If a Clerith brought that up to me, I'm going to say "no it's not."... informing someone that they're wrong makes me pathetic... why?

Splintered

unsavory tart
Yeah, and Sephiroth's sword changes length depending on which game and how hard he has it for Cloud.

Holy was fucked up for presentation purposes. They screwed a lot up to jam it into Dissidia. But those are might silly coincidences for it not to be Holy, glowing a pale green, being opposed to the "black materia" and the fact that it's the only recognizable materia in the entire game.

BRING IT.
Oh cock, the crap about Squall's...
Squall counts for nothing.

Zee

wangxian married
AKA
Zee
And I still wanna know what's so bad about telling someone that Cloud's crystal isn't holy. If a Clerith brought that up to me, I'm going to say "no it's not."... that makes me pathetic... why?

random piece of materia versus a widely recognized symbol in the ff7 universe, which is in the logo

which makes sense

hrm

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
random piece of materia versus a widely recognized symbol in the ff7 universe, which is in the logo

which makes sense

hrm
Why would Cloud be holding onto Holy when no other character has a crystal connected to one single person? Why is he the exception?

Materia = FFVII world. All of the other crystals represent their world. now which makes more sense. Cloud's holding onto something that represents his world like everyone else, or he's the soul exception?

The reason I say again and again that the materia isn't holy is, not because I'm worried about it being a CxA hint, but because it makes no sense AT ALL for it to be holy.

BUT BUT IT looks like holy!
No, it looks like materia. Deal.

EDIT
wait Holy's in the logo?
I don't remember that, I remember a meteor...

Fighter

Pro Adventurer
It didn't help that from what I saw, Cloti's were absolutely adamant that it wasn't Holy, there was absolutely no way, and fought pretty viciously against it. Which, imo, made no sense because Cloud having Holy wasn't a romance nod, it was a continuity nod. In a way, the way Cloti's acted reinforced the false notion that holy=proof of CxA, something we all pretty much find ridiculous.

Sometimes we argue because we know exactly what stupid bullshit will follow.

Zee

wangxian married
AKA
Zee
Why would Cloud be holding onto Holy when no other character has a crystal connected to one single person? Why is he the exception?
Who is saying a single person? Yeah, I'd say the flowers were a shout out to Aeris, but they also seemed to be there so the average person would think flowers > aeris > oh, holy materia

I mean yeah she owned it but it's more important to the ff7 universe as a whole than just her.

again

IT'S IN THE LOGO; look closer dude. i have a giant compilation of ff7 poster hanging up in here and it's meteor with the materia floating above it

Winter

8ad 8r8k
AKA

Materia = FFVII world. All of the other crystals represent their world. now which makes more sense. Cloud's holding onto something that represents his world like everyone else, or he's the soul exception?

The reason I say again and again that the materia isn't holy is, not because I'm worried about it being a CxA hint, but because it makes no sense AT ALL for it to be holy.

No, it looks like materia. Deal.
ya'll motherfuckers are overanalyzin' this shit

i'm just sayin'

Splintered

unsavory tart
Arguments have been made that Terra's crystal is her father.

But mostly because there is no way to distinguish one crystal from the other in other Final Fantasies. You can tell Holy by it's color, and especially by it opposed position to the black materia Sephiroth seems to wield (who had that pic of Sephiroth? Drake?).

Simply put, it's not like extra thought was put into it, it's just that Holy had 1. a plot relevance and 2. visibly unique.

Tifabelle

Pro Adventurer
AKA
wait Holy's in the logo?
I don't remember that, I remember a meteor...

I was just thinking the same thing. Also, looking over FFVII's "Link to the Original", it doesn't mention it being Holy. I would think if it were more than just generic materia it would garner a mention. Although I do think it looks like Holy. I'm on the fence about this one.

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
IT'S IN THE LOGO
Where? I honestly always thought that was meteor crashing down...

Also did FFX have a sphere in the logo? Was Leon's crystal in the logo? This isn't rocket science.

I was just thinking the same thing. Also, looking over FFVII's "Link to the Original", it doesn't mention it being Holy. I would think if it were more than just generic materia it would garner a mention. Although I do think it looks like Holy. I'm on the fence about this one.
This. And did Seph wield the black materia in Dissidia? I honestly don't know.

Zee

wangxian married
AKA
Zee
comp_logo_sm.jpg

Compilation_of_FF7_logo.jpg

If there's a materia next to meteor i would assume it's the opposing force, Holy.

I mean I think that would be pretty obvious but

Alessa Gillespie

a letter to my future self
AKA
Sansa Stark, Sweet Bro, Feferi, tentacleTherapist, Nin, Aki, Catwoman, Shinjiro Aragaki, Terezi, Princess Bubblegum
IT'S IN THE LOGO; look closer dude. i have a giant compilation of ff7 poster hanging up in here and it's meteor with the materia floating above it
OSHIT ITS LIKE THE FEDEX ARROW NOW I CANNOT UNSEE IT

Splintered

unsavory tart
I've been confused about the logo. I always thought it was Meteor until a year ago, when someone said it was Holy moving to stop the meteor. Is there an ultimania scan that says it.

Actually, it's kind of brilliant this way. Not knowing if it's Meteor or Holy is a great way to symbolize the similarities/differences of Sephiroth and Aerith.

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
comp_logo_sm.jpg

Compilation_of_FF7_logo.jpg

If there's a materia next to meteor i would assume it's the opposing force, Holy.

I mean I think that would be pretty obvious but

I'm not trying to be a bitch here but I don't see any materia. I see meteor crashing down D: where are you seeing holy? That little dot above it?... isn't that still just part of meteor?

EDIT
I see what part you mean now... I never really thought about it before. I just assumed it was part of meteor.

Tifabelle

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Are you saying that little circle at the tail of Meteor is Holy?

Zee

wangxian married
AKA
Zee
.....DID NOBODY THINK THAT BUT ME

no seriously really

it look distinctly separate from the meteor crashing down

Winter

8ad 8r8k
AKA
i saw it immediately and i'm running on zero hours of sleep